PDA

View Full Version : Ticket question

T-Bag
01-01-2006, 07:09 AM
I'm not on here a ton so if this is in the wrong forum please move. I have been trying to get this info from Chisox.com or Ticketmaster but I can't get a response and I know someone on here can help me. What is the most # of tickets you can buy to single games? A bunch of guys from work want to go to opening day and I am going to buy them on line but I can't remember the max # per order.

Thanks all and Happy New Year!

ilsox7
01-01-2006, 07:36 AM
I'm not on here a ton so if this is in the wrong forum please move. I have been trying to get this info from Chisox.com or Ticketmaster but I can't get a response and I know someone on here can help me. What is the most # of tickets you can buy to single games? A bunch of guys from work want to go to opening day and I am going to buy them on line but I can't remember the max # per order.

I would venture to guess there will be few, if any, tickets available for single game purchase for opening day. I certainly would not count on being able to get any.

T-Bag
01-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Why would you say that? I'm buying them the second they go on sale. The whole stadium won't be sold to season ticket holders or am I missing something here.

ilsox7
01-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Why would you say that? I'm buying them the second they go on sale. The whole stadium won't be sold to season ticket holders or am I missing something here.

First, there has been a huge increase in season ticket holders. They also get first dibs on possibly buying extra tickets for opening day above and beyond their season package.

Second, if you've ever tried to buy tickets for a near sold out event (aka the World Series) you know that your chances of actually getting tickets are slim to none.

T-Bag
01-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Gotcha. Yeah I tried to get W/S tickets, had them, lost them....well that is a long story but I didn't think opening day would be nearly as bad as the W/S but I could be wrong. Thanks for the info.

ilsox7
01-01-2006, 07:43 AM
Gotcha. Yeah I tried to get W/S tickets, had them, lost them....well that is a long story but I didn't think opening day would be nearly as bad as the W/S but I could be wrong. Thanks for the info.

No one really knows how it will actually be. I am just saying I would not count on it.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-01-2006, 07:48 AM
Opening Night isn't available any more through the Ozzie 13 game plan. While I'm sure that doesn't mean it's entirely sold out, tickets will probably be very scarce because ST holders have the opportunity to buy extras before single game tickets go on sale. I wish I bought that Ozzie Plan earlier...:(:

T-Bag
01-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Opening Night isn't available any more through the Ozzie 13 game plan. While I'm sure that doesn't mean it's entirely sold out, tickets will probably be very scarce because ST holders have the opportunity to buy extras before single game tickets go on sale. I wish I bought that Ozzie Plan earlier...:(:

I just looked at the Ozzie plan myself and I now realize OD is probably out of the question. :whiner:

downstairs
01-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Anyway... I'll bet opening day ain't gonna happen... but to answer your question, on normal games I do believe the limit is around 20.

My family/friends threw me a surprise birthday party last year... July 4... and we had some 20 people there, together over two rows. They bought them on TicketMaster... didn't call the Sox or get any special treatment.

They also do have group packages, I think... so if you want to buy a ton of tickets, I think you can call the Sox and they'll hook you up- assuming its not a big game (Yankees, Cubs, etc...)

ewokpelts
01-01-2006, 10:54 AM
You can buy up to 19 tickets at the Sox box office or on whitesox.com
20 or more is a group outing, that can be arranged through the sox.
Gene

p.s. fat chance getting 20 tickets for opening day. groups are being filled based on what you ordered LAST YEAR.

itsnotrequired
01-02-2006, 01:26 PM
I was poking around on the Ticketmaster season ticket pages and looks like tickets are still moving at a brisk pace. As near as I can tell, only single seats are available in Premium Upper Box for full season plans. No more multiples in that section. Still plenty of full season seats in the other sections (except for Premium Lower Box, Scout and Club Level).

For the Double Play plan (weekend games), the entire lower bowl is limited to single seats only! You cannot get multiples of Double Play seats at this time. That's wild! You can still get multiples for the Hit & Run plan (weekday games). Premium Upper Box is also sold out for both Double Play and Hit & Run.

Ozzie Plans are also filling up. Opening Day has been unavailable for some time now but now the Saturday game against the Cubs is no longer available.

If any of you are looking at an Ozzie plan, you better get moving...

ewokpelts
01-02-2006, 06:58 PM
I was poking around on the Ticketmaster season ticket pages and looks like tickets are still moving at a brisk pace. As near as I can tell, only single seats are available in Premium Upper Box for full season plans. No more multiples in that section. Still plenty of full season seats in the other sections (except for Premium Lower Box, Scout and Club Level).

For the Double Play plan (weekend games), the entire lower bowl is limited to single seats only! You cannot get multiples of Double Play seats at this time. That's wild! You can still get multiples for the Hit & Run plan (weekday games). Premium Upper Box is also sold out for both Double Play and Hit & Run.

Ozzie Plans are also filling up. Opening Day has been unavailable for some time now but now the Saturday game against the Cubs is no longer available.

If any of you are looking at an Ozzie plan, you better get moving...
you can always call a rep and see if they have something better than what ticketmaster is selling.
Gene

The Deacon
01-02-2006, 07:00 PM

In the past it has been 19. If you want 20 you HAVE to get them through a rep. If you're getting 19 you can get them through TM but I'd call a rep anyway, they may cut out the service charges if you are nice.
It may be differnet the day tickets go on-sale. Either way, I'd say more than 4 for OD would be a crapshoot.

SOXandILLINI
01-02-2006, 08:44 PM
T bag, are you on the IB as well?

itsnotrequired
01-03-2006, 10:00 AM
you can always call a rep and see if they have something better than what ticketmaster is selling.
Gene

Good point.

I was just poking around (again) and noticed that single game tickets are once again available for Opening Day through the Ozzie Plan. Who knows how long that will last...

daveeym
01-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Good point.

I was just poking around (again) and noticed that single game tickets are once again available for Opening Day through the Ozzie Plan. Who knows how long that will last... Tickemaster is pretty accurate on what's the best available. I got the weekend package a couple weeks ago and it was dead on.

spiffie
01-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Good point.

I was just poking around (again) and noticed that single game tickets are once again available for Opening Day through the Ozzie Plan. Who knows how long that will last...
I just tried to order 2 seats in the Ozzie package with the Opening Day, and even though it shows it as an option, when you try to order it you cannot choose a quantity of seats for that game, which tells me it's gone again.

itsnotrequired
01-03-2006, 10:36 AM
I just tried to order 2 seats in the Ozzie package with the Opening Day, and even though it shows it as an option, when you try to order it you cannot choose a quantity of seats for that game, which tells me it's gone again.

Well, it could be down again. Seems like Opening Day is an on-again, off-again situation. I guess its just a matter of checking it at the right time.

Dan Mega
01-03-2006, 10:38 AM
I hear you might get a chance to get tickets at Soxfest. I'm sure the lines will be long though.

Iwritecode
01-03-2006, 11:14 AM
I hear you might get a chance to get tickets at Soxfest. I'm sure the lines will be long though.

I think they had a drawing last year. There were a bunch of different prizes but one of them was a chance to buy tickets.