PDA

View Full Version : Help me- good defensive/pitching plays from playoffs

downstairs
12-31-2005, 10:16 AM
Ok... I'm putting together/editing a video (for my personal enjoyment) of all of the important plays from the entire playoffs- from either the Sox or their opponents

I've got every one of the scoring plays on both sides- those are easy to find. I've got the final play of every game. I've got El Duque's 6th vs. Boston. The dropped third strike. All obvious and easy to find.

The defensive gems are hard to sift through, because I don't always remember which inning/out/batter they occured on.

I'd like some suggestions for ones to include, and if you remember the inning or about where it happened...

WinOrDyeTrying
12-31-2005, 10:36 AM
Rowand slamming into the wall against Boston. He didnt make the catch, but that just shows the work ethic of the team. Pods sliding/falling catch against the Angels (I believe it was)

downstairs
12-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Rowand slamming into the wall against Boston. He didnt make the catch, but that just shows the work ethic of the team. Pods sliding/falling catch against the Angels (I believe it was)

Yeah... exactly what I'm looking for... but I don't remember when exactly any of these happened (which game, which inning)...

(All 12 games are somewhat of a blur to me... in a good way!)

ElevenUp
12-31-2005, 10:54 AM
Crede's diving stops with runners on third occurred in the 6th and 7th innings of game 1 of the WS. That game also featured Neil Cotts striking out 2 batters with Taveras on third and no one out before Jenks came in to strike out Bagwell (8th inning).

Chitown Hitmen
12-31-2005, 11:18 AM
Juan Uribe's diving catch into the stands in the WS game four against the Astros.

RallyBowl
12-31-2005, 11:24 AM
Pods made a great catch against the Angels, he slammed into the wall as he caught it to end the inning.

You might also put in the Graffanino play, and the play Biggio dropped the pop-up.

Uribe and Crede made about a dozen highlight plays in the post season, so anyone of those would be good.

Oh, and the play where Iguchi threw to third when he shouldn't have, but got him out anyway.

SOXSINCE'70
12-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Crede's diving stops with runners on third occurred in the 6th and 7th innings of game 1 of the WS. That game also featured Neil Cotts striking out 2 batters with Taveras on third and no one out before Jenks came in to strike out Bagwell (8th inning).
Even more important:that "runner on third" was Willy Taveras.Both times.

ElevenUp
12-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Oh, and the play where Iguchi threw to third when he shouldn't have, but got him out anyway.

I think this happened in the 4th or 5th inning of game 1 in the ALDS. I'm pretty sure it was Varitek who was running. It happened in the only inning the BoSox scored that game.

ATXBMX
12-31-2005, 02:01 PM
Uribe throwing out Guerrero in the first inning of ALCS game 1. (mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2005/open/topplays/archive10/05alcs_gm1_anacha_uribe_field_350.wmv?ct1=mlb)

TheKittle
12-31-2005, 04:10 PM
The Dye to Iggy to Crede, rely throw in, I believe Game 3, of the ALCS. They cut down Erstad who had an easy double and was trying to stretch it into a triple.

I still say one of the most overlooked plays in the postseason for the White Sox was WS Game 4.

Uribe made the catch and going into the crowd, remember there was a runner on 2nd and 1 out, BOTH Willie Harris and Jenks went over and covered third. Creded also deserves some credit because you can see him in replays yelling something to the effect of "watch the runner tagging up". If nobody covered third, the runner at second could have tagged up, and now there would be more pressure on Jenks and AJ with the runner on third.