PDA

View Full Version : give it up for those who wash jerseys

Herm Schneider
01-01-2006, 02:33 AM
this whole season our boys looked good and clean due to the hard work of the batboys and the clubhouse managers that is unseen by just about everyone who does not have an inside source... if it wasnt for these hard workers the world series champions would of had to play in dirty jerseys and raunchy socks. WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT !!

so this is to bafia and colletti ,all the other batboys, and the clubhouse mangers whos faces are overseen and actions get small thanks. In my eyes they all deserve a WS ring and i truly hope they receive it.

1951Campbell
01-01-2006, 02:51 AM
Word up, I could use some of that washing prowess. I've got some hard-to-remove stains on my Jermaine Dye authentic jersey, it's a damn shame. A damn shame. :(:

Nellie_Fox
01-01-2006, 03:41 AM
...the world series champions would of had to play...Would have, or would've, but absolutely not would of.

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-01-2006, 03:53 AM
picky picky picky

TheDarkGundam
01-01-2006, 08:39 PM
ah, another appreciation thread. It has been too long since the last. :D:

I want Mags back
01-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Yeh, i could use so help getting ink out of my road grey '83. Never knew the Bat Boys did laundry

WinOrDyeTrying
01-01-2006, 09:24 PM
I finally got my Konerko jersey clean. I had a bunch of stains on it. It took that rub on stain remover and 5 consecutive washes to get it out.

Why don't I get a thread dedicated to me

SouthSide_HitMen
01-01-2006, 09:27 PM
this whole season our boys looked good and clean due to the hard work of the batboys and the clubhouse managers that is unseen by just about everyone who does not have an inside source... if it wasnt for these hard workers the world series champions would of had to play in dirty jerseys and raunchy socks. WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT !!

so this is to bafia and colletti ,all the other batboys, and the clubhouse mangers whos faces are overseen and actions get small thanks. In my eyes they all deserve a WS ring and i truly hope they receive it.

Based on the Wall Street Journal article I posted a few months ago regarding World Series shares, I am positive the Clubhouse manager received 6 figures and his assistants including the batboys received a nice share from the World Series shares.

HomeFish
01-01-2006, 09:55 PM
The clubhouse managers got introduced as members of the team at Game 1 of the ALDS and ALCS.

Not at the World Series, though.

WinOrDyeTrying
01-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Is the bat boy gig a one time thing, or are they around for the whole season?

Herm Schneider
01-02-2006, 04:36 AM
Is the bat boy gig a one time thing, or are they around for the whole season?

the bat boys are chosen from de la salle high school only. they do it to they want to ..or get fired.

just think about just being able to see a sox player and joke around with him in the clubhouse during or before a game ... AND THEY GET PAID TO DO IT !!

mzol11
01-02-2006, 12:47 PM

To bad the clubhouse manager is a jerk and has anyone under him he feels threatened by fired.:mad:

Palehose13
01-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Word up, I could use some of that washing prowess. I've got some hard-to-remove stains on my Jermaine Dye authentic jersey, it's a damn shame. A damn shame. :(:
I don't know if they are used to getting nacho cheese and mustard stains off of Dye's jersey, so they may not be able to help you out. :wink:

SoXPriDe33
01-02-2006, 04:10 PM
I remember when I was about 10 years old I sent a letter to the White Sox asking to be their bat boy. My mom said it was a good idea and I actually did get a letter back but they said I needed to be atleast 16 years old. I still have the letter that I got back and my mom still sometimes asks me to send it in again and see what they say.

mweflen
01-02-2006, 06:29 PM
i'm not going to give it up for the 2005 laundry crew until this is designated an *official* appreciation thread.

skobabe8
01-02-2006, 07:15 PM
To bad the clubhouse manager is a jerk and has anyone under him he feels threatened by fired.:mad:

Care to elaborate? :?:

Nellie_Fox
01-03-2006, 01:51 AM
I remember when I was about 10 years old I sent a letter to the White Sox asking to be their bat boy. My mom said it was a good idea and I actually did get a letter back but they said I needed to be atleast 16 years old. I still have the letter that I got back and my mom still sometimes asks me to send it in again and see what they say.They used kids a lot younger when I was young, but changes in child-labor laws probably changed that.

The Chicago Daily News (I'm pretty sure it was the Daily News, might have been the Times) used to hold a contest to become a White Sox bat boy; one of those "write in 25 words or less why you should be..." I entered a couple of times, but never heard a thing.

ChiSoxLifer
01-03-2006, 03:57 AM
I didn't wash my 1917 replica jersey all summer. I washed it about a week before opening day. Since they won the first game, I decided I wouldn't wash it until they lost. They kept winning so often, I decided not to wash it until they went on a long losing streak. That didn't happen either. Finally the playoffs came around and I figured I'd wait until after they lose their final game. The rest is history. It has a summer of food stains, drink spills, and the fabulous smelling rain from the clinching game 5 in Anaheim.

Hangar18
01-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I hand-wash ALL of my jerseys

Ol' No. 2
01-03-2006, 11:36 AM
They used kids a lot younger when I was young, but changes in child-labor laws probably changed that.

The Chicago Daily News (I'm pretty sure it was the Daily News, might have been the Times) used to hold a contest to become a White Sox bat boy; one of those "write in 25 words or less why you should be..." I entered a couple of times, but never heard a thing.This kid had a lot to do with it.
http://reds.enquirer.com/2002/10/25/giants_zoom.jpg