PDA

View Full Version : When I'm Feeling Down...

elrod
12-31-2005, 12:17 AM
...I think about Podsednik's walk-off homer. Or Uribe's catch in the stands. Or the parade. Or any other great moment in the White Sox's run for the championship. Karl Marx said that religion is the opiate of the masses but to me the White Sox winning the World Series does it every time. There is no better tonic to winter depression, or getting overwhelmed with work or family squabbles than thinking over those magical moments in late October when the Sox kept winning and winning. Those memories are already priceless.

Soxfanspcu11
12-31-2005, 12:33 AM
It's funny that you say this because sometimes when I'm at work and feeling very depressed (Monday morning, I am looking in your direction) I do the same thing.

Although I think about the whole season in general. I think about the first game of the '05 season I attended on May 1st when it was like 25 degrees, and the last game I attended, game 2 of the ALCS when Crede hit his walk-off double and everything in-between.

It really does put a smile on my face and it seems like the fact that the White Sox are World Series Champions has finally set in!

I was so incredibly nervous during the stretch run of the regular season and the playoffs that I never really "enjoyed" the games. I was just so damn nervous and wanted the Sox to win so badly that I couldn't really appreciate what was going on.

But now, that it is all said and done and the Sox are champs, I can look back on everything, the good games, and the not so good games and it just gives me a good feeling! Wow, 2005, what a great year to be alive:D: !

Fredsox
12-31-2005, 05:44 AM
Here's something that cheered me up a bit: watching the WS DVD celebration section that shows the final outs and then the players & fans partying together. You really get a sense of how happy the players were for themselves and for the fans. Very cool.

Chitown Hitmen
12-31-2005, 08:29 AM
I do that exact same thing. I was down three day's ago cause I was grounded and couldn't go to the movies with my friends, so I just stayed home and watched my Sox Pride DVD, and I forgot all about not being ale to go to the movies with them. It really makes me happy, that movie.

kevin57
12-31-2005, 10:15 AM
True. This was a season that keeps on giving. My latest "high" was in reading the Tribune book, "Believe It!" Noticing how many things were done well by the Sox: great pitching throughout, just enough hitting right when it was needed. Incredible.

RallyBowl
12-31-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah. Being a World Champion cheers me up too. My favorite scenes are when Paulie hit the GS, and when Scotty hit the HR. The best part is when they pan out and show the crowd. EVERYONE is jumping up and down hysterically. Wish I could have been there.:(:

Oh, wait. I am a World Champion.:smile:

TommyJohn
12-31-2005, 10:59 AM
The past couple of winters were tough, baseball-wise. The one thing I had
to keep me warm and fuzzy was watching the last out of the 2003 NLCS,
watching the Marlins clinch. Now whenever I want to feel warm this winter
I watch the final plays of the ALCS and World Series. Let me tell you, the
difference is, to quote Katie Holmes "Amazing!" The feeling of watching the
White Sox win is immeasurable.

I was nervous all through September and the playoffs. The feeling didn't
really hit me until the top of the 9th of Game 5 of the ALCS, when they
scored the final two runs. That is when it finally hit me like a ton of bricks,
literally. I stood there and thought "Oh, my God! They're going to win!
They're actually going to WIN the pennant!" It was a great feeling, one
I'll never forget.

Chitown Hitmen
12-31-2005, 11:03 AM
The past couple of winters were tough, baseball-wise. The one thing I had
to keep me warm and fuzzy was watching the last out of the 2003 NLCS,
watching the Marlins clinch. Now whenever I want to feel warm this winter
I watch the final plays of the ALCS and World Series. Let me tell you, the
difference is, to quote Katie Holmes "Amazing!" The feeling of watching the
White Sox win is immeasurable.

I was nervous all through September and the playoffs. The feeling didn't
really hit me until the top of the 9th of Game 5 of the ALCS, when they
scored the final two runs. That is when it finally hit me like a ton of bricks,
literally. I stood there and thought "Oh, my God! They're going to win!
They're actually going to WIN the pennant!" It was a great feeling, one
I'll never forget.

I know, sometimes when the off-season comes and the sox havent done anything in like a month I hate it cause it's boring I just want to see the freaking games.

DoItForDanPasqua
12-31-2005, 01:07 PM
I recorded World Series highlights on my cell phone's voice memo box. This way, not only do I have them to cheer me up, but I can give my phone to Cub fans and say "this is strange, there's a phone call for you."

Chitown Hitmen
12-31-2005, 01:15 PM
I recorded World Series highlights on my cell phone's voice memo box. This way, not only do I have them to cheer me up, but I can give my phone to Cub fans and say "this is strange, there's a phone call for you."

Lol, thats great.

MarySwiss
12-31-2005, 02:10 PM
It's amazing! All I have to do is just even think about the season, watch the parade tape or World Series DVD, look in my closet, check out the wall in my family room, or grab one of my Sox books, and I'm happy all over again.

BTW, thanks to whoever mentioned that Borders has the Sox Pride DVD. Of course, the one here doesn't--but my copy will be in within 7 business days.

See? Just thinking that made me happy! :D: