PDA

View Full Version : MLB.TV Season Archive

roylestillman
01-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Does anybody know how long mlb.tv is going to keep all of the 2005 games available on the archive? Its great to just pick a game at random play it back.

Jjav829
01-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Does anybody know how long mlb.tv is going to keep all of the 2005 games available on the archive? Its great to just pick a game at random play it back.

They keep the games up for a while. You can still go back and watch games from 2004. I agree with your last sentence. It's great to be able to just throw on a game at random when you are going through withdrawl. It's a nice buy.

Dolly
01-04-2006, 02:49 PM
They keep the games up for a while. You can still go back and watch games from 2004. I agree with your last sentence. It's great to be able to just throw on a game at random when you are going through withdrawl. It's a nice buy.I didn't even know you could do that! How much does it cost and how do you get it?

downstairs
01-04-2006, 03:05 PM
I didn't even know you could do that! How much does it cost and how do you get it?

$9.95 (one-time fee).

I just got it.

Just go to the White Sox multimedia secton. From there go into the season and try to watch a full game (not highlights). It'll prompt you that you need to log in, with a link to purchase...

(I am sure there is an easier way... but this is how I remember to get there).

Its well worth the $10...

SouthSide_HitMen
01-04-2006, 03:35 PM
I've bought the full season audio for the past 4 or 5 seasons and the previous season achieves stay up until the beginning of the following year (meaning 2005 achieves should be in place through Opening Day 2007). This costs $14.95 per season (up from $9.95 two years ago) and is a great deal. You can listen to all 30 MLB team broadcasts and there are no blackouts.

I also bought the video from June forward last season (once I upgraded to DSL which is the minimum connection needed for video). The one thing bad about this package is White Sox games are blacked out in the Chicagao area. I think this package costs $99 for the full season (the June through the end of the season cost me $49 and was a good deal). Local games are blacked out based on where your connection is so if you are on the road you can log in and pick up White Sox games. Blacked out games are achieved and available an hour or two after the game is over.

The one thing to be careful of is you are automatically renewed the following season unless you cancel before opening day.

You can also sign up for the full package which gives you audio and video (subject to blackout) games and achieves as well as access to condensed games and "baseballs best" game achieves (past World Series, playoffs and memorable regular season games) which costs $149 per season.

Prices for next year are not up yet so they may be increased for 2006.

Dolly
01-04-2006, 03:52 PM
That's awesome!!! Thanks for the info, guys!!! :D:

ssirish317
01-04-2006, 06:45 PM
$9.95 (one-time fee).

I just got it.

Just go to the White Sox multimedia secton. From there go into the season and try to watch a full game (not highlights). It'll prompt you that you need to log in, with a link to purchase...

(I am sure there is an easier way... but this is how I remember to get there).

Its well worth the $10...

Are you able to save the games to your hard drive and then burn them to dvd, or do you have to buy them individually for $3.99 each to do that????

SouthSide_HitMen
01-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Are you able to save the games to your hard drive and then burn them to dvd, or do you have to buy them individually for $3.99 each to do that????

My understanding is you cannot burn either the achieves or the $3.99 purchase to a DVD. When you pay the $3.99 you will have "permanent" access to the game by logging in to MLB.com on up to 3 PCs.

I called MLB.com and asked as I wanted to legally purchase / save the games. You are blocked from burning the DVDs (legally and I wouldn't get into any illegal activity on this site) and the only DVDs available for purchase are select games offered on the MLB.com website along with MLB partners. Also the $3.99 downloads will not play on a TV DVD player - the picture will be distorted. These games can only be viewed via a PC media player (Windows, Real, etc.).

It would be great to be able to purchase the rights to download / burn copies of games at a price that makes sense (say for instance your sons first MLB game or a special game you went to, etc.) but currently this is not an option. :(: