PDA

View Full Version : Irritating Cub fan moment

DumpJerry
01-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Hi everyone, just got back from a New Year's trip to Traverse City, Michigan with my ski club. Had an experience on the first night there (Friday) that I wanted to share.

Some of my friends and I went to a bar/restaurant to get some dinner. While waiting to get seated, I noticed a guy in a Flubs shirt at the bar. I, of course, was wearing a Sox shirt. He was busy talking with his friends and did not see my shirt since I had my jacket on over it. I was going to ignore the poor fool since the Blue Team no longer has any relevance to me.

The Cub fan was talking loudly with two others at the bar about his experiences with LSD and magic mushrooms (that probably explains a lot). I was laughing with one of my friends (Soxstarter here on WSI) about this guy's advocacy of mind altering drugs and his baseball allegiance and how the two are related.

When we got seated, Soxstarter complimented me on my restraint given "the comment he made when we walked by." I told her I did not hear him and she told me said that "having a bad mushroom is liking being a Sox fan." I had to be held down by everyone (10 people) at my table. When the loser went to the bathroom, he had to walk past my table. I sat back fully exposing my Sox shirt and made (non threatening) eye contact with him. He looked at me like he knew I had the upperhand. On his way back from the bathroom, he looked back over his shoulder at me as if he thought I would say something to him.

My friends were afraid I would get in the guy's face and let him have it, but I kept saying "all I have to say to him 'we swept the World Series'" They understood nothing else matters.

Happy new year everyone!

SOecks
01-02-2006, 08:24 PM
The sad thing is that there are quite a few who STILL don't know or admit that nothing else matters. Poor pathetic guy just doesn't understand that jealousy will get him nowhere.

John Barrett
01-02-2006, 08:28 PM
That dude gives shrooms and LSD a bad name!

dividedsk717
01-02-2006, 08:37 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me at the Colts/Cardinals game yesterday.

Long story short: two college age gals are sitting behind me at the game; I take off my Colts jersey to put on my sweatshirt before I leave (late 4th quarter). I'm wearing my Garcia #34 t-shirt underneath my Colts jersey ... drunk guy (who I know) tells me to take it off, I remind him about the World Series and we all have a laugh. College girl #1 says "hey, my friend's a Cub fan" ... Cub fan girl says something like "I hate all White Sox fans, they're f-ing white trash" and gives me a dirty look ... I remind her as to what happened in October as well, she mutters something else, gives me another dirty look, folds her arms and gets real quiet. She continued to mutter for another 60 seconds and didn't cheer for the rest of the game until the final play.

Since I live in south central Indiana, those Cub fans being pissed moments are few and far between ... this was my first since the World Series, so I sort of cherrished it in a sick kind of way. :D:

I love holding the ultimate trump card over their heads!

WinOrDyeTrying
01-02-2006, 11:19 PM
I was sporting my new desktop image, courtesies of WSI, the other day. A Cub fan looks at it and said, with the tone that sounded like he was giving a eulogy, that "The funny thing is, when the White Sox won the World Series, nobody in Chicago cared". I pointed out the 1 million + people who showed up at the rally. Then I pointed out that he was in Virginia at the time, so he wouldn't know anyways. He had nothing to say.

MarySwiss
01-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Ya know, it's weird, but I kind of miss having the opportunity to rag on Flubs fans also. I wear my Sox stuff everywhere and not one person has said anything derogatory to me. Of course, that could be because I'm so large and intimidating.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm even thinking of going to the Sox/Cubs game at HoHoKam dressed in full Sox attire, just to get on their nerves. :D:

JoeyCora28
01-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Ya know, it's weird, but I kind of miss having the opportunity to rag on Flubs fans also. I wear my Sox stuff everywhere and not one person has said anything derogatory to me. Of course, that could be because I'm so large and intimidating.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm even thinking of going to the Sox/Cubs game at HoHoKam dressed in full Sox attire, just to get on their nerves. :D:

:woo-woo

See you, woo, there, woo!

(Just kidding around!!) :tongue:

seanpmurphy
01-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Cub fan girl says something like "I hate all White Sox fans, they're f-ing white trash" and gives me a dirty look ... I remind her as to what happened in October as well, she mutters something else, gives me another dirty look, folds her arms and gets real quiet. She continued to mutter for another 60 seconds and didn't cheer for the rest of the game until the final play.

I wonder how these kids were raised, seriously. It's baseball. If you want to snub another team ok, that's fine, but to say stuff like that, and who knows what she was thinking and not saying, is well, pretty pathetic. I mean I'm sure there are jerkoff Sox fans in the world too, but how come it seems like that its usually Cubs fans (especially females too) exhibiting this kind of behavior? White trash? Is she now implying that a racially diverse baseball team only has white (and trashy on top of that) fans?

This goes beyond baseball, that girl's a straight up idiot and not worth anything. Blah:whatever:

DumpJerry
01-03-2006, 10:49 AM
I wonder how these kids were raised, seriously. It's baseball. If you want to snub another team ok, that's fine, but to say stuff like that, and who knows what she was thinking and not saying, is well, pretty pathetic. I mean I'm sure there are jerkoff Sox fans in the world too, but how come it seems like that its usually Cubs fans (especially females too) exhibiting this kind of behavior? White trash? Is she now implying that a racially diverse baseball team only has white (and trashy on top of that) fans?

This goes beyond baseball, that girl's a straight up idiot and not worth anything. Blah:whatever:
I place a curse on people who are that quick to generalize. The curse? "Your children will have the Terrible Twos until they are 10 years old." Trust me, fingernails on a blackboard are a welcome relief.:smile:

Phil A. Show
01-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Fighting because someone dissed your team or because he wore the wrong "colors" ?? Reminds me of high school.