PDA

View Full Version : Things to do before Spring Training starts?

SOecks
01-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Since we're at about 95 days until pitchers and catchers report, what are some of the things you can reccomend to do until the 2006 year begins? Be realistic or creative, whatever is entertaining or funny. The Bears are good and I hope they win it all, but I need my baseball fix. Football just isn't the same. No need to mention the travesty that is the Bulls. Thoughts?

dcb56
01-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Since we're at about 95 days until pitchers and catchers report, what are some of the things you can reccomend to do until the 2006 year begins? Be realistic or creative, whatever is entertaining or funny. The Bears are good and I hope they win it all, but I need my baseball fix. Football just isn't the same. No need to mention the travesty that is the Bulls. Thoughts?

Pitchers and catchers actually report 45 days from now on Feb. 16. Baseball will be back soon!

SOecks
01-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Ha, too drinky I guess. 45 days is still waaaaay too long to wait, but a bit more manageable I guess.:gulp:

LuvSox
01-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Ha, too drinky I guess. :gulp:

Don't be so hard on yourself. :D:

Chisox003
01-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Geez, 95 days?!?

It's less than that 'til Opening Day, don't push ST back any further! :wink:

For me, I need to have a good start to my 2nd semester in college, because once March hits, White Sox baseball will be taking over. Since October almost killed me in semester numero uno, I don't want to be scrambling/cramming at the end of this one, too.

So here's to a month and a half of hitting the books :gulp:

mike squires
01-03-2006, 01:12 AM
I love threads like these. For me, I'll be doing what I always do, even during the actual season...work, working out, being a Dad on my off days (well full time, but you know what I mean.) reading my magazines on the throne (men's health, men's fitness, ESPN, Rolling Stone and guitar world) strumming the 6 string and cheering on the Hoosiers.

ChiSoxGirl
01-03-2006, 01:14 AM
Finish the SOX WORLD SERIES scrapbook I started before Thanksgiving. Good news- it should be finished by tomorrow night and looks absolutely awesome! Bad news- what will I do after that?! I guess look forward to SoxFest will be next on the agenda! :bandance:

chisoxmike
01-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Today's magic number: 90 - days until Opening Day.

This calls for a celebration :bandance: :bandance: :gulp: :gulp: :bandance: :bandance:

JohnBasedowYoda
01-03-2006, 01:33 AM
you can go on a bender. time will fly and you'll prolly lose your job. that means you'll have plenty of time to watch games and chat

TheKittle
01-03-2006, 03:41 AM
Let's see what can I do until spring training starts:

Watch the Bears lose.

Hear about how great Reggie Bush is going to be in the NFL.

Listen to Dickie V talk about JJ Reddick as if he's some basketball god.

Post sarcastic messages in colors close to teal so that the teal police will be called.

Get grammar and spelling lessons from people who have no life.

Read posts by some of the most negetive so called White Sox fans on WSI.

How's that for a list?

Chisox003
01-03-2006, 04:06 AM
Let's see what can I do until spring training starts:

Watch the Bears lose.

Hear about how great Reggie Bush is going to be in the NFL.

Listen to Dickie V talk about JJ Reddick as if he's some basketball god.

Post sarcastic messages in colors close to teal so that the teal police will be called.

Get grammar and spelling lessons from people who have no life.

Read posts by some of the most negetive so called White Sox fans on WSI.

How's that for a list?
Well.....um

You kind of sucked the fun out of this, ya?

:?:

ChiSoxLifer
01-03-2006, 04:09 AM
I guess you can do what I do. I read every sports website and browse for any White Sox related article. Log on to WSI and post a few comments. Head to the gym and exercise while wearing my White Sox World Series cap. Go home, have dinner, make love to my fiance, and go to sleep wearing my White Sox jersey. Repeat everyday until spring training. Did I leave out anything?

dcoroni
01-03-2006, 05:28 AM
Get my tickets to Arizona for spring training!

soxfanreggie
01-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Watch all 86,000 College Bowl games...

See what player "King George" can sign for $10+ million or trade the non-existant farm for, who will ultimately do no good for them and then just sit on the bench finishing out the last 7 years of an 8 year $120 million contract :tongue:

Collect White Sox autographs and be happy that for the most part, they're the autographs of the 2005 World Champions and hopefully the 2006 World Champions as well :D:

Chicken Dinner
01-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Go to Vegas and put 5 large down on the Sox to win the series again.

chisoxmike
01-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Go to Vegas and put 5 large down on the Sox to win the series again.

I was in Vegas in May and was about to put $20 on the Sox winning the World Series, odds were 60/1. Damn.