PDA

View Full Version : White Sox 2005 WS Box Set (7 DVDs)

new video
01-04-2006, 05:52 PM
I just wanted you guys to be the first to know that A&E Home Video and Major League Baseball have a White Sox World Series 7 DVD Box Set releasing this spring. It features all four complete unedited games of the world series victories over the Astros (similar to the one put out last year for Boston). Plus the clinching ALDS game 3 verses the Red Sox, ALCS game 5 verses the Angels. Other material included will be stats, player interviews and post game celebrations. :supernana:

DaveIsHere
01-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Looking forward to this!!

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Great!

buehrle4cy05
I just wanted you guys to be the first to know that A&E Home Video and Major League Baseball have a White Sox World Series 7 DVD Box Set releasing this spring. It features all four complete unedited games of the world series victories over the Astros (similar to the one put out last year for Boston). Plus the clinching ALDS game 3 verses the Red Sox, ALCS game 5 verses the Angels. Other material included will be stats, player interviews and post game celebrations. :supernana:

I knew about the DVD set coming out, but I was under the impression that it was only going to be the World Series games. So the fact that there will be the clinchers of the ALDS and ALCS is great...I wish they had thought to put the Central Divison clincher on there, too.

MUsoxfan
You must either work for A&E, or are soo excited about the new video that you just had to call yourself "New Video".:cool: However, that box set will be in my DVD rack when it becomes available

doublem23
01-04-2006, 06:06 PM
I still want all 12. :cool:

I may just have to bite the bullet and download them from mlb.com.

na_na_na_na
01-04-2006, 06:06 PM
estimated cost?

SouthSide_HitMen
01-04-2006, 06:07 PM
This would be awesome news as I expected a 4 game box set (to add to my other White Sox DVDs including the World Series DVD) and I don't have cable TV (which prevented me from recording the rebroadcast games). The only thing that would make this better is if Rooney and Farmer were dubbed over the ESPN / Fox broadcasts and to have the complete 12 game box set.

Can't wait for spring!

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-04-2006, 06:12 PM
The MSRP on the set is $99.99, but Amazon.com currently has it for pre-order for $62.99, with no tax and free shipping. The DVD is scheduled to come out on the 28th of March, just a few days before opening night. :smile:

Exit_Only
01-04-2006, 06:15 PM
The MSRP on the set is $99.99, but Amazon.com currently has it for pre-order for $62.99, with no tax and free shipping. The DVD is scheduled to come out on the 28th of March, just a few days before opening night. :smile:

Good work CWS1337. :thumbsup:

I want Mags back
01-04-2006, 07:06 PM
new video is gonna have fun being called that for the rest of his life, although look whos talking (man i hate my sn, go to hell Fagglio)

TheDarkGundam
01-04-2006, 07:08 PM
My birthday is in April. Awesome.:cool:

SouthSide_HitMen
01-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Jeff may win it again.

http://www.el-mundo.es/navegante/99/diciembre/20/bezos.jpg

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

7 DVDs = 7 Super Nanas

Elvisfan1977
01-04-2006, 07:36 PM
You must either work for A&E, or are soo excited about the new video that you just had to call yourself "New Video".:cool: However, that box set will be in my DVD rack when it becomes available

That's a safe bet. If not A&E, then maybe the distribution or advertising company. Either way, it don't matter. You can chalk this dvd set up as yet one more White Sox purchase in a string of many, and many more to come.

Roof Shot
01-04-2006, 08:03 PM
I found it at this site a few days ago much cheaper...also free shipping as of right now.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ANE074722 (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ANE074722)

anewman35
01-04-2006, 08:12 PM
I found it at this site a few days ago much cheaper...also free shipping as of right now.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ANE074722 (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ANE074722)

DeepDiscountDVD always has free shipping. Just don't expect it to be fast shipping.

HotelWhiteSox
01-04-2006, 08:20 PM
The only negative I've heard about DeepDiscount is that they take their time with shipping out your order

TomBradley72
01-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Great news....but I wonder why it's such a big deal to add a few more games and have all 11 games the WSox won in the post season part of the set? Games 1 & 2 of the ALDS, and Game 2 of the ALCS were true classics.

thomas35forever
01-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Awesome news! I can't wait for this to come out. The days of having to record memorable playoff games on your VCR will soon be no more.
:supernana:

samram
01-04-2006, 09:56 PM

Good catch. I'll be taking advantage of that.

mike squires
01-04-2006, 11:39 PM
This would be awesome news as I expected a 4 game box set (to add to my other White Sox DVDs including the World Series DVD) and I don't have cable TV (which prevented me from recording the rebroadcast games). The only thing that would make this better is if Rooney and Farmer were dubbed over the ESPN / Fox broadcasts and to have the complete 12 game box set.

Can't wait for spring!

I'd be just as happy if they have a Spanish option on there. I'd much rather hear the game ine Espanol than Buck.

goofymsfan
01-05-2006, 12:06 AM
So let me see if I have this straight. If I ordered it from MLB.com it would be ~$100 plus shipping, from Amazon.com it would be $62.99 and from deepdiscountdvd.com it would be only $41.67.

scottyl
01-05-2006, 12:11 AM
DeepDiscountDVD always has free shipping. Just don't expect it to be fast shipping.

Your experience is different than mine. I've ordered from Deep Discount two or three times -- including the World Series DVD. The World Series one came out Tuesday, and I think I had it by Thursday. I think if you can wait a day or two to get it Deep Discount can save you a lot of money.

HotelWhiteSox
01-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Your experience is different than mine. I've ordered from Deep Discount two or three times -- including the World Series DVD. The World Series one came out Tuesday, and I think I had it by Thursday. I think if you can wait a day or two to get it Deep Discount can save you a lot of money.

I've never ordered from them, but they're based in Illinois, so I guess we have an advantage, but when reading up on them in the past from customer reviews, the general consensus I got was, 'yes, shipping is free, but don't be surprised if you have to wait'. Granted, most of the customers who post their experiences on those sites are the ones with negative experiences. A friend of mine has preordered from them before, and he claims he got it before it was released, so I don't know

SouthSide_HitMen
01-05-2006, 02:17 AM
I'd be just as happy if they have a Spanish option on there. I'd much rather hear the game ine Espanol than Buck.

I didn't hear any broadcast with TV announcers (Game 3 Boston at Monks - couldn't hear the announcers - with WSI fans and the Anaheim and Houston road games via TV mute with Rooney & Farmer on radio). Methinks I will be recording a personal version of the audio radio achieves to play along with my purchased DVDs. From what I have read here and heard from my friends the ESPN and Fox announcers were brutal (shocking).

Nobody does it better

http://www.chicagoist.com/attachments/chicago_benjy/2005_07_sports_rooney_farmer.jpg

Sad we have to hear the rest

http://www.adjab.com/images/2005/06/espn.jpg http://www.deewhyrsl.com.au/images/photos/Logos/Fox%20Sports%20Logo.jpg

TheOldRoman
01-05-2006, 02:31 AM
I didn't hear any broadcast with TV announcers (Game 3 Boston at Monks - couldn't hear the announcers - with WSI fans and the Anaheim and Houston road games via TV mute with Rooney & Farmer on radio). Methinks I will be recording a personal version of the audio radio achieves to play along with my purchased DVDs. From what I have read here and heard from my friends the ESPN and Fox announcers were brutal (shocking).

Nobody does it better

http://www.chicagoist.com/attachments/chicago_benjy/2005_07_sports_rooney_farmer.jpg

Sad we have to hear the rest

http://www.adjab.com/images/2005/06/espn.jpg http://www.deewhyrsl.com.au/images/photos/Logos/Fox%20Sports%20Logo.jpg
Fenway said that the Red Sox box set from last year gave the choice between the Fox feed and the radio feed. I hope it is like that with this set.
I realize there are times it won't sync up, such as when they show Buck and McCarver talking in the booth, or when they show an interview with the Astros' pitching coach in a small box during Crede's homer:D:, but I can live with it.

I am just a little upset that the entire ALCS isn't included like it was for the Red Sox set, but I can live with it. At least they included game 3 of the ALDS. I am going to have to copy that game and only watch the copy. I will watch that 6th inning so many times that the disk will wear out! (yes, I know how long it takes for a disk to wear out).

RadioheadRocks
01-05-2006, 02:44 AM
I also think it would be nice if we had an option to switch Houston pitcher Brandon Backe's wireless microphone off as well. Yes he pitched a great game against Freddy but FOX used FAR too much of his audio ("YEEEEAH! ATTA BOY!!!!") throughout the Series and barely any from Aaron Rowand's wireless mike.

Nellie_Fox
01-05-2006, 02:54 AM
new video is gonna have fun being called that for the rest of his life.I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think we'll ever hear from him/her again.
:spam

SouthSide_HitMen
01-05-2006, 03:01 AM
Fenway said that the Red Sox box set from last year gave the choice between the Fox feed and the radio feed. I hope it is like that with this set.
I realize there are times it won't sync up, such as when they show Buck and McCarver talking in the booth, or when they show an interview with the Astros' pitching coach in a small box during Crede's homer:D:, but I can live with it.

I am just a little upset that the entire ALCS isn't included like it was for the Red Sox set, but I can live with it. At least they included game 3 of the ALDS. I am going to have to copy that game and only watch the copy. I will watch that 6th inning so many times that the disk will wear out! (yes, I know how long it takes for a disk to wear out).

The news keeps getting better. First the increase in disks from 4 to 7 and now a possible radio feed!!!!

2006 has started out awesome!!!

lostletters
01-05-2006, 03:03 AM

Deep Discount DVD ALWAYS has free shipping.
They are also one of the most reliant online retailers I dealt with.

I vouch that they are a good place to buy dvds from, they are not only cheap, but highly recommended. I spent hundreds of dollars at the site.

So this is as good a place as any to buy this.

Irishsoxfan
01-05-2006, 03:06 AM
Are any of these DVD sets available in Region 2 format? If not, my first purchase will have to be a region free player.

DumpJerry
01-05-2006, 08:25 AM
I went to Amazon and wrote the first review of it. Check it out (Robert is the name on the review)!

Baby Fisk
01-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Plus the clinching ALDS game 3 verses the Red Sox

This is very good news.

Shift
01-05-2006, 10:02 AM
I second the 'Brandon Backe muted' option. He was incredibly annoying.

anewman35
01-05-2006, 10:19 AM

I ordered the World Series DVD from DeepDiscountDVD weeks early. It went on backorder, I didn't get it for over a month.

Law11
01-05-2006, 11:30 AM

Cant find it on Amazon, do you have an item number to type in?

moochpuppy
01-05-2006, 11:32 AM
I want a DVD set with every White Sox post season game.

DumpJerry
01-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Cant find it on Amazon, do you have an item number to type in?
Do a search on Amazon in their DVD section with the words "White Sox" It will pop up.
I placed my order with deepdiscountdvd.com, it was a little over $20 less than Amazon.

Law11
01-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Do a search on Amazon in their DVD section with the words "White Sox" It will pop up.
I placed my order with deepdiscountdvd.com, it was a little over $20 less than Amazon.

Found it.. Are we sure this includes the ALDS & ALCS clinchers?

anewman35
01-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Found it.. Are we sure this includes the ALDS & ALCS clinchers?

No, the only mention of that so far was the first post in this thread. The person seems to be involved with it somehow, but you never can tell for sure...

Iwritecode
01-05-2006, 12:11 PM

That's why I bought a DVD recorder when I found out Comcast would be re-airing the games. :cool:

Iwritecode
01-05-2006, 12:14 PM
No, the only mention of that so far was the first post in this thread. The person seems to be involved with it somehow, but you never can tell for sure...

I've never even seen confirmation on the # of discs. I keep hearing 7 though...

goofymsfan
01-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Deep Discount DVD ALWAYS has free shipping.
They are also one of the most reliant online retailers I dealt with.

I vouch that they are a good place to buy dvds from, they are not only cheap, but highly recommended. I spent hundreds of dollars at the site.

So this is as good a place as any to buy this.

I placed my order for the DVD set today! I can't wait 'til it comes.

Lip Man 1
01-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Interesting.

If you look back at the earlier threads on this folks knew it would have the World Series games but many assumed it would include all of the ALCS games.

Guess not.

It is nice that they have game #3 of the ALDS though and hopefully it will without without that assinine 'crawl' that ESPN2 stuck fans with during that game.

I can only assume the reason they didn't do all of the post season games (unlike the Red Sox) is because they didn't think enough would be sold to justify their expense. (I'm assuming they are paying Fox and ESPN something for the right to sell their games.)

Lip

Foulke You
01-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Interesting.

If you look back at the earlier threads on this folks knew it would have the World Series games but many assumed it would include all of the ALCS games.

Guess not.

It is nice that they have game #3 of the ALDS though and hopefully it will without without that assinine 'crawl' that ESPN2 stuck fans with during that game.

I can only assume the reason they didn't do all of the post season games (unlike the Red Sox) is because they didn't think enough would be sold to justify their expense. (I'm assuming they are paying Fox and ESPN something for the right to sell their games.)

Lip
Yeah, that would be my guess about why they didn't include all the playoff games. The extra 5 games would cut into their profit margins and they probably figure the set will sell the same number regardless of whether it is not quite a complete set.

mccoydp
01-05-2006, 01:47 PM
I for one am looking forward to this DVD set...I was looking downloading all of the games from the MLB site, but I don't want to deal with the DRM issues.

Bravo for the Game 3 of the ALDS inclusion...awesome game.

anewman35
01-05-2006, 01:57 PM

Keep in mind that the Red Sox set didn't include all the post season, either. Their set didn't have the ALDS. Personally, I'm not disappointed by what it looks like we're getting, because I'd rather have game 3 of the ALDS than any of the ALCS games. Sure, having them all would be best, but this is better than I was expecting.

Lip Man 1
01-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Anewman:

But they did have all the World Series and ALCS games though didn't they?

I'm not complaining either... to me it's six of one, half dozen of the other. I was just struck by how folks in the earlier thread on this automatically assumed that all of the ALCS games would be on it because the box 'looked' like the Red Sox box.

Appearances can be deceiving.

Lip

moochpuppy
01-05-2006, 02:42 PM
That's why I bought a DVD recorder when I found out Comcast would be re-airing the games. :cool:

Damn Twin Cities market!! :angry:

skobabe8
01-05-2006, 05:33 PM
I think I may wait this one out. I was pretty upset when the World Series film came out and Target had it in stock for $12.99 and I was still waiting for mine from mlb.com for $19.99. (Even though I pre-ordered it)

The Deacon
01-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Anewman:

But they did have all the World Series and ALCS games though didn't they?

I'm not complaining either... to me it's six of one, half dozen of the other. I was just struck by how folks in the earlier thread on this automatically assumed that all of the ALCS games would be on it because the box 'looked' like the Red Sox box.

Appearances can be deceiving.

Lip

Red Sox Box has 11 DVD's. All ALCS (7) and World Series (4)

TheOldRoman
01-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Red Sox Box has 11 DVD's. All ALCS (7) and World Series (4)
12 Total. There was a bonus disk just like there will be for this one.

new video
01-05-2006, 05:42 PM
It is confirmed that there is 7 discs.
All the WS games and the ALDS game 3 and ALCS game 5.

MasQbellesa
01-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I think I may wait this one out. I was pretty upset when the World Series film came out and Target had it in stock for $12.99 and I was still waiting for mine from mlb.com for $19.99. (Even though I pre-ordered it)

Same thing happen to me. I didn't think any local stores would carry it, but Barnes and Noble had it before i did. I'll wait.

Law11
01-06-2006, 12:04 PM

I'm with you. I'll never fully understand why those in the area but this stuff online when it will be in every store in the area at lesser prices and no wait or shipping involved.

Without having the actual specs on what this DVD set includes there's no way I'm buying anything for 60-90.00 before seeing it first hand.

Law11
01-06-2006, 12:06 PM
It is confirmed that there is 7 discs.
All the WS games and the ALDS game 3 and ALCS game 5.

Confimed by what? No offense but I need some proof.
I need to see a decription of the actual set and whats on it.

I'll wait for this to hit Best Buy like the WS DVD did.

Iwritecode
01-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Confimed by what? No offense but I need some proof.
I need to see a decription of the actual set and whats on it.

I'll wait for this to hit Best Buy like the WS DVD did.

It says 7 discs here. (http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000CRR392/702-8794839-1263267)

Law11
01-06-2006, 12:32 PM
It says 7 discs here. (http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000CRR392/702-8794839-1263267)

Thanks, this does help a bit but I'm still gonna wait.

Hangar18
01-06-2006, 12:40 PM
I just wanted you guys to be the first to know that A&E Home Video and Major League Baseball have a White Sox World Series 7 DVD Box Set releasing this spring. It features all four complete unedited games of the world series victories over the Astros (similar to the one put out last year for Boston). Plus the clinching ALDS game 3 verses the Red Sox, ALCS game 5 verses the Angels. Other material included will be stats, player interviews and post game celebrations.

I hear that WS Game 3 is actually 2 discs, since the game was so long .....

I wish all of the games were put on .....ALCS Game2 is an ESPN Classic (though im sure they'll never show it) Heck, all of the games had some kind of "Classic" moment/different hero to it that it just doesnt make sense to put out any less. Garlands gem. Graffs error/Iguchis Homer, Credes Homer, Credes Defense, Credes other homers, the SOX whipping boston game1,

Hitmen77
01-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Keep in mind that the Red Sox set didn't include all the post season, either. Their set didn't have the ALDS. Personally, I'm not disappointed by what it looks like we're getting, because I'd rather have game 3 of the ALDS than any of the ALCS games. Sure, having them all would be best, but this is better than I was expecting.

I don't know - game 2 and game 5 of the ALCS are classics to me.

I'm glad they're putting any of the ALDS and ALCS games in there at all, but why not include all 12 playoff games? Or a separate volume for the ALDS and ALCS if it's not practical to squeeze that many DVDs into the World Series set?

It's not like no one would buy a complete ALCS/ALDS package. The way Sox merchandise has been flying off the shelves this winter, you'd have to think that a set for the AL playoffs would be a big seller too.

RadioheadRocks
01-14-2006, 02:49 AM
I second the 'Brandon Backe muted' option. He was incredibly annoying.

Yep... would have been nice if that option was on the 2005 World Series DVD also! Entirely too much audio from Mr. Backe on OUR DVD... wouldn't you say???

PaleHoseGeorge
01-14-2006, 10:51 AM
7 DVD's? Too skimpy for my needs. I presently have 30 disks in my "Sox Victory!" personal box set, and I still need to finish editing Game 4 of the World Series and the victory parade. It will probably wind up around 34-35 disks.

The Sox will never lose again... at least at my house.
:smile:

WinOrDyeTrying
01-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Im still waiting for my 2002 season box set!

Brian26
01-14-2006, 02:07 PM
The Sox will never lose again... at least at my house.
:smile:

Same here. But I'm left with the quandry of what to do with my VHS copies of the '93 ALCS. Maybe I'll keep Games 3 and 4 and toss the rest :D:

The 2000 ALDS has been gone for quite awhile. Not sure why anyone would ever want to torture themselves by watching that over again, even once.

pinwheels3530
01-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Same here. But I'm left with the quandry of what to do with my VHS copies of the '93 ALCS. Maybe I'll keep Games 3 and 4 and toss the rest :D:

The 2000 ALDS has been gone for quite awhile. Not sure why anyone would ever want to torture themselves by watching that over again, even once.

Re record those old VHS tapes on to a DVD!

Tragg
01-14-2006, 05:15 PM

So do I - but do they exist as a commercial product? Or is it just that 7 DVD set?

CHEESESOXER
01-15-2006, 12:30 PM

Where did you find that price??
Check this out:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000CRR392.01._OU15_PE30_SCTHUMBZZZ_.jpg (http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000CRR392/qid=1137346072/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_0_2/702-0160545-8994432) Chicago White Sox: 2005 World Series [7 Discs] [Collector's Edition] (http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000CRR392/qid=1137346072/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_0_2/702-0160545-8994432)
(March 28, 2006 - DVD)
No customer rating available.
Write the first review of this item. (http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/flex-sign-in/702-0160545-8994432?page=help/ya-sign-in-secure.html&response=tg/detail/customer-review-form/-/dvd/B000CRR392&method=GET/702-0160545-8994432)
Not yet released
List Price: CDN$ 119.99
Our Price: CDN$ 83.99 <<<<<<<<<~~~~~~~~~~?????????
You Save: CDN$ 36.00 (30%)

itsnotrequired
01-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Where did you find that price??
Check this out:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000CRR392.01._OU15_PE30_SCTHUMBZZZ_.jpg (http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000CRR392/qid=1137346072/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_0_2/702-0160545-8994432) Chicago White Sox: 2005 World Series [7 Discs] [Collector's Edition] (http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000CRR392/qid=1137346072/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_0_2/702-0160545-8994432)
(March 28, 2006 - DVD)
No customer rating available.
Write the first review of this item. (http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/flex-sign-in/702-0160545-8994432?page=help/ya-sign-in-secure.html&response=tg/detail/customer-review-form/-/dvd/B000CRR392&method=GET/702-0160545-8994432)
Not yet released
List Price: CDN$ 119.99
Our Price: CDN$ 83.99 <<<<<<<<<~~~~~~~~~~?????????
You Save: CDN$ 36.00 (30%)

You do realize that those prices are in Canadian dollars, don't you?:cool:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRR392/qid=1137346415/sr=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_3/103-5788514-4400613?n=507846&s=dvd&v=glance

davenicholson
01-15-2006, 09:56 PM
You do realize that those prices are in Canadian dollars, don't you?:cool:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRR392/qid=1137346415/sr=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_3/103-5788514-4400613?n=507846&s=dvd&v=glance
Still comes to about US $72.45, which is a bit high, I would guess.

itsnotrequired
01-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Still comes to about US $72.45, which is a bit high, I would guess.

:?:

Where did you get that figure from? Click on the link. It is still $62.99 at Amazon. Since it is over $25, it is eligible for free "Super Saver" shipping so the grand total is still only $62.99.

MSRP is supposedly $89.95 so a $26.96 savings is a pretty sweet deal.

bigsqwert
01-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Are any of these DVD sets available in Region 2 format? If not, my first purchase will have to be a region free player.

Many DVD players can be easily 'hacked' to play all regions.

margiss
01-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Forget Amazon. Get the Sox set at a real discount.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/images/buy.gif (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/cart.cfm?itemid=ANE074722)
FREE SHIPPING!
Release Date: 03/28/06

Why Pay $ 69.95?
Our Price:
$ 41.97
You Save: $ 27.98

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ANE074722

I got turned on to these guys a few years ago from some friends. Always reliable . . . and free shipping. Walk away at $27.98.

margiss
01-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Sorry. Got a bit quick at typing. To correct my post, walk away at $41.97 and save big over Amazon and other outlets.

davenicholson
01-16-2006, 12:46 PM
:?:

Where did you get that figure from? Click on the link. It is still $62.99 at Amazon. Since it is over $25, it is eligible for free "Super Saver" shipping so the grand total is still only $62.99.

MSRP is supposedly $89.95 so a $26.96 savings is a pretty sweet deal.
I just did a $C to $US conversion from the Canadian site.

itsnotrequired
01-16-2006, 12:52 PM
I just did a $C to $US conversion from the Canadian site.

That's what I was guessing but I'm sure Amazon will take the extra $10.46.:redneck

chisoxfanatic
01-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Will places like Grandstand and Chicagoland Best Buys be selling this too?

If so, I'd imagine they'd be charging much less, since there would be no handling charges.

anewman35
01-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Will places like Grandstand and Chicagoland Best Buys be selling this too?

If so, I'd imagine they'd be charging much less, since there would be no handling charges.

I'm sure they'll sell it, but I wouldn't think it would be much less, since both Amazon and DeepDiscount have free shipping, and their prices are usually very competitive. I'll say that I think it very unlikely anybody will beat the DeepDiscount price, especially since they have an MSRP showing $20 cheaper than Amazon's, and that means one of them is wrong. If it's DeepDiscount, I'd expect their price to go up a bunch. For that reason, I got my preorder in now.

tacosalbarojas
01-17-2006, 01:50 PM
I don't know - game 2 and game 5 of the ALCS are classics to me.

I'm glad they're putting any of the ALDS and ALCS games in there at all, but why not include all 12 playoff games? Or a separate volume for the ALDS and ALCS if it's not practical to squeeze that many DVDs into the World Series set?

It's not like no one would buy a complete ALCS/ALDS package. The way Sox merchandise has been flying off the shelves this winter, you'd have to think that a set for the AL playoffs would be a big seller too.Agreed. There's certainly no reason both game two's (ALDS and ALCS) shouldn't be included.

losx22
01-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Sorry if this was already posted but seems like New Video finally put up the DVD info:

DVD Features Include:
2005 World Series Clubhouse Victory Celebration;Official Trophy Presentation; Parade Footage and Player Speeches; Exclusive Interviews: Ozzie Guillen, Paul Konerko, Jermaine Dye, Scott Podsenik, A.J. Pierzynski, Mark Buehrle, Aaron Rowand, Don Cooper, Kenny Williams; Special Game Footage: White Sox Clinching American League Central Division; Final three outs of the 2005 World Series

Link (http://www.newvideo.com/productdetail.html?productid=NV-AAE-74722)

AWhiteSoxWinner
01-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Nice job losx22. Interesting thing written on the box about how the Sox are "the first team in World Series history to win three straight games while taking the lead in the eighth inning or later". That's clutch! I never thought about it like that.:D:

adrockski
01-26-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm sure they'll sell it, but I wouldn't think it would be much less, since both Amazon and DeepDiscount have free shipping, and their prices are usually very competitive. I'll say that I think it very unlikely anybody will beat the DeepDiscount price, especially since they have an MSRP showing $20 cheaper than Amazon's, and that means one of them is wrong. If it's DeepDiscount, I'd expect their price to go up a bunch. For that reason, I got my preorder in now.Nah, their price will stick. I've been buying from them for years because they're almost always the lowest price around. And they're out of Itasca, so if you're in the area, you won't have to wait long (although you will have to pay tax). Sorry if this sounds like I'm cheerleading, but I've just always had good luck with them. :D: