PDA

View Full Version : What is the 300 level?

downstairs
01-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Ok... may seem like a stupid question, as I've been to a ton of games... but I've never been in the 300 level.

I see some good tickets out there for some games I'd like to see, and I'm considering trying it...

Does the 300 level have anything to do with the luxury suites? I assume not, since the tickets are fairly cheap ($50 each for the second game of the year).

Anything special about these?

Boozer
01-04-2006, 06:01 PM
It's the Club Level. Cushions on seats, waitresses, more food options. Great seats.

I want Mags back
01-04-2006, 06:02 PM
the 300 level, or the Club level, is those seats in between the 2 decks of Skyboxes. Great seats. Really good view of the whole field, and it is totally enclosed in its concourse, for when its chilly. There is a plasma screen with couches at every couple sections on the concourse, which is cool

TheDarkGundam
01-04-2006, 06:05 PM
$50 each? That sounds like a really good deal! I'd go for it.

downstairs
01-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Cool.... so if I buy Club level tix off someone, I get to go in the suites, and all that good stuff?

HomeFish
01-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Cool.... so if I buy Club level tix off someone, I get to go in the suites, and all that good stuff?

If you mean the 200 and 400 level, no.

downstairs
01-04-2006, 06:13 PM
If you mean the 200 and 400 level, no.

No... I think its section 316 or 350 or something...

(I didn't know there was a 200 or 400 level?)

I'm confused...

Elvisfan1977
01-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Ok... may seem like a stupid question, as I've been to a ton of games... but I've never been in the 300 level.

I see some good tickets out there for some games I'd like to see, and I'm considering trying it...

Does the 300 level have anything to do with the luxury suites? I assume not, since the tickets are fairly cheap ($50 each for the second game of the year).

I worked the club level for the 05 season as an in seat server, and what a year to work sox games! I'm currently writing a book of essays chronicling the 05 season. I know, shameless plug. But if Phil Rogers can do it, so can I.

Anyways, the 300 level is aka the Club level. It is the level of seats between the UD and LD. The Club level was the only level completely filled with green seats. You sit in sections that are five rows deep, and 20 seats across. For every two sections, there is an inseat server at your fingertips, (that's what I did last summer). The idea is for you the fan, to enjoy the game without interruption if you so desire. Basically, all you have to do by yourself is go to the bathroom. If you don't want the waiter's services for the night, that's ok too. There are walk up stands inside, which is insulated with carpets, nice couches, flat and wide screen TV's, plus a full service bar. Menus are in the cup holders and you can run a tab or pay cash. The food and bev. prices are pretty much the same as throughout the park. The menu changes from time to time, but it's basically ball park food, so keep that in mind. (But it's the best in the Majors!)

All in all, for a $50.00 ticket you get one of the best seats in the house, and a pretty fun experience. I say that in an unbiased way, too. I know many others who feel the same way. So I would definitely recommend it. Also, keep in mind that it's like going to a restaurant or out to a dinner theater. Always tip your server.

doublem23
01-04-2006, 06:29 PM
I've only been fortunate enough to score Club Level tickets twice in my life, but it is niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

santo=dorf
01-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Aren't they all sold out for this season? :?:

Elvisfan1977
01-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Aren't they all sold out for this season? :?:

Yes. Right before Christmas.

MisterB
01-04-2006, 08:58 PM
No... I think its section 316 or 350 or something...

(I didn't know there was a 200 or 400 level?)

I'm confused...

Maybe this will help...

dademz1
01-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Yes. Right before Christmas.

I will Say Elvisfan1977 is one of the finest Waiters in all of the Land (Well at least Bridgeport)

B+

thomas35forever
01-04-2006, 09:07 PM
The desserts there are good. I remember sitting in the cushioned seats eating a bag of big Whoppers during All-Star Sunday (futures game and celebrity softball game).

The Deacon
01-04-2006, 09:21 PM

Since they remodelled the inside, they have alot more in there. Dessert carts, couches, nice tv's, waiters, waitresses. Its nice, I sat there for the Series, but I personally think the sight lines are better in most lower box and reserve seats. In lower box you're much closer to the action.

billnahorodny
01-04-2006, 09:22 PM
I do think that a distinction should be made between the premium club level, which, like the 100 level is between the bases and the "regular" club level which extends down the lines. The club level, premium or regular offers you all of the amenities (waitress, cushion, etc). However, my opinion is that once you get a bit further down the line, the view just isn't very good and given the added expense, I'd much prefer watch the game downstairs. I sat in sec 328 for a cold day against the Mariners last season and it was probably the best view I've ever had for a game. I sat in 350 for Frank's comeback game on Memorial Day and actually left to watch half the game from the concourse. And I've regularly sat in 152, 154, 110, etc... and never had a problem with the view. IMO, club level down the line just feels really far away.

downstairs
01-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Thanks for your help... but I'm getting conflicting reports... I guess my concern is this... does *each and every* club-level ticket come with access to the skyline bar, waitresses, etc.

From some ticket site, I got the following note about US Cellular's club level. I'm confused!

Note: Some Club seats do not include Club Level amenities such as in-seat wait service and access to Club Level lounges, premium Club concessions and the Skyline Bar. Tickets without a reference to "Club Access" or "Waitress Service" in the ticket notes are not likely to include these services.

SoxFan78
01-05-2006, 09:04 AM
I will Say Elvisfan1977 is one of the finest Waiters in all of the Land (Well at least Bridgeport)

B+

As long as we are grading, my boy Richfitztightly is a great waiter up there in the club level, and a huge sox fan!

01-05-2006, 09:27 AM
The are great if you are taking your kids, especially little ones who can't sit still...if it get to hot you can go in the AC...there are TV's, and couchs, and youcan go right on to fundamentals

MarySwiss
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
I think the seats are great, but IMO there's something a little weird about being at a ball game and seeing servers bring people Bailey's on the rocks.

Chicago
01-05-2006, 11:22 AM
i'd have to say...IMO
the club level is nice to experience, but I would not want to have season tickets there. Its nice to do once a year. Everytime I sit club level, I feel like I'm missing the experience of being with the fans. It seems like everyone is more interested in their drink/food orders and talking then they are about the game.

Pros: good food/drinks, view(if closer to home plate), couches/tv's/eating areas (for bad weather, but then again might as well stay home), level is limited to club level ticket holders

Cons: Lack of excitement, stuffy enviroment, view(if farther down the lines, much better off with lowers, or uppers closer to home plate)

DumpJerry
01-05-2006, 11:27 AM
I like it there, but would not want to spend a whole season up there. I really enjoy walking the concourse on 100, that is why I opted to get my ST's on 100.

Sometimes you feel removed from the action on 300 becasue it is only a few rows deep (like 7) and you don't have the concourse behind you making noise.

HotelWhiteSox
01-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Club level/300 level are not the suites. The seats are the ones shown in that picture someone before me attached, the deck in between the upper deck and lower deck. If you want, you can go inside, and there's nice seats and TVs (good for weather) and nice quick access to food and the bathroom since it's only the 300 level. I've only been there once, it's cool, you get a good view of the game from the seats, but for the same price, you get the tickets right behind home plate (the grey area usually reserved for season tickets, not the scout seats. You can only get single game seats there by getting them at the box office) and I'd rather have those

Baby Fisk
01-05-2006, 02:19 PM
i'd have to say...IMO
the club level is nice to experience, but I would not want to have season tickets there. Its nice to do once a year. Everytime I sit club level, I feel like I'm missing the experience of being with the fans. It seems like everyone is more interested in their drink/food orders and talking then they are about the game.

Pros: good food/drinks, view(if closer to home plate), couches/tv's/eating areas (for bad weather, but then again might as well stay home), level is limited to club level ticket holders

Cons: Lack of excitement, stuffy enviroment, view(if farther down the lines, much better off with lowers, or uppers closer to home plate)
That sums it up nicely. The Club Level is a nice highbrow experience everyone should get to enjoy on occasion, especially if you go with a group, but ticket availability will be an issue.

Tekijawa
01-05-2006, 02:30 PM
The best way I can describe it is how it was first explained to me, from this site, before I went to my first 300 level game... "It's how the other half lives" I would describe it as a baseball game if it were played at a country club. I like the section for the one game that we go to each year with my brother-in-law's B-Day party and it's great if you have Kids because there aren't 30 rows for them to run up and down all game. I would never do it for season tickets but for a treat a couple of games a year it's very nice. If I had to impress some people who didn't follow baseball much and didn't long to be in the bleachers and I didn't want to spring for seats behind the plate this is the route I would go. Much more intimate and you're not going to get beer spilled on you there... if you go Try the Brownies... but make sure you have something to drink when you have them... they're GREAT!

downstairs
01-05-2006, 03:38 PM
My one question still stands though... I'm still confused...

Do any and all 300-level tickets get access to waitresses and the SkyLine bar?

If I buy these tickets, I won't be locked out of anything will I?

The Deacon
01-05-2006, 03:47 PM

Every section I've sat in I've had a waitress and I've been in the far ends on both sides and close to the plate. Ive never gone in the bar but I've walked past it and it doesnt look liked its restricted in any way.

RichFitztightly
01-05-2006, 03:57 PM

Yes, if you have 300 level tickets at any spot you will have access to everything the 300 level offers. That includes Skyline bar, any concession stand, any portable stand, and any server in your section.

As long as we are grading, my boy Richfitztightly is a great waiter up there in the club level, and a huge sox fan!

Thanks Man!!!:thumbsup:

IronFisk
01-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah, 300 level is swank, no doubt.

I've been there a couple of times as well. I echo all the nice comments about it. What I will add is this - the distance from the 300 level to the field is just about the same where the upper deck at Old Comiskey was. Maybe the lower half, but when I was up there, it sure felt "familiar" from my younger days sitting in the Old Palace.

Vernam
01-05-2006, 05:20 PM
The 300 section is the poor man's Scout Seating. :redneck

Just kidding -- obviously season tix aren't cheap no matter where you are. But I've been surprised at how the club seats really aren't that much more expensive than premium boxes. And I agree that sitting in 300 almost gives that feeling of old Comiskey's low-hanging upper deck. My wife's a saint to let me get our full-season tix in 527, but I knew better than to suggest we upgrade to 300 . . .

Oh, and the nachos there are unbelievable. My buddy and I ordered some on Nancy Faust Day, and within minutes most of the people sitting around us had ordered their own out of envy. Those babies weigh about 5 lbs, I swear.

Vernam

Baby Fisk
01-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Oh, and the nachos there are unbelievable. My buddy and I ordered some on Nancy Faust Day, and within minutes most of the people sitting around us had ordered their own out of envy. Those babies weigh about 5 lbs, I swear.

Vernam
The BBQ Pork Nachos were fantastico. :drool:

Elvisfan1977
01-06-2006, 06:52 PM

I know him well. We partied a lot during the season. Fitz is a class act!

hillbilly
01-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Without question, Elvisfan1977 and RichardFitzTightly were my two favorite servers up in the club level. They got the job done everytime. Keep up the good work. I heart you both.

hold2dibber
01-07-2006, 12:48 AM

The 300 level is ... heaven.

bighurt2719
01-07-2006, 12:08 PM
ive sat at club many times (i get tickets through a friend with corporate connections). the seats are amazing, the food inside is great, and the bathrooms are top notch and seem almost private. i would highly recommend getting some club level seats.

batmanZoSo
01-07-2006, 12:13 PM
The 300 level is ... heaven.

I've been meaning to see a game from that vantage point for years. It looks like a fantastic place to sit, in any park which has a middle, small tier like that. Just five rows, elevated, but still not to far back or up. Can't beat that.