PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Club

Palehose13
01-03-2006, 04:51 PM
I was thinking about getting the stadium club membership this season, but just realized that it isn't offered to split season ticket holders. I thought that it was last year. Am I imagining things? Anyways... :(: I would have liked to get the membership. I guess the Sox don't need any more of my...um, citibank's money.

chisoxmike
01-03-2006, 04:55 PM
You're right PH13. That option was taken away from us. :(:

But, I was told that if you have some special event going on and you'd like to get into the stadium club on a night that is slow, you may be able to call in advance and ask them and tell them why you want a reservation for a table. If they have open tables they MAY take you down for a reservation if its slow.

CHIsoxNation
01-03-2006, 04:55 PM
I was thinking about getting the stadium club membership this season, but just realized that it isn't offered to split season ticket holders. I thought that it was last year. Am I imagining things? Anyways... :(: I would have liked to get the membership. I guess the Sox don't need any more of my...um, citibank's money.

I'm pretty sure it was offered last year too. But I thought someone told me that if you had split season last year and purchased stadium club that they would offer it to you again this year if you purchases a split season package again. But if you are buying a split season for the first time or stadium club for the first time then no dice.

I could be completely wrong too. :redface:

DumpJerry
01-03-2006, 05:01 PM
You're right PH13. That option was taken away from us. :(:

But, I was told that if you have some special event going on and you'd like to get into the stadium club on a night that is slow, you may be able to call in advance and ask them and tell them why you want a reservation for a table. If they have open tables they MAY take you down for a reservation if its slow.
Bad news Mike: No slow nights in 2006 unless the Sox are on the road.:D:

chisoxmike
01-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Bad news Mike: No slow nights in 2006 unless the Sox are on the road.:D:

This is true.

Sox35th
01-03-2006, 05:08 PM
I know that they did offer it to 27-games holders back in Nov (at a cost of $400 per seat) when I ordered for my tickets. But, then for some reason around early Dec. they stop selling them to 27-games ticket holders and took it off the website.

Ol' No. 2
01-03-2006, 05:22 PM
I think it's an issue of space. Even last year it got pretty crowded there on weekends. There were more than a few days when there wasn't a table to be had. They can't just sell hundreds of new memberships. If it gets any worse, I'll probably cancel mine.

Palehose13
01-03-2006, 05:24 PM
I think it's an issue of space. Even last year it got pretty crowded there on weekends. There were more than a few days when there wasn't a table to be had. They can't just sell hundreds of new memberships. If it gets any worse, I'll probably cancel mine.

I have the Hit and Run package (weekdays) so weekends wouldn't be an issue with me. Ah well, I do remember that it was offered in November for us(split season)too, I guess I should have jumped on it then. Maybe I should drop Brooks an e-mail about this.

Jerko
01-03-2006, 05:42 PM
My buddy finally broke down and got the weekend ST plan, and he was told no dice for the stadium club. He asked the rep if I was going to be able to keep my existing membership even though I only have a 27 game plan, and they told him yes. So, unless anything has changed since then, new split ST holders are being told no, but new Full season holders can join. And it went from 800 to 1000 bucks too IIRC, and I think the split season went from 400 to 600.

INSox56
01-03-2006, 07:56 PM
I know that they did offer it to 27-games holders back in Nov (at a cost of $400 per seat) when I ordered for my tickets. But, then for some reason around early Dec. they stop selling them to 27-games ticket holders and took it off the website.

I second that. It WAS available back around then. I got my ST in Oct was given the option.

soxgirl617
01-04-2006, 08:16 AM
One option is to buy your seats in the club level (if there are any still available). With the amentities on the club level, you don't need the Stadium Club. Although the club seats are more expensive on a per-ticket basis, the cost is just about even when you don't need to pay for the Stadium Club.

voodoochile
01-04-2006, 09:16 AM

With the number of full season ticket packages sold, I imagine they are trying to make sure they can accomodate all of those folks first. There is a limited seating capacity to the club and they surely don't want to tick off a lot of people.

I've never been to the club. I am wondering what the capacity is like. Do they have to turn people away on a regular basis or do they just pile them around the bar area if the tables are all taken ala the patio bar?

Ol' No. 2
01-04-2006, 09:22 AM
With the number of full season ticket packages sold, I imagine they are trying to make sure they can accomodate all of those folks first. There is a limited seating capacity to the club and they surely don't want to tick off a lot of people.

I've never been to the club. I am wondering what the capacity is like. Do they have to turn people away on a regular basis or do they just pile them around the bar area if the tables are all taken ala the patio bar?Weekdays aren't too bad but weekends can get pretty crowded. They don't turn people away except in the most extreme cases when demand is very high (rain delays or very cold days), but there were a lot of times when I couldn't find a table or seat anywhere, and there's not a lot of room around the bar. Besides, most people that go there get something to eat, too, so standing around isn't very conducive.

I'm sure capacity is the main reason for limiting memberships. They could probably justify an expansion to twice the size, but I don't know where they'd go.

Tekijawa
01-04-2006, 09:24 AM
I inquired about the SC with my guy Greg back in when I purchased my split season Tickets. He said that in past years they were available to Split ST holders. He said this year I might not be able to get them because they are offered to the Full Season ticket holders first and there are a limited number of spots available. The SC is also run separate from the the ticket side so he said that he wasn't exactly sure when the final decision would be made, I assume that if they've taken the option off the website that they are either full or very close to being full, I would fire off at least an email to express interest to your ticket rep just incase.

dllrbll7
01-09-2006, 08:44 PM
I inquired about the SC with my guy Greg back in when I purchased my split season Tickets. He said that in past years they were available to Split ST holders. He said this year I might not be able to get them because they are offered to the Full Season ticket holders first and there are a limited number of spots available. The SC is also run separate from the the ticket side so he said that he wasn't exactly sure when the final decision would be made, I assume that if they've taken the option off the website that they are either full or very close to being full, I would fire off at least an email to express interest to your ticket rep just incase.

Do people ever sell daily passes on ebay? I am trying to decide if I want to put up another $1000...

Blob
01-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Do people ever sell daily passes on ebay? I am trying to decide if I want to put up another $1000...

Yes. They also sell them on stubhub.

dllrbll7
01-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Yes. They also sell them on stubhub.

What type of price do they go for???