PDA

View Full Version : SPRING TRAINING SCHEDULE UPDATE (mods you might want to stick)

MarySwiss
01-04-2006, 07:11 PM
According to the TEP site, Sox tickets go on sale online on Jan. 14. HOWever, Ho-Ho-Kam tickets go on sale TOMORROW, Jan. 5th. Sox v. Cubs is a Saturday game, March 18th. Calling Sox Army, wouldn't it be nice to outnumber the Cubs at their own Spring training game? Does anybody have details about other ticket sales?

And BTW, any of youse guys who are down here and are in my immediate vicinity (that'd be East Valley--Chandler, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, Queen Creek, and Ahwatukee), give me a yell and we'll get together for (at least one :smile: ) beverage.

EDIT: Whoops, correction. The Cubs home game vs. the Sox is Mon. 3/27. The Sox home game vs. the Cubs is Saturday. 3/18. That Sox/Cubs home game will almost certainly sell out in about 5 seconds, I would think.

And yeah, I know that's not teal.

buehrle4cy05
01-04-2006, 07:14 PM
How easy/hard will it be to get tix this year? I might be down there for break...

And I'm too young to have a "beverage".:redface:

MarySwiss
01-04-2006, 07:29 PM
How easy/hard will it be to get tix this year? I might be down there for break...

And I'm too young to have a "beverage".:redface:

Who the hell knows? I'm thinking it will be very difficult, but I plan to be on the phone first thing tomorrow, scoring as many as I can for the Sox/Cubs game at Ho-Ho-Kam. I only want two, but us Sox fans have to look out for each other. (And BTW, any extras I score will be available to WSI folk for face value plus whatever "service charge" I have to pay. Just doing my part!)

:smile:

C-Dawg
01-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this! I was just thinking that now that its January, I should start checking the Sox site more often to see if they have a date announced for tickets yet.

When I was out there in '04, I bought them online in advance, but that turned out to be unnecessary since the two games I went to had plenty available day-of-game. This year, however, who knows! Better safe than sorry.

roylestillman
01-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Also Royals/Sox tickets in Surprise AZ for March 20th are also on sale now. 10,000+ ballpark and one of the best in the Cactus league. I'd suggest McDuffy's in Tempe for St.Pat's. It's an Irish sportsbar with an OTB attached. Good god you can't make stuff this up.

doogiec
01-05-2006, 07:23 AM
http://www.springtrainingonline.com (http://www.springtrainingonline.com) is a good site that contains info on sale dates for every team, along with schedule updates, stadium info, etc.

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Also Royals/Sox tickets in Surprise AZ for March 20th are also on sale now. 10,000+ ballpark and one of the best in the Cactus league. I'd suggest McDuffy's in Tempe for St.Pat's. It's an Irish sportsbar with an OTB attached. Good god you can't make stuff this up.

Words of caution, however: McDuffy's, although large, will undoubtedly be packed to the rafters on St. Pat's, and it's a cinch there'll be a cover. Plus that's the day before the Sox/Cubs game in Tucson, and watching baseball in the Arizona sun with a hangover is something you want to avoid. Trust me.

Cubs tickets go on sale in about a half-hour. The Sox/Cubs game in Mesa is on Monday, March 27. Tickets are from $5 (lawn) to $20 (field box).

CHIsoxNation
01-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Words of caution, however: McDuffy's, although large, will undoubtedly be packed to the rafters on St. Pat's, and it's a cinch there'll be a cover. Plus that's the day before the Sox/Cubs game in Tucson, and watching baseball in the Arizona sun with a hangover is something you want to avoid. Trust me.

Cubs tickets go on sale in about a half-hour. The Sox/Cubs game in Mesa is on Monday, March 26. Tickets are from $5 (lawn) to $20 (field box).

I thought that game was on the 27th?

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 10:40 AM
I thought that game was on the 27th?

Typo. Fixed now. Thanks! :smile:

CHIsoxNation
01-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Typo. Fixed now. Thanks! :smile:

No problem, I was just making sure I wasn't confused seeing as this will be my first time going out their for spring training.

I saw that you are from the Chandler area, about how long of a drive would it be to Tucson from there? My friend's family recently purchased a "winter home" in Chandler so we plan on staying there for the week. I heard it took a couple of hours or so from Phoenix to get to Tucson but wasn't exactly sure. We were planning on going over the weekend of the 18th because of the Cubs/Sox game.

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Well, this sucks! The line is busy and I keep getting kicked off the Web site! :angry:

Rocky Soprano
01-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Is there a link to where we can buy these tickets?

CHIsoxNation
01-05-2006, 11:18 AM
This blows, I had 4 tickets all lined up for the Sox/Cubs game in the Lawn. I finished putting in all of my information and then it said the serivce was "timed out". That really sucks.

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Is there a link to where we can buy these tickets?

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/spring_training/y2006/tickets.jsp?c_id=chc

But don't hold your breath; I've been trying for 20 minutes.

Rocky Soprano
01-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I got tickets!

2 tickets in section 217, row BB.

:gulp:

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 11:32 AM
I got tickets!

2 tickets in section 217, row BB.

:gulp:

Congrats! I'm officially giving up because I came to my senses and remembered that I LIVE HERE! In a couple of days, ads will start popping up in the Republic. (Scalping is legal in Arizona.)

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 11:35 AM
No problem, I was just making sure I wasn't confused seeing as this will be my first time going out their for spring training.

I saw that you are from the Chandler area, about how long of a drive would it be to Tucson from there? My friend's family recently purchased a "winter home" in Chandler so we plan on staying there for the week. I heard it took a couple of hours or so from Phoenix to get to Tucson but wasn't exactly sure. We were planning on going over the weekend of the 18th because of the Cubs/Sox game.

Chandler is in the Southeast Valley, so it's actually closer to Tucson than most other Valley cities. You can generally do it in about 90 minutes. It's a straight shot down I-10, and the park is right off the interstate. It's kind of similar to driving from Chicago to Milwaukee, only a lot more scenic.

Rocky Soprano
01-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Congrats! I'm officially giving up because I came to my senses and remembered that I LIVE HERE! In a couple of days, ads will start popping up in the Republic. (Scalping is legal in Arizona.)

Are you trying online?

I just got 3 more in the lawn.

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Are you trying online?

I just got 3 more in the lawn.

Yeah, online and by phone. And I refuse to give money to the Cubs organization to sit on the lawn. If that's all that's left, I'll just buy elsewhere.

CHIsoxNation
01-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Nevermind, I was able to get 3 tickets for Section 124 Row K!!! :gulp: :gulp:

Looks like I know when to plan my trip down there.

Rocky Soprano
01-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah, online and by phone. And I refuse to give money to the Cubs organization to sit on the lawn. If that's all that's left, I'll just buy elsewhere.

How many do you need?

I'll keep trying and give them to you if I get more.

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks anyway, but I was going for 2 field boxes and I'm sure they're gone by now. However, I'll seriously consider showing up at that bar that Steve Stone used to own (can't remember the name) after the game in full Sox WS gear! :cool:

Rocky Soprano
01-05-2006, 11:45 AM
So do we have to fly in to Phoenix?
Any suggestions as to where to stay?

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 11:50 AM

Well, I finally got through, but the best available were really cruddy, so I passed.

Since HoHoKam is in Mesa, you fly in to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. I don't know offhand about what hotels/motels are near the park, but if I were you, I'd stay as close to the park as possible; it's murder getting in and out of there. You can probably get more specific info from HoHoKam.

Now if you get tickets to a game in Tucson, you can fly in there, but I never have, so I don't know details.

If you go to the Web site from post #6 and click on Cubs, they have an "If You Go" button that gives some info.

Chicken Dinner
01-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Who the hell knows? I'm thinking it will be very difficult, but I plan to be on the phone first thing tomorrow, scoring as many as I can for the Sox/Cubs game at Ho-Ho-Kam. I only want two, but us Sox fans have to look out for each other. (And BTW, any extras I score will be available to WSI folk for face value plus whatever "service charge" I have to pay. Just doing my part!)

:smile:

I thought you said you would never go there again Mary??

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62253

Chicken Dinner
01-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks anyway, but I was going for 2 field boxes and I'm sure they're gone by now. However, I'll seriously consider showing up at that bar that Steve Stone used to own (can't remember the name) after the game in full Sox WS gear! :cool:

Sluggo's

CHIsoxNation
01-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know if you are allowed to tailgate at HoHoKam? I've been there once but it was when they were playing Milwaukee and nobody was really there. I remember parking in the grass somewhere but don't recall anyone tailgaiting.

Chicken Dinner
01-05-2006, 12:46 PM
Does anyone know if you are allowed to tailgate at HoHoKam? I've been there once but it was when they were playing Milwaukee and nobody was really there. I remember parking in the grass somewhere but don't recall anyone tailgaiting.

Absolutely.....actually that's the only way to go. Make sure you save yourself a few brews for after the game so you can wait for the traffic to thin out.

Rocky Soprano
01-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Well, I finally got through, but the best available were really cruddy, so I passed.

Since HoHoKam is in Mesa, you fly in to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. I don't know offhand about what hotels/motels are near the park, but if I were you, I'd stay as close to the park as possible; it's murder getting in and out of there. You can probably get more specific info from HoHoKam.

Now if you get tickets to a game in Tucson, you can fly in there, but I never have, so I don't know details.

If you go to the Web site from post #6 and click on Cubs, they have an "If You Go" button that gives some info.

Thanks!

CHIsoxNation
01-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Absolutely.....actually that's the only way to go. Make sure you save yourself a few brews for after the game so you can wait for the traffic to thin out.

Sweet. I'm going to see if I can put together some World Series Champions bean bags/boxes before then. Just for all the flubs fans to see.

:cheers:

soxrme
01-05-2006, 02:47 PM
For those of you who don't know, Ho Ho Kam is the biggest rip off out of all the parks down there. Tickets, concessions, parking are all more there. If you drive you are stuck forever in the parking lot after the game. As long as you are in Scottsdale try to see a game at Giants Stadium also. It is a great little park and you do not feel ripped off there. Down there you can stay in Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, they are all good. The Angels also have a good park in Mesa. Tuscon is about 1-1/2 hrs away to see real baseball. Last years Sox - cub game was played in the rain and was sold out. So if you go March 18th get the tickets in advance:bandance:
GO SOX

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 02:52 PM
For those of you who don't know, Ho Ho Kam is the biggest rip off out of all the parks down there. Tickets, concessions, parking are all more there. If you drive you are stuck forever in the parking lot after the game. As long as you are in Scottsdale try to see a game at Giants Stadium also. It is a great little park and you do not feel ripped off there. Down there you can stay in Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, they are all good. The Angels also have a good park in Mesa. Tuscon is about 1-1/2 hrs away to see real baseball. Last years Sox - cub game was played in the rain and was sold out. So if you go March 18th get the tickets in advance:bandance:
GO SOX

All true except for the Angels part. Diablo Stadium is in Tempe. It's my favorite of all the parks, usually easy to get in and out of. The only bad thing about the Scottsdale park is that it's downtown, so if there's any other crap going on (and there usually is), traffic will suck.

Also, consider the fact that the Sox/Cubs game is on a Saturday, which ought to screw up availability even more.

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 02:53 PM
I thought you said you would never go there again Mary??

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62253

Well, I'm not, am I? :cool:

The only reason I wanted to go was so I could wear all my Sox stuff and torture Cubs fans. Oh, well....

Jerko
01-05-2006, 02:56 PM

The only reason I wanted to go was so I could wear all my Sox stuff and torture Cubs fans. Oh, well....

Hangar?:o:

Rocky Soprano
01-05-2006, 02:59 PM

:rolling:

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by MarySwiss

Jerko, I LIVE HERE! I'll manage to get tickets to see the Sox somewhere. But can you think of any other reason I'd go see them play at HoHoKam, dump that it is?

Jerko
01-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by MarySwiss

Jerko, I LIVE HERE! I'll manage to get tickets to see the Sox somewhere. But can you think of any other reason I'd go see them play at HoHoKam, dump that it is?

I was just teasing you, but I wouldn't waste my time torturing Cub fans if they were playing the Sox in my backyard. They're not worth the effort. :smile:

HotelWhiteSox
01-05-2006, 03:13 PM
I can't make it, but singles are still available

Chicken Dinner
01-05-2006, 03:30 PM
GO SOX

There is nothing wrong with Ho Ho Kam park. If you get there early and tailgate and leave a little late, the traffic is not a problem. The prices for tickets , parking, and concessions are on par with other stadiums and if the Sox are playing the Cubs why would you drive an hour and a half to see real baseball? (Diamondbacks vs. Rockies??)

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 03:41 PM
There is nothing wrong with Ho Ho Kam park. If you get there early and tailgate and leave a little late, the traffic is not a problem. The prices for tickets , parking, and concessions are on par with other stadiums and if the Sox are playing the Cubs why would you drive an hour and a half to see real baseball? (Diamondbacks vs. Rockies??)

Well, I don't know about that. I've been there three times, and each time we got there at least an hour early, crawled along the streets, and had to park far far away. Same thing in reverse going home. Of the parks I've been to, that was the one I liked the least.

As for the prices, I don't really remember how they measured up. I'm not rich or anything, but when I want a beer and a dog, I want a beer and a dog, and I don't really care how much it costs. :wink:

soxrme
01-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Beer is $6.00 for Old Style and $4 or $5 at all other parks with many varieties. As for driving, I meant the March 18th game at our park in Tuscon. Sorry for the confusion on that. Check out the prices on t-shirts and everything else in the one lousy store open there.

Chicken Dinner
01-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Beer is $6.00 for Old Style and $4 or $5 at all other parks with many varieties. As for driving, I meant the March 18th game at our park in Tuscon. Sorry for the confusion on that. Check out the prices on t-shirts and everything else in the one lousy store open there.

If you can find a $4 beer at a spring training game you let me know. I go to about 12 games a year at every park in AZ and the beer and food prices are close to the same everywhere. As far as the T-shirts go, I wouldn't know because there's no reason to look at Cubs stuff.

soxrme
01-05-2006, 04:45 PM
All true except for the Angels part. Diablo Stadium is in Tempe. It's my favorite of all the parks, usually easy to get in and out of. The only bad thing about the Scottsdale park is that it's downtown, so if there's any other crap going on (and there usually is), traffic will suck.

Also, consider the fact that the Sox/Cubs game is on a Saturday, which ought to screw up availability even more.
Sorry about the town, it is a great park and it was rumored for awhile that the Sox were going to move there. Don't know what happened with that.

Sox35th
01-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Is this correct that "Spring Training" Sox tickets go on sale online Jan. 14. ?? :?:

I just want to make sure that I get tickets for March 17th. & 18th.

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Sorry about the town, it is a great park and it was rumored for awhile that the Sox were going to move there. Don't know what happened with that.

Not gonna happen, dammit. The Angels signed a new deal with them. I was bummed; I live about 10 minutes away from Diablo.:angry:

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Is this correct that "Spring Training" Sox tickets go on sale online Jan. 14. ?? :?:

I just want to make sure that I get tickets for March 17th. & 18th.

Here's the link to the TEP Web site. Should be able to find everything there.

http://www.tucsonbaseball.com/

C-Dawg
01-05-2006, 09:05 PM

You can fly into Tucson from Chicago but you will find a larger variety of flights and most likely better prices flying into Phoenix. I use Southwest Airlines as aften as I can - and I've found that by keeping an eye on their website they sometimes offer unadvertised internet-only fares than are substantially cheaper than they would be otherwise. Its worth checking out.

By the way, we're basing ourselves out of the Motel 6 on Benson Highway in Tucson, which I think is near the Tucson airport. Already have reservations! :cool:

CHIsoxNation
01-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Just wondering who (if anyone) picked up some tickets to the Cubs/Sox game in Mesa on March 27. I picked up three of them and just found out that we will have another person coming with us. So it looks we are going to have to find a fourth ticket somewhere. If anyone has an extra or knows where I could get one that would be great.

BTW - has anyone ever been to one of these sold out spring training games before? Is it pretty easy to get a ticket outside the park or do people still rip everyone off out there? Thanks in advance.

MarySwiss
01-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Just wondering who (if anyone) picked up some tickets to the Cubs/Sox game in Mesa on March 27. I picked up three of them and just found out that we will have another person coming with us. So it looks we are going to have to find a fourth ticket somewhere. If anyone has an extra or knows where I could get one that would be great.

BTW - has anyone ever been to one of these sold out spring training games before? Is it pretty easy to get a ticket outside the park or do people still rip everyone off out there? Thanks in advance.

It's not unusual to see ads crop up in the Republic as spring training gets closer, although I'd bet the fact that we won the World Series is going to have an effect on how many people want to sell their tickets to that game and probably on the price.

If I see any ads, I'll let you know ASAP.

CHIsoxNation
01-11-2006, 02:30 PM
It's not unusual to see ads crop up in the Republic as spring training gets closer, although I'd bet the fact that we won the World Series is going to have an effect on how many people want to sell their tickets to that game and probably on the price.

If I see any ads, I'll let you know ASAP.

Sounds good. Thanks!

kobo
01-11-2006, 04:28 PM
What time do tickets go on sale Saturday? My dad, brother, and I are going to be in AZ from March 15-20, and I need to get tickets for one of the Sox games when they go on sale Saturday. Last year was the first time I went to ST and I loved it! That was also the first time I went somewhere with just my Dad and brother since I was about 10 years old. This year we are going to parks we didn't get to last year except for Tucson. I agree with whoever said they liked Tempe Diablo Stadium the best, that was my favorite place last year.

Chicken Dinner
01-11-2006, 04:39 PM
12:00 pm local.

MarySwiss
01-11-2006, 04:41 PM
What time do tickets go on sale Saturday? My dad, brother, and I are going to be in AZ from March 15-20, and I need to get tickets for one of the Sox games when they go on sale Saturday. Last year was the first time I went to ST and I loved it! That was also the first time I went somewhere with just my Dad and brother since I was about 10 years old. This year we are going to parks we didn't get to last year except for Tucson. I agree with whoever said they liked Tempe Diablo Stadium the best, that was my favorite place last year.

According to this, online and by phone at 12 noon Arizona time, which is 1 pm your time.

Here's the link:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/spring_training/y2006/tickets.jsp?c_id=cws

kobo
01-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks! I checked the site the other day and they didn't have the time listed, should have probably checked again before posting!

havelj
01-11-2006, 09:54 PM
I've been to Tucson for day trips before, but am thinking about a Tucson-only trip this year for 3 or 4 days (going with my 70-year old dad-in good health.)

Do any of you have thoughts on hotels, food there? I usually have seen a game there and left right away for Scottsdale.

roylestillman
01-11-2006, 10:03 PM
For those who want to go to away games in the Phoenix area a number of teams are selling their tickets now. I checked the Brewers (Maryvale) and the Royals (Surprise) and both have behind-the-plate seats available for the Sox dates. The Brewers even have spring training Sausage Races.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-12-2006, 02:25 AM
Spring Training Tickets Info (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060111soxtix,1,5375395.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)

MarySwiss
01-17-2006, 05:43 PM
According to the Tempe Diablo Stadium Web site, their tickets go on sale on Feb. 8. This is a very nice venue; easy to get to and to get in and out of.

Linky (http://www.cactus-league.com/fields/angels.html)

roylestillman
01-17-2006, 06:26 PM
The tickets to the Angels Tempe Diablo games are on sale now. Go through the Angels MLB site. I think that Feb. 8th date is left over from last year.

MarySwiss
01-17-2006, 06:27 PM
The tickets to the Angels Tempe Diablo games are on sale now. Go through the Angels MLB site. I think that Feb. 8th date is left over from last year.

ARGGGHHH!

MarySwiss
01-17-2006, 06:42 PM

Thank you! Thank you! I just got four behind home plate.

Apparently, they will become available at Tempe Diablo on Feb. 8th. If there are any left. Cripes!!!! When--if ever--will these teams get their **** together?