PDA

View Full Version : Whitesox lockeroom caps

cws05champ
01-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Does anyone know where you can get the World series champions lockeroom caps? I have tried all over the internet, and all over Chicago since I got here a few days ago.

Foolishly I listened to my wife and waited for Christmas to see if I got one before I bought it...gues what, No hat!! Any help would be appreciated.

C-Dawg
01-02-2006, 10:12 AM
If you're still here in the area, try Dick's Sporting Goods. Yesterday I was at the one in Lombard on Butterfield Rd., and they had about 100. And they're the newer version, with the Sox logo in one piece with the patch, not glued on like the first ones.

I just wish they'd make an adjustable one, or a larger version, or something. As cool as this hat is, its too small for my fat head. Ten minutes of wearing it, and I've got a headache and a red mark across my forehead.

pearso66
01-02-2006, 10:19 AM
It's also too small for my head.

On finding the hat, They still had a few at Champs sports at Hawthorn mall, which is in Vernon Hills for those that don't know.

FedEx227
01-02-2006, 10:45 AM
If you're still here in the area, try Dick's Sporting Goods. Yesterday I was at the one in Lombard on Butterfield Rd., and they had about 100. And they're the newer version, with the Sox logo in one piece with the patch, not glued on like the first ones.

I just wish they'd make an adjustable one, or a larger version, or something. As cool as this hat is, its too small for my fat head. Ten minutes of wearing it, and I've got a headache and a red mark across my forehead.

At that Dicks did they by any chance have Mini Replica Trophies... I've been looking all over the state for these things for my dad.

Mickster
01-02-2006, 10:47 AM
At that Dicks did they by any chance have Mini Replica Trophies... I've been looking all over the state for these things for my dad.

Dozens of those at Gas City on Rt. 59 and 95th Street in Naperville. $12.99 each iirc.

mantis1212
01-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Last week Champs Sports in Woodfield Mall still had a bunch.

You said you tired all over the internet- I would have thought the mlb site/ white sox website would still be selling them...

cws05champ
01-02-2006, 11:29 AM
I tried all over the internet and at whitesox.com first...unbelieveably they do not have them listed. I think this is a conspriacy by the Tribune company to convince MLB to only produce so many hats so the Sox logo doesn't take over chicago!!!

Chitown Hitmen
01-02-2006, 12:10 PM

Hey, just bust one off of a bobble head. I was at a place in the mall in Joliet called plaques something, and they had bobble heads of players holding the trophy.

MarySwiss
01-02-2006, 12:22 PM
I tried all over the internet and at whitesox.com first...unbelieveably they do not have them listed. I think this is a conspriacy by the Tribune company to convince MLB to only produce so many hats so the Sox logo doesn't take over chicago!!!

Apparently MLB has stopped producing them. I finally got mine about a week or so ago after a long backorder. Maybe this is a job for Sox Army; if enough of us were to e-mail MLB and complain about not being able to get the caps, they might realize it's in their best interest to restart the assembly line.

As an aside, I cannot believe how stupid a lot of these businesses are. I went to the local Borders the other day and ordered my Sox Pride DVD because of course it was not in stock. And when I contacted the local Sports Authority about Sox gear right after the Series, they told me they wouldn't be getting anything Sox-related in. And this is in Arizona, where there are a hell of a lot of transplanted Chicagoans. Not to mention the fact that the Sox train here, for heaven's sake! I mentioned these points to the managers at both stores and they agreed their policies are shortsighted, but apparently it's beyond their control.

Be interesting to see what shows up in the shop at Tucson Electric Park.

Herbal
01-02-2006, 12:56 PM
The hats are for sale in the Official White Sox Merchandise Catalog which I received a couple of days ago. They don't have an internet address, just a phone number 1-800-944-7697.

34rancher
01-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Dick's in Orland Park and Woodfield have tons of them, as of Friday. The one in Orland had over 200 left. Check there.

Anyone know of a place to get a glass case to put the hat into? I would like to get a glass or acrylic case to display the hat on my bar.

Daver
01-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Dick's in Orland Park and Woodfield have tons of them, as of Friday. The one in Orland had over 200 left. Check there.

Anyone know of a place to get a glass case to put the hat into? I would like to get a glass or acrylic case to display the hat on my bar.

Something like this? (http://www.bcwsupplies.com/webcart.php?RCATS=Hat+and+Cap+Displays&affid=adwords)

santo=dorf
01-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Dozens of those at Gas City on Rt. 59 and 95th Street in Naperville. $12.99 each iirc.

Any pictures of these things?

Back to the hats, did they come out witha second version of these? I saw a one size fits all one at Orland Park Mall last week, but I could have sworn they originally came out in fitted hat sizes. I also thought the logo on the hat looked a leittle different.

Mickster
01-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Any pictures of these things?

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2356718reg.jpg

Selling them on mlb.com (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2143837&cp=1452347.1452706.709763&page=2&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family) for $14.99

MarySwiss
01-02-2006, 02:53 PM

Selling them on mlb.com (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2143837&cp=1452347.1452706.709763&page=2&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family) for $14.99

Just tried to order one. Welcome to MLB backorder hell.

chisoxfan64
01-02-2006, 02:56 PM

They have these at a plce called Field Of Dreams in the Woodfield mall. 19.99

MarySwiss
01-02-2006, 03:09 PM

THANK YOU!! We have a Field of Dreams out here. Tomorrow I go there and force them to get one shipped to me--at gunpoint, if necessary!

34rancher
01-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Something like this? (http://www.bcwsupplies.com/webcart.php?RCATS=Hat+and+Cap+Displays&affid=adwords)
Thanks Daver, perfect.

cws05champ
01-02-2006, 04:42 PM

Thanks C-Dawg!! I got a couple of the hats today at Dick's. I leave tomorrow back for sunny Florida so I needed to get this before I left.

johnr1note
01-02-2006, 05:49 PM

The hats come adjustable.

Be careful that you weren't sold a youth hat. The local Sports Authority had a lot of those in stock, but no regular sizes.

Brian26
01-02-2006, 06:47 PM
The hats come adjustable.

Be careful that you weren't sold a youth hat. The local Sports Authority had a lot of those in stock, but no regular sizes.

The World Series lockerroom hats come one-size-fits-all. They aren't really adjustable other than they stretch a bit for larger heads. I haven't seen any youth hats.

SOecks
01-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Has anyone tried carefully cutting around the back rim of the hat to reduce or remove it's elasticity? Mine fits my head but the constant pulling from the elastic gets uncomfortable after awhile. I want to try but only have one had and don't want to screw it up.

Mickster
01-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Has anyone tried carefully cutting around the back rim of the hat to reduce or remove it's elasticity? Mine fits my head but the constant pulling from the elastic gets uncomfortable after awhile. I want to try but only have one had and don't want to screw it up.

I've tried it with the spring training hats (with the silver bill) as the hats come in L/XL and S/M sizes only (both contain the elastic). One is too small and one is really too big. I cut the back of the elastic on the S/M hat and it didn't really help that much. Just an FYI.

FedEx227
01-03-2006, 10:31 AM

Awesome thanks, I'll be driving out there later today.

duke of dorwood
01-03-2006, 10:34 AM

:shammy

I did

Dolly
01-03-2006, 11:17 AM
At that Dicks did they by any chance have Mini Replica Trophies... I've been looking all over the state for these things for my dad.If you're talking about the paperweight replica trophies, I saw some at the Grandstand. Although I haven't been there in about 3 weeks, so they could be gone by now. I have to say, though-- I wasn't too impressed with the quality of them. They looked like a kid's papier mache art project or something.

A.T. Money
01-03-2006, 11:32 AM
That trophy is at Amazon.com too. 20 bucks tho.

CantuSox
01-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I was wondering if anyone might know where I could get one of the 2005 AL Central Division Champs lockerroom hats? The ones with the silver on the sides that they wore when the won the division in Detroit. My step dad didn't get one when they were out and I would like to get one for him. I haven't been able to find them in a store, online or ebay. If someone could point me in the right direction online or a store in the Chicago area it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

chisoxmike
01-03-2006, 03:58 PM
http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2132906&cp=1452347.1452702 (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2132906&cp=1452347.1452702)

Hope this helps.

they arn't the exact ones, but the same design.

ewokpelts
01-03-2006, 07:13 PM
carsons on state street has a TON OF HATS

Bobbo35
01-04-2006, 07:23 AM
Grandstand has them for 14.99, I was there the other day. Good selection of bobbleheads as well. I saw Paulies going for $30 on ebay.