PDA

View Full Version : Can the Red Sox do anything right?

Daver
12-28-2001, 06:37 PM
Now they getting in a fight with the state for selling the team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/news/2001/12/27/redsox_sale_ap/

Another sign that the baseball Apocalypse is upon us.

Jerry_Manuel
12-28-2001, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by daver
Another sign that the baseball Apocalypse is upon us.

Bring it on.

czalgosz
12-28-2001, 06:55 PM
My bet is that Henry was outbid by that eccentric billionaire guy (can't remember his name) and the outgoing ownership was bound and determined to give it to Henry, just because they knew that Selig and his boys backed him. They didn't want another Steinbrenner-type throwing around cash and ruining everything...

Daver
12-28-2001, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
My bet is that Henry was outbid by that eccentric billionaire guy (can't remember his name)

I thought Howard Hughes was dead.

Maybe Him and Elvis are in on this together.

Spiff
12-28-2001, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
My bet is that Henry was outbid by that eccentric billionaire guy (can't remember his name) and the outgoing ownership was bound and determined to give it to Henry, just because they knew that Selig and his boys backed him. They didn't want another Steinbrenner-type throwing around cash and ruining everything...

I think that's exactly what happened. Also, Harrington might have finagled the deal to benefit the minority owners (which he is one) more than the Yawkey trust, which benefits charities.

CLR01
12-28-2001, 07:10 PM
Since when is it required that something has to be sold to the highest bidder?

czalgosz
12-28-2001, 07:40 PM
It's not a law; but it was one of the stipulations of the Yawkey Trust. Since it was in a will, it becomes part of the legal system then.

SOXSINCE'70
12-29-2001, 06:27 PM
Now if only the @$$ known as Reinsdork would sell his share of the White Sox.................................

Naaaaaahhhhhh.Never Happen!!

:angry: