PDA

View Full Version : South Florida Sox fan's?

cws05champ
01-02-2006, 06:04 PM
I live down here in South Florida(east coast) just North of Ft Lauderdale, any other Sox fans down in this area that know a good bar that any of us can gather at for major Sox games?

One of the best moments I had this year was watching the White Sox sweep the Red sox in game 3 of the ALDS at a bar in Delray beach called "Bostons". Obviously by the name, a huge Redsox bar, me and a buddy walked in wearing full White sox gear and got the typical bad looks and jeers. We celebrated after El Duque got out of the 6th inning and celebrated again after the final out.

I'd like to find a legion of Sox fans down here so we can lay claim to a bar and call it a WhiteSox bar! :gulp:

ilsox7
01-02-2006, 06:05 PM
I live down here in South Florida(east coast) just North of Ft Lauderdale, any other Sox fans down in this area that know a good bar that any of us can gather at for major Sox games?

One of the best moments I had this year was watching the White Sox sweep the Red sox in game 3 of the ALDS at a bar in Delray beach called "Bostons". Obviously by the name, a huge Redsox bar, me and a buddy walked in wearing full White sox gear and got the typical bad looks and jeers. We celebrated after El Duque got out of the 6th inning and celebrated again after the final out.

I'd like to find a legion of Sox fans down here so we can lay claim to a bar and call it a WhiteSox bar! :gulp:

I am pretty certain I've actually been to that bar on a business trip. Sports bar with a lot of Patriots stuff up?

cws05champ
01-02-2006, 06:18 PM
I am pretty certain I've actually been to that bar on a business trip. Sports bar with a lot of Patriots stuff up?

Yep...lots of Pats and RedSox stuff right on A1a on the Beach.

ilsox7
01-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Yep...lots of Pats and RedSox stuff right on A1a on the Beach.

Yep, been there. There is also a restaurant either right next door or real close that sells Cubans.

Fenway
01-02-2006, 06:28 PM
place is infamous

http://www.bostonsonthebeach.com./index_bob.php

suggestion for the board

compile a list of all known White Sox friendly bars and do a list similar to this

http://www.redsoxconnection.com/fans/hangouts.html

believe me I never would have guessed that a bar called Connecticut Yankee in San Francisco would be a Red Sox bar :tongue:

whitesoxwilkes
01-02-2006, 06:36 PM
place is infamous

http://www.bostonsonthebeach.com./index_bob.php

suggestion for the board

compile a list of all known White Sox friendly bars and do a list similar to this

http://www.redsoxconnection.com/fans/hangouts.html

believe me I never would have guessed that a bar called Connecticut Yankee in San Francisco would be a Red Sox bar :tongue:

I'm going to make this my mission.

WSIers who are OUTSIDE the Chicagoland area (this means no 312,773, 708,815,630 or 219ers)...PM me with your bar of choice and where it's located.

I'll get this done sometime in the next few weeks.

cws05champ
01-02-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm going to make this my mission.

WSIers who are OUTSIDE the Chicagoland area (this means no 312,773, 708,815,630 or 219ers)...PM me with your bar of choice and where it's located.

I'll get this done sometime in the next few weeks.

Thanks, just PM'ed you. It would be cool based on peoples profile(maybe by Zipcode) you could see what members maybe in your area and you could send a message to those people. (Not in a stalker kind of way)

Frankly Missing
01-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Currently in Naples FL. 30 miles from Red Sox spring training camp in Fort Myers.

The ALDS was so sweet, the Red Sox fans here thought they would kick the White Sox to the curb.

When El Duque twisted the knife, I thought I had died and went to heaven.

FloridaSox
01-02-2006, 07:21 PM
[quote=cws05champ]I live down here in South Florida(east coast) just North of Ft Lauderdale, any other Sox fans down in this area that know a good bar that any of us can gather at for major Sox games?

I live in Coconut Creek, not far from Delray. I do not know any Sox bars but would love to get together with other Sox fans.

MiamiSpartan
01-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Cutler Bay here. I think there's a Chicago bar and restaurant on A1A in Hollywood, called Capones or something like that....Lots of Chicago sports stuff in the windows..

cubhater
01-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Cutler Bay here. I think there's a Chicago bar and restaurant on A1A in Hollywood, called Capones or something like that....Lots of Chicago sports stuff in the windows..

I mentioned that place in a similar thread awhile ago. I believe it's actally called Capone's Flicker Lite or something like that. It's been almost 15 years since I've been there and have no idea if it still exists.

MiamiSpartan
01-03-2006, 10:36 AM
I knew I had read this somewhere before....It was there about two years ago, which was the last time I was up in that area....

cws05champ
01-04-2006, 03:28 PM
I mentioned that place in a similar thread awhile ago. I believe it's actally called Capone's Flicker Lite or something like that. It's been almost 15 years since I've been there and have no idea if it still exists.

It's more of a Bears & Cubs bar as far as I know...

cubhater
01-04-2006, 06:42 PM
It's more of a Bears & Cubs bar as far as I know...

...and was a popular hangout for for Bull's games just before their dynasty years. It was rough trying to get a Blackawks game on satellite if it conflicted with the Bulls. Of course that's when I cared about our NHL franchise. Then I found out about the Penalty Box in north Lauderdale or Pompano Beach. That place was packed all the time during hockey season with snowbirds.

ChiSox65
01-04-2006, 07:09 PM

I was just there 2 weeks ago, lots of Chicago neon and street signs decorate the place, but seems to be run by New York Italians. Not much of a Chicago atmoshere. All that said..........not a bad place.

:gulp: