PDA

View Full Version : David Wells back in the Bronx

Jerry_Manuel
12-28-2001, 10:50 PM
Report: Wells back in pin stripes (http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/1228/1302463.html)

This came out of left field!

FarWestChicago
12-28-2001, 10:55 PM
I'm stunned!

Chisox_cali
12-28-2001, 10:58 PM
I posted that 2 minutes before you! OH WAIT I DID! :angry: :smile:

Daver
12-28-2001, 11:14 PM
DAMN! Screwed by the odds again.

Hope he fails his physical.

Viva Magglio
12-28-2001, 11:20 PM
http://images.radcity.net/5208/28643.jpg
That fat piece of crap won't win five games.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-28-2001, 11:28 PM
It was inevitable Boomer would land in New York after KW did the deal to get Ritchie.

I guess I believe Buehrle when he says Boomer helped him become a great pitcher. Are we better off now that he is gone? We won't have to wait long to find out.

Daver
12-28-2001, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
It was inevitable Boomer would land in New York after KW did the deal to get Ritchie.

I guess I believe Buehrle when he says Boomer helped him become a great pitcher. Are we better off now that he is gone? We won't have to wait long to find out.

I'll give the nod to Herm Schneider,if there was no interest in Wells from Sox mangement he would know why.

Jerry_Manuel
12-29-2001, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by daver
DAMN! Screwed by the odds again.

Hope he fails his physical.

I'd hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Now all we need is for BMR to come in here and say the deal is official.

cheeses_h_rice
12-29-2001, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I'd hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Now all we need is for BMR to come in here and say the deal is official.

Jerry, were you honestly predicting before that Wells would go back to the Yanks, even after the deal with Arizona was announced?

I don't remember a thread like this -- where was this being discussed?

I'm honestly stunned that he screwed AZ so hard.

Jerry_Manuel
12-29-2001, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Jerry, were you honestly predicting before that Wells would go back to the Yanks, even after the deal with Arizona was announced?

I don't remember a thread like this -- where was this being discussed?

I'm honestly stunned that he screwed AZ so hard.

From the reports I have heard he has has lost up to 30 pounds and is in good shape. We're getting screwed here not Arizona.

I was talking to Daver about it two days ago and he was confident that Wells would end up with Arizona.

Here is the thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6436&pagenumber=2)

czalgosz
12-29-2001, 03:32 PM
I'm amazed that the Sox offered him nothing. They just cut him loose without so much as a look back. It's not like the Sox so stacked at pitching that they couldn't use Wells on the team.

:KW

what are you talking about? We have so much pitching I just traded 3 for 1! We need to clear out some of that clutter we have.

:thegreat

Labrum's feelin' great, Kenny!

:ginter

I think I showed how much I deserve a roster spot...

SOXSINCE'70
12-29-2001, 08:54 PM
So now the overweight piece of s*** decides to lose 30 lbs??

Where was this dedication when you were with the WHITE SOX?!?!?!

Hope you lose 20 and stay on the DL all year.Sure Joe Torre is thrilled about this,huh??I'm amazed Rocker didn't go to the Yankees in a trade.Ditto Carl Everett.

duke of dorwood
12-31-2001, 12:20 PM
Thats where he ALWAYS wanted to be. Never hedged on that. So he lost the weight to impress them. Maybe THEY insist on being in shape. Guys, he aint that good no more. Look at his lifetime record. No extended greatness. It's not like we gave up Greg Maddux, right Flub fans?

:hurt

His mouth was always in shape

Iguana775
12-31-2001, 02:46 PM
i think their payroll just past the national debt...