PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am new.

cyyoung4mvp
01-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Hi guys, I am new to whitesoxinteractive. I am on the whitesox.com messege board but its getting kind of boring over there. I have been a life long white sox fan, and I am hoping for an 06 repeat. So, treat me well.

delben91
01-01-2006, 06:46 PM
:welcome:

This is the ultimate place for all things Sox. Welcome aboard! :gulp:

shoelessjoe90
01-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Welcome! :gulp::gulp::gulp:

PAPChiSox729
01-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Hi guys, I am new to whitesoxinteractive. I am on the whitesox.com messege board but its getting kind of boring over there. I have been a life long white sox fan, and I am hoping for an 06 repeat. So, treat me well.

If you are nice to us, we will be nice to you... usually.

:redneck

TheDarkGundam
01-01-2006, 07:24 PM

This is the ultimate place for all things Sox. Welcome aboard! :gulp:
meh, it's not that great.
Consider that your first lesson in the art of "teal", cyyoung4mvp.

veeter
01-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Coming over to this site from the other, you need to bring your 'A' game. Good luck.

LongLiveFisk
01-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Welcome! :D:

And once you've been here for awhile, you won't go back to that miserable place. :wink:

Chitown Hitmen
01-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Welcome to this site, I'm pretty new here myself, this place has nice people and a good site.

goofymsfan
01-01-2006, 08:51 PM

And once you've been here for awhile, you won't go back to that miserable place. :wink:

She's not joking. Since I joined here I haven't visited the MLB site at all.
(oopsies)

Daver
01-01-2006, 09:04 PM
He's not joking. Since I joined here I haven't visited the MLB site at all.

She's not joking, in case you want to edit that.

:smile:

goofymsfan
01-01-2006, 09:12 PM

Thanks for the Heads up. I should have guessed that a Fisk fan was a she. Ladies have a thing for catchers. :smile:

Whitesox029
01-01-2006, 09:21 PM
:welcome:to WSI. Get used to it. You'll be addicted soon.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49958
Read this sticky, heed its instructions, and you'll never run into trouble.
Here's to another championship in '06! :gulp::gulp:

LongLiveFisk
01-01-2006, 09:23 PM

Thank you, my dear. :wink:

LongLiveFisk
01-01-2006, 09:24 PM
[right]

Thanks for the Heads up. I should have guessed that a Fisk fan was a she. Ladies have a thing for catchers. :smile:

LOL...this is true, isn't it? :tongue:

mccoydp
01-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Just don't ever, ever mention the "A" word...

WinOrDyeTrying
01-01-2006, 09:34 PM

http://www.homeruncards.com/imagesrc/jon-garland.jpg

I cant figure out why I can't get any ladies.

Daver
01-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Thank you, my dear. :wink:

You're welcome.

:redneck

goofymsfan
01-01-2006, 09:45 PM

Yeah, while Scotty is my #1 Fav, Paul Lo Duca is #2 (all be it a distant #2)

Nellie_Fox
01-02-2006, 01:11 AM
(all be it a distant #2)Just for future reference: it's "albeit," one word.

IronFisk
01-02-2006, 02:23 AM
Yes, welcome to our big, happy family! Dysfunctionally happy, but happy nonetheless! :redneck

goofymsfan
01-02-2006, 04:39 AM
Just for future reference: it's "albeit," one word.

Sad part is I had originally typed it that way and changed it because I didn't think that was right. I should have known better to trust my first instinct.

TornLabrum
01-02-2006, 07:24 AM
It is one of the oddities of the English language that albeit is one word but all right is two.

SOXSINCE'70
01-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Just a word of warning:stay away from political threads.

SOXSINCE'70
01-02-2006, 09:01 AM
It is one of the oddities of the English language that albeit is one word but all right is two.
In the words of Vinnie Barbarino,"I'm so confused!!!!":nuts: :nuts: :unsure:

LongLiveFisk
01-02-2006, 10:11 AM

Actually, the spelling of this word as "alright" is acceptable, per our wise old Webster dictionary. :D:

TomBradley72
01-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Gottal love WSI....checking the site to see if there are any major rumors (rumours?) and I pick up an albeit/alright spelling lesson along the way.

Gotta love it. :cool:

Railsplitter
01-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi guys, I am new to whitesoxinteractive. I am on the whitesox.com messege board but its getting kind of boring over there. I have been a life long white sox fan, and I am hoping for an 06 repeat. So, treat me well. Always good to have new people!

TornLabrum
01-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Actually, the spelling of this word as "alright" is acceptable, per our wise old Webster dictionary. :D:

According to m-w.com (wise old Webster) it is accepted by some but rejected by others. Common usage does not make it proper English, and there is apparently a debate.

itsnotrequired
01-02-2006, 01:30 PM

I go back frome time-to-time just for a laugh. Man, those boards are insane...

fquaye149
01-02-2006, 01:30 PM
According to m-w.com (wise old Webster) it is accepted by some but rejected by others. Common usage does not make it proper English, and there is apparently a debate.

Common usage often makes for proper English. I'd give you an example but I just can't seem to access that information right now:cool:

soxjim
01-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Welcome aboard. My name is Jim and I'm a Soxaholic.

hsnterprize
01-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Welcome aboard. My name is Jim and I'm a Soxaholic.

Altogether now...

HIIIIIIIIII JIIIIIIIIIM!!!!!

As for CyYoung4MVP, to quote Axl Rose..."Welcome to the jungle." I also posted on whitesox.com, and I got tired of all the trolling there. These moderators do an outstanding job in keeping the Cubbie riff-raff out of here. You'll see as you move along.

SoxEd
01-02-2006, 07:57 PM
We prefer the single word version over here. :tongue:

But then again, we put a 'ph' in your 'sulfur', and add an extra 'i' in your 'aluminum'...

...and we would look for articles about Mediæval Kings in a copy of the Encyclopædia Britannica...

Also, the word we use to describe the part of a hairstyle that covers the forehead (IIRC you call it 'bangs') is also, I am told, an American English synonym for something far too rude to post on a family website.
Ask a Brit to trim your 'bangs', and s/he is more likely to ask you what you've been smoking, as it is meaningless over here.

Lastly, your five-letter synonym for 'rump' that begins with 'f' is much less polite in British English.

Anyway, welcome aboard cyyoung4mvp; what took you so long? :D:

fquaye149
01-02-2006, 08:10 PM
We prefer the single word version over here. :tongue:

But then again, we put a 'ph' in your 'sulfur', and add an extra 'i' in your 'aluminum'...

...and we would look for articles about Mediæval Kings in a copy of the Encyclopædia Britannica...

Also, the word we use to describe the part of a hairstyle that covers the forehead (IIRC you call it 'bangs') is also, I am told, an American English synonym for something far too rude to post on a family website.
Ask a Brit to trim your 'bangs', and s/he is more likely to ask you what you've been smoking, as it is meaningless over here.

Lastly, your five-letter synonym for 'rump' that begins with 'f' is much less polite in British English.

Anyway, welcome aboard cyyoung4mvp; what took you so long? :D:

I have no ideaR of what you're talking about!:D:

But it sounds like you have it all down, from a to zed

DumpJerry
01-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Yes, welcome to our big, happy family! Dysfunctionally happy, but happy nonetheless! :redneck
Just don't try to organize a party at a bar and you will miss out on the dysfunctionality of our family.:cool: