PDA

View Full Version : Gooch can get up...

34rancher
01-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Anyone see this pic (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/12/22/gallery.siyear/content.3.html) of Figgins sliding under Iguchi? Pretty sweet look on Iguchi's face.

Ron Karkovice
01-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Anyone see this pic (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/12/22/gallery.siyear/content.3.html) of Figgins sliding under Iguchi? Pretty sweet look on Iguchi's face.

haha, nice... Somebody needs to photoshop that though.

Nellie_Fox
01-02-2006, 02:03 AM
Anyone see this pic (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/12/22/gallery.siyear/content.3.html) of Figgins sliding under Iguchi? Pretty sweet look on Iguchi's face.Sweet?

CredeGoldGlove
01-02-2006, 03:18 AM

...more like he ate a few too many sweets and is wishing this inning would be over already.

SOXSINCE'70
01-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Pretty sweet look on Iguchi's face.

Looks more like sweat than sweet to me.

ondafarm
01-02-2006, 09:52 AM
If you only knew what you were saying . . .

FarWestChicago
01-02-2006, 10:12 AM
If you only knew what you were saying . . .:violin:

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

mweflen
01-02-2006, 05:31 PM
during the *official* 2005 WS video, i distinctly heard ozzie holler the supposedly offending nickname in encouragement.

I HEREBY *OFFICIALLY* DECLARE THIS A DEAD ISSUE!

buehrle4cy05
01-02-2006, 05:45 PM
I HEREBY *OFFICIALLY* DECLARE THIS A DEAD ISSUE!

I wish that wasn't in teal.

Palehose13
01-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Angels' second baseman Chone Figgins (9) safely slides under the tag of shortstop Tadahito Iguchi

:?: Good work there, SI.

TheDarkGundam
01-02-2006, 08:59 PM
I've noticed something while watching the game replays, if you watch Tadahito, you'll see some pretty entertaining stuff. For example, I don't remember what game, but Gooch got caught stealing 2nd, when the umpire called him out, he looked over to another player and gestured to the umpire like "Can you believe this guy? He's nuts!"

BTW, until I see a report with the expressed, written consent from Tadahito himself that he does not like being called "Gooch", I will continued to refer to him as "Gooch".

ChiSoxIn06
01-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Gooch!!!

ondafarm
01-03-2006, 09:31 AM
BTW, until I see a report with the expressed, written consent from Tadahito himself that he does not like being called "Gooch", I will continued to refer to him as "Gooch".

Just as a point of logic: Tadahito Iguchi doesn't speak or write English and you don't read or speak Japanese so unless one of you is willing to learn the other language and you can trust me on this, that would be no fun whatsoever, you will not be reading any such message. Asking for the impossible is seldom justification for the impolite.

Until that time: I hope your Gooch hurts!!!

seanpmurphy
01-03-2006, 10:29 AM
:?: Good work there, SI.

Gotta love how SI wants to discredit itself. Seriously, who makes an obvious mistake like that? SP Jermaine Dye was the World Series MVP?

hawkjt
01-03-2006, 01:35 PM
My fav photo of Gooch is the angelic look on his face immediately after send David Wells curve into left field stands. It is like he is totally at peace that comes when hit a ball pure enough to send it nearly 390ft. Sweeet.

Baby Fisk
01-03-2006, 01:49 PM
My fav photo of Gooch is the angelic look on his face immediately after send David Wells curve into left field stands. It is like he is totally at peace that comes when hit a ball pure enough to send it nearly 390ft. Sweeet.
His batflip is neat too. Of course, it's not deliberate... or is it?

TheKittle
01-03-2006, 04:58 PM
I've noticed something while watching the game replays, if you watch Tadahito, you'll see some pretty entertaining stuff. For example, I don't remember what game, but Gooch got caught stealing 2nd, when the umpire called him out, he looked over to another player and gestured to the umpire like "Can you believe this guy? He's nuts!"

I prefer Iggy or Ig but only on WSI would somebody actually complain about it.

Baby Fisk
01-03-2006, 04:59 PM
I prefer Iggy or Ig.
Do you even know what that means??? :o:

soxinem1
01-03-2006, 06:31 PM

I like the shot of MB giving him the cheek grab during the game after his homer, Iguchi looked like a little kid getting his favorite toy Christmas morning!

Ron Karkovice
01-04-2006, 01:04 AM

I got goosebumps while watching one of the sox dvds when it showed aj flipping his bat away after hitting the walk off against the Dodgers. The loud dramatic music playing at the same time helped.

ondafarm
01-04-2006, 07:35 AM

Most Japanese players actually work at that. His is a very common flip for a Japanese player.

soxfanatlanta
01-04-2006, 08:29 AM
For a culture that does not like emotional outbursts, his facial expressions speak volumes.

BTW: how many people have nicknames that they like anyways? I have about five I can remember, and only one of them would not be filtered out by this site.

TheKittle
01-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Do you even know what that means??? :o:

Get a life. Oh that's right, WSI is your life. Have fun then.

Xx i am error xX
01-05-2006, 02:34 AM
I believe some Sox players actually call him Gooch... I don't remember the exact situation or when it happened, but there was a double play ball hit to him, but he only tagged 2nd and thought the inning was over. I'm not sure if it was Buerhle or Garcia pitching.. I think it was one of those two... but he was frantically pointing to first trying to get his attention, and you could clearly see that he was saying "Gooch! Gooch!" trying to keep the play from ending up badly... If I remember correctly he didn't get it there in time.