PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod will play for USA in WBC

WhiteSoxFan84
01-04-2006, 09:04 AM
According to the New York Times, Alex Rodriguez has changed his mind and will play for the United States in the World Baseball Classic.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/2003/photos2005/0705/a_rodriguez_alex_vt.jpg
He was looking up at the US flag all along, we just couldn't put the pieces together.

A-Rod is the man. Plain and simple. Let the ripping begin..... lol

Deuce
01-04-2006, 09:20 AM
"Alex Rodriguez is from New York. He has a USA passport!" - Ozzie Guillen

1951Campbell
01-04-2006, 09:25 AM
According to the New York Times, Alex Rodriguez has changed his mind and will play for the United States in the World Baseball Classic.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/2003/photos2005/0705/a_rodriguez_alex_vt.jpg
He was looking up at the US flag all along, we just couldn't put the pieces together.

A-Rod is the man. Plain and simple. Let the ripping begin..... lol

Can I rip the WBC?

WhiteSoxFan84
01-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Can I rip the WBC?

I just looked at the rosters. Does "Unaffiliated" plan to have Marco Scutaro field all 9 positions at once? But seriously, they need to get this thing fully set-up already.

elrod
01-04-2006, 09:52 AM
I can understand Italy fielding a team of Italian Americans because there are no Italian ballplayers of Major League caliber. Nobody would suggest that Frank Catalanotto or Mike Piazza are doubtful about their national loyalties, even though they've decided to play for their heritage over their own nation. Who else would play for Italy? But the Dominican Republican is arguably the strongest baseball powerhouse in the world. What do they need a son of emigres for? They don't. A-Rod should play for the country of his birth and citizenship because the team of his heritage is strong enough as is.

Flight #24
01-04-2006, 10:03 AM

At least until someone in the Dominican writes about how he's turned his back on his heritage, at which point he'll waffle again.......I can't imagine how this guy ever gets past breakfast......

waiter- Mr Rodriguez, what would you like to eat?
ARod- I'll have cereal with milk

waiter - The bagels are fresh, I recommend them
ARod- Oh, OK, I'll have a bagel
(opens paper, reads about dairy farmers)

ARod - Hmmm.....I don't want to offend them. Maybe I'd better have the cereal with milk

waiter- But sir, the bagels are excellent
ARod- Oh right, I'll.....no wait......I'll.................(breaks down crying)

palehozenychicty
01-04-2006, 02:00 PM
:roflmao: At least until someone in the Dominican writes about how he's turned his back on his heritage, at which point he'll waffle again.......I can't imagine how this guy ever gets past breakfast......

waiter- Mr Rodriguez, what would you like to eat?
ARod- I'll have cereal with milk

waiter - The bagels are fresh, I recommend them
ARod- Oh, OK, I'll have a bagel
(opens paper, reads about dairy farmers)

ARod - Hmmm.....I don't want to offend them. Maybe I'd better have the cereal with milk

waiter- But sir, the bagels are excellent
ARod- Oh right, I'll.....no wait......I'll.................(breaks down crying)

:roflmao: