PDA

View Full Version : Awsome El Duque picture

WinOrDyeTrying
01-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Not sure if this was posted before, or if this deserves the be in another board, but check it out; this was the actual sequence of pitches in game 3 ALDS. I found it on a Yankees board.

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/bschalle/www/Baseball%20pics/sequence_1718x377.jpg

chisoxmike
01-01-2006, 11:14 PM
:rolleyes:

I'm not going to break the news.

WinOrDyeTrying
01-01-2006, 11:17 PM
:rolleyes:

I'm not going to break the news.

Old news? Please disregard.

chisoxmike
01-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Old news? Please disregard.

Extremely, but don't worry about it.:redneck

santo=dorf
01-02-2006, 12:33 AM
How did you find this considering I'm the one hosting it?
:redneck

skobabe8
01-02-2006, 12:33 PM
what was said about it on the Yankees board?

JermaineDye05
01-02-2006, 12:35 PM
theres something kind of odd in that picture, it shows him on ball one pitching from the wind up didn't he pitch from the stretch throughout that inning

The Deacon
01-02-2006, 12:40 PM
It's been posted before. But it is also WELL worth seeing again!

WinOrDyeTrying
01-02-2006, 12:44 PM
what was said about it on the Yankees board?

Basically that they wish they had him back.

I-55_Series
01-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi, first post in a long while--can someone give the details on this image, where it's from, how I can get a high-resolution copy of it, etc.? Does it originate with Sox PR? Sorry to contribute to the oldness of this news--I just woke up and realized that this was one of the best innings of baseball I'd ever seen.
Allan in Pilsen

Chitown Hitmen
01-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Basically that they wish they had him back.

If I was the Yankees, I would be glad he's gone.

Baby Fisk
01-02-2006, 01:57 PM
theres something kind of odd in that picture, it shows him on ball one pitching from the wind up didn't he pitch from the stretch throughout that inning
The bases were loaded.

Taliesinrk
01-02-2006, 05:44 PM
The bases were loaded.

A bit confused by this.. just cuz the bases were loaded doesn't necessarily mean the pitcher would go back to the wind-up...

Chisox003
01-02-2006, 05:46 PM
A bit confused by this.. just cuz the bases were loaded doesn't necessarily mean the pitcher would go back to the wind-up...
Why not.....? :?:

Runners aren't going anywhere, Duque's better from the windup .... Why would he stay in the stretch?

ilsox7
01-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Hi, first post in a long while--can someone give the details on this image, where it's from, how I can get a high-resolution copy of it, etc.? Does it originate with Sox PR? Sorry to contribute to the oldness of this news--I just woke up and realized that this was one of the best innings of baseball I'd ever seen.
Allan in Pilsen

Created by Two By Four, the Sox marketing firm. Thought up by the President of Two By Four in the plane ride from Boston to Chicago, I believe. Those are the details I remember him explaining to us on WSI. Also, not available for sale. So no way to get it.

Saufley
01-02-2006, 06:07 PM
It was in the Tribune. We contacted them to see if they would be available for sale and still waiting to hear.

ilsox7
01-02-2006, 06:10 PM
It was in the Tribune. We contacted them to see if they would be available for sale and still waiting to hear.

The Tribune does not own it. As of now, according to Two By Four, it cannot and will not be for sale.

The Deacon
01-02-2006, 06:17 PM

It depends on pitcher preference but it usually means that he'll go to the wind up.

buehrle4cy05
01-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Why not.....? :?:

Runners aren't going anywhere, Duque's better from the windup .... Why would he stay in the stretch?

It usually depends on El Duque's feel for each motion...generally, a pitcher is more mechanically sound out of the stretch (but that really doesn't apply to El Duque, who's never really mechanically sound). Also, with that long motion of his, the runner on third is going to get down the line farther and may be able to beat the force out on a slow roller. I've actually had a runner steal home on me when I was going out of the windup with the bases loaded.

Saufley
01-02-2006, 06:22 PM
The Tribune does not own it. As of now, according to Two By Four, it cannot and will not be for sale.

Excuse me but we contacted the White Sox and they told us to talk to the Tribune. Don't jump on me, I'm just trying help out.

ilsox7
01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Excuse me but we contacted the White Sox and they told us to talk to the Tribune. Don't jump on me, I'm just trying help out.
I'm not jumping on you. I am just telling you what the creater of the ad has said on WSI on a few occasions.

EDIT: Searched thru Two By Four's posts to find his explanation: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=956025#post956025