PDA

View Full Version : Opening Series Info?

MySoxAreClean
01-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Anyone heard what are the sox plan for the opning series against the Indians in know SUNDAY is the opener but will they raise the flag sunday ring tuesday? anyine?

chisox2005
01-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Don't quote me on this one but I heard that Opening Day will be the raising of the flags and then the second game of the series will be the Ring Ceremony.

MySoxAreClean
01-15-2006, 11:12 AM
anyone heard any info on the first 3 day opening games of the series> flag? Ring?

whitesoxwilkes
01-15-2006, 11:17 AM
anyone heard any info on the first 3 day opening games of the series> flag? Ring?

Flag raising on opening night.

Ring ceremony will be the second game of the season.

South Side Irish
01-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Are tickets still available for Opening Day when they go on sale 1/27?

Ol' No. 2
01-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Are tickets still available for Opening Day when they go on sale 1/27?Not bloody likely. They pushed back the date to Feb 19, but I'm pretty sure season ticket holders will gobble up any extras they're allowed to purchase. Opening day is going to be the hottest ticket in town.

Iwritecode
01-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Are tickets still available for Opening Day when they go on sale 1/27?

Nope. Already sold out. Game 2 is available so you might be able to see the ring ceremony.

I'm guessing lots of people are going to be upset when they realize the opening day tickets they got on Ebay that said "see the Sox get their rings" was wrong...

MUScholar21
01-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Not bloody likely. They pushed back the date to Feb 19, but I'm pretty sure season ticket holders will gobble up any extras they're allowed to purchase. Opening day is going to be the hottest ticket in town.

I'm happier than hell that my team has the revenue and trophy, but I'm already longing for the days when I could walk up 10 minutes before first pitch and get whatever seat I wanted. Now, you know brokers are going to be killing all of us good fans to get their share, especially for Opening Day. If this entire season turns out to be like trying to be playoff tickets, filling the park because it is the "popular" ticket, I'll stick to my local watering hole with my friends who are true Sox fans and also can't afford to pay out the ear for the ticket. Thankfully there are great road trip options this year like Cinci and Pittsburgh...

South Side Irish
01-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I figured they were sold out. Thanks, though.

And I'm bummed the on-sale date has been pushed back. I'm looking to use them as rewards for my students, but it's hard to buy them for this semester when they'll be going on sale so close to the end of it! :angry:

SoxFan78
01-17-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm happier than hell that my team has the revenue and trophy, but I'm already longing for the days when I could walk up 10 minutes before first pitch and get whatever seat I wanted. Now, you know brokers are going to be killing all of us good fans to get their share, especially for Opening Day. If this entire season turns out to be like trying to be playoff tickets, filling the park because it is the "popular" ticket, I'll stick to my local watering hole with my friends who are true Sox fans and also can't afford to pay out the ear for the ticket. Thankfully there are great road trip options this year like Cinci and Pittsburgh...

Like somebody said in a previous thread, make sure to check out the Parking Lot here on WSI for people looking to sell tix for face value for games during the season.

Law11
01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Nope. Already sold out. Game 2 is available so you might be able to see the ring ceremony.

I'm guessing lots of people are going to be upset when they realize the opening day tickets they got on Ebay that said "see the Sox get their rings" was wrong...

No kidding. i was one of those bidding on tickets ( i was winning the bid) when i emailed the seller and asked him what tickets he had. Turned out he was selling game 2. I was outbid thank God and got out of it.