PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Poll

Baby Fisk
01-04-2006, 08:50 AM
What happens today? MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL.

HomeFish
01-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Some Wednesdays have gone inactive, others have seen landmark trades or signings. There must be more than just one pattern at work here.

Anyone have the dates of the Wednesdays on which something important happened recently? Perhaps we can figure it out.

kittle42
01-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Some Wednesdays have gone inactive, others have seen landmark trades or signings. There must be more than just one pattern at work here.

Anyone have the dates of the Wednesdays on which something important happened recently? Perhaps we can figure it out.

Does anyone actually think Williams is making moves on some pattern of Wednesdays and dates? :?:

HomeFish
01-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Does anyone actually think Williams is making moves on some pattern of Wednesdays and dates? :?:

No, but unexpected patterns and coincidences do appear regularly in unplanned ways.

For instance, between 1840 and 1960, every President elected in a year divisible by 20 was either assasinated or died in office from natural causes. Until 2004, every Presidential candidate with a World Series champion (for that year) from his home state won. Every Jack the Ripper murder occured on a crescent moon. Etc.

People don't plan things that way, but patterns do emerge, and they can be fun to detect.

spiffie
01-04-2006, 10:16 AM
I know I voted for "Hangar confronts a female Cubs fan at a baby shower." I can envision some trixie buying the baby a little Cub hat and Hangar proceeding to rip the girl to shreds for being part of the vast conspiracy against the Sox until they drag him out frothing at the mouth.

Or the Sox will trade Contreras for Abreu...one of the two will happen though :wink:

Uncle_Patrick
01-04-2006, 10:20 AM
I know I voted for "Hangar confronts a female Cubs fan at a baby shower." I can envision some trixie buying the baby a little Cub hat and Hangar proceeding to rip the girl to shreds for being part of the vast conspiracy against the Sox until they drag him out frothing at the mouth.

Or the Sox will trade Contreras for Abreu...one of the two will happen though :wink:

I voted for the Hangar choice, too. I can't wait for the"Stupid Cub Fan Moment # 9,001" thread.

zach23
01-04-2006, 10:26 AM

You could then make a nifty chart for it.

DenverSock
01-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Nothing, I need a slow news day.

White Sox Randy
01-04-2006, 11:24 AM
It was hard not vote for Hangar but I said "other".

I predict that Scott Podsednik will be linked to a steriod scandal.

Then, Miguel Tejada will say that he knows nothing about it but admit to giving him some B12.

After that, Lisa Dergan will say that she was blackmailed by Gary Sheffield over some nude pictures.

Lastly, Pods demands a trade but the Sox appease him by offering him a Hawk and DJ bobblehead.

No harm no foul.

fquaye149
01-04-2006, 11:55 AM
No, but unexpected patterns and coincidences do appear regularly in unplanned ways.

For instance, between 1840 and 1960, every President elected in a year divisible by 20 was either assasinated or died in office from natural causes. Until 2004, every Presidential candidate with a World Series champion (for that year) from his home state won. Every Jack the Ripper murder occured on a crescent moon. Etc.

People don't plan things that way, but patterns do emerge, and they can be fun to detect.

12:45, restate my assumptions

1. mathematics is the language of nature
2. everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers
3. if you graph the numbers of any system, patterns will emerge

therefore: there are patterns everywhere in nature

Fuller_Schettman
01-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Larry David and HBO announce that there will in fact be a 6th season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm". The sixth season opener will feature Wanda Sykes introducing Larry to her new friend "Kenny". Kenny and Larry immediately hit it off and go to Arizona to watch his baseball team during spring training. Larry becomes so enthralled by this amazing team, that he and Cheryl (and Jeff and Susie) all pack up and move to Chicago. Larry becomes a constant fixture in the clubhouse, resulting in many choatic and embarassing moments, including when Larry thinks he catches AJ "propositioning" his wife. Special guest Richard Lewis blames Jerry Reinsdorf for the downturn in his career and later gets in a fight with Steve Dahl over something he said on the radio.

Sundays at 9 on HBO.

Baby Fisk
01-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Larry David and HBO announce that there will in fact be a 6th season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm". The sixth season opener will feature Wanda Sykes introducing Larry to her new friend "Kenny". Kenny and Larry immediately hit it off and go to Arizona to watch his baseball team during spring training. Larry becomes so enthralled by this amazing team, that he and Cheryl (and Jeff and Susie) all pack up and move to Chicago. Larry becomes a constant fixture in the clubhouse, resulting in many choatic and embarassing moments, including when Larry thinks he catches AJ "propositioning" his wife. Special guest Richard Lewis blames Jerry Reinsdorf for the downturn in his career and later gets in a fight with Steve Dahl over something he said on the radio.

Sundays at 9 on HBO.
That would be awesome. Jeff Garlin (Larry's lawyer) is a Chicago native. I encountered him on Wabash Street when I was there in October. Of course, it wasn't as exciting as the time I met WhiteSoxWilkes. Now there's some serious star power. :cool:

White Sox Randy
01-04-2006, 12:51 PM
I saw the same promo. And, the one where Ozney Guillen gets Wanda pregnant and boy is Ozzie mad !

Fuller_Schettman
01-04-2006, 12:55 PM
That would be awesome. Jeff Garlin (Larry's lawyer) is a Chicago native. I encountered him on Wabash Street when I was there in October. Of course, it wasn't as exciting as the time I met WhiteSoxWilkes. Now there's some serious star power. :cool:

Wow, that is way cool! I was there at the same time. Wish I woulda been so lucky. Did you get to chat with him?

getonbckthr
01-04-2006, 12:55 PM

Sundays at 9 on HBO.
Should this be tealed, deep pinked or is this legit. I love that show and would probably do a triple sowcow (good ole Lee Corso NCAA fball games) if it were true.

Fuller_Schettman
01-04-2006, 12:59 PM
I saw the same promo. And, the one where Ozney Guillen gets Wanda pregnant and boy is Ozzie mad !

LOL!!!! Yeah and when Krazee-Eyez Killa finds out and gets all up in there! Classic!

Fuller_Schettman
01-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Should this be tealed, deep pinked or is this legit. I love that show and would probably do a triple sowcow (good ole Lee Corso NCAA fball games) if it were true.

Definitely tealed, if I may verbicate (or is it verbify- can I get a ruling kittle42?) what is normally an adjective.

getonbckthr
01-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Definitely tealed, if I may verbicate (or is it verbify- can I get a ruling kittle42?) what is normally an adjective.

:whiner: :whiner:

Baby Fisk
01-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Wow, that is way cool! I was there at the same time. Wish I woulda been so lucky. Did you get to chat with him?
Meeting Wilkes was awesome. He made to shake my hand, then he sucker punched me with his left, pushed me to the ground and took my wallet, but he let me keep my Canadian coins. Not many a man would be that considerate.

Uncle_Patrick
01-04-2006, 01:08 PM

FYI - Jeff Garlin is a big time Cubs fan. During the playoffs, he gave the "But I'm don't hate the White Sox" party line that was coming from most Cubs fan celebs.

Fuller_Schettman
01-04-2006, 01:08 PM

My personal favourite has to be the episode when Javier "Mr. Superstitious" Vazquez has a housewarming party at the All-Star Break and Larry shows up and is the only guest who refuses to adhere to Javier's rule of "No Shoes een dee 'owse- ees bodd look!" and people keep looking at him in horror when they see him wearing his shoes inside. Then, the next day Vazquez gets traded to Tampa Bay and goes after Larry with a 5-wood! Good times!!

Baby Fisk
01-04-2006, 01:10 PM
FYI - Jeff Garlin is a big time Cubs fan. During the playoffs, he gave the "But I'm don't hate the White Sox" party line that was coming from most Cubs fan celebs.
So then he and Larry could get into roaring arguments about Sox vs Cubs.

Uncle_Patrick
01-04-2006, 01:11 PM
So then he and Larry could get into roaring arguments about Sox vs Cubs.

That would be good TV!

Fuller_Schettman
01-04-2006, 01:13 PM
That would be good TV!

Especially if Susie is involved!

"**** you Larry! **** you and your ****ing Sox!"

Fuller_Schettman
01-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Meeting Wilkes was awesome. He made to shake my hand, then he sucker punched me with his left, pushed me to the ground and took my wallet, but he let me keep my Canadian coins. Not many a man would be that considerate.

Wow, that is truly amazing. Thankfully, there were no roundhouse kicks to the face.

Begin now the thread "How whitesoxwilkes and Chuck Norris are similar"

Jjav829
01-04-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm gonna guess KW signs one of our players to an extension. No one major. Somebody like Mackowiak. :cool:

Fuller_Schettman
01-04-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm gonna guess KW signs one of our players to an extension. No one major. Somebody like Mackowiak. :cool:

Wow! You must have ESPN!!! :cool:

Baby Fisk
01-04-2006, 01:33 PM
There's still time for other options. Does anyone know Hangar's plans for this evening?

Fuller_Schettman
01-04-2006, 01:39 PM
There's still time for other options. Does anyone know Hangar's plans for this evening?

I dunno, but I have heard from "several sources" that KW slept until about 8:45am this morning. Not too terribly late to be considered "sleeping in", but definitely no early riser...

TheDarkGundam
01-04-2006, 02:41 PM

I'm gonna put my money on that one. I voted for someone quotes the Simpsons though.
"I call the big one bitey."
:D:

fquaye149
01-04-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm gonna put my money on that one. I voted for someone quotes the Simpsons though.
"I call the big one bitey."
:D:

Is there a chance the track could bend?

Hitmen77
01-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Is there a chance the track could bend?

"The ring came off my pudding can!" :tongue: