PDA

View Full Version : 2005 White Sox Move; Hollywood Style!

Soxfanspcu11
12-30-2005, 11:01 PM
So WSI member VIVAMEDIASB'S started a thread about "Greatest Sports Actors" and I really couldn't think of any, however that got me thinking about something else.....

Suppose they were to make a White Sox movie. The story of the 2005 White Sox. Of course there is 8 MEN OUT about the Sox, but that's more about the scandal then the actual team.

But anyway, let's say they make a movie about the 2005 White Sox that is a story of everything that happened both on the field and off. It wouldn't be just a documentary like the SOX PRIDE dvd, but a movie about what the whole team went through, like an actual Hollywood movie with actors playing everyone on the team, someone playing Ozzie, someone playing Kenny, someone playing the mayor, and so on like that.

I was wondering what some of your suggestions would be, who should play who?? I think this could be a cool thread. I haven't given it that much thought but here are a few suggestions....

Ozzie Guillen=Al Pacino

Kenny Williams= Kayne West or Chris Tucker

AJ= the guitar player from Staind (I know he is not an actor, but they look VERY similar)!

Jon Garland= Colin Farrel

Lisa Dergan= Lisa Dergan

Cotts= Adam Brody

JR= Jerry Stiller

Crede= Jack Osbourne

Ozzie Guillen Jr.= Wilmer Valderrama

Iguchi= Jet Lee or Jackie Chan

Uribe= Tracy Morgan

Rowand= Jude Law

Dye= Lawrence Fishborne

Viz= that actor who played Urkel! Lol! Its the ears!

Jenks= Bubba Sparx

Konerko= Russel Crow

Polite= Kevin Costner

Moronotti=Horatio Sans from SNL (although that is an insult to Horatio).

Hawk= Steve Martin

DJ= Usher

And so on like that! I know it's a silly idea but it should be cool to see who everyone comes up with. I know that there are better actors that match up better with the people I have mentioned, but like I said, I did this on the fly, didn't really "analyze" it so much.

So who do you guys think??? I know it's just a fantasy but this could be an awesome movie! :D: Let's hear it!

santo=dorf
12-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Crede = Matt Damon
Harris = Wesley Snipes
Geoff Blum = Gary Busey's kid (Jake?)
Frank Thomas = Michael Clarke Duncan (who narrated our WS video)

4th Gen. Sox Fan
12-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Freddie Garcia= Daryl 'The Rock' Johnson

Soxfanspcu11
12-31-2005, 12:08 AM

WOW! I can't believe I forgot that one! I think he looks EXACTLY like him. And SANTODORF, good call on Blum as Busey's kid. I remember seeing him in Starship Troopers and now that I think of it, he would be a PERFECT fit!

Nicely done!

peeonwrigley
12-31-2005, 12:15 AM

Nitpicking. Its Duane Johnson.

HebrewHammer
12-31-2005, 12:21 AM

Nitpicking. Isn't it Dwayne?

Soxfanspcu11
12-31-2005, 12:22 AM

Your "nitpicking" made me realize that I made the title of this thread say "MOVE" instead of "MOVIE", my fault, I would change it but I don't know how to edit titles.

Damn your nitpicking!!!

Nellie_Fox
12-31-2005, 12:26 AM
Pacino is way too old to play Guillen. How about John Leguizamo?

peeonwrigley
12-31-2005, 12:56 AM
Nitpicking. Isn't it Dwayne?

Touche

StockdaleForVeep
12-31-2005, 02:00 AM
hawk-bob euker, no one other

http://www.fritschcards.com/reprints/1961_1970/images/cards_UECKER2.jpg
"and he gone, how bout that, folks lets remind you of diehard battery night, free admission to anyone who was alive during the last time the sox won a pennant"

Nellie_Fox
12-31-2005, 02:01 AM
hawk-bob euker, no one otherHow about Hawk as Hawk?

StockdaleForVeep
12-31-2005, 02:02 AM
How about Hawk as Hawk?

Yea but eukers stats as a player compared to hawk are reason enuff why he should be picked

WhiteSoxFan84
12-31-2005, 02:05 AM
Cotts= Adam Brody

what??? his twin is the dude from smallville, tom welling....

http://www.canadiansbaseball.com/uploadfiles/images/276/Cotts.jpghttp://topcelebrity2.free.fr/welling40.jpg

CanBuehrleWait
12-31-2005, 02:13 AM
Polite= Kevin Costner
:o::o:

So your dooming this wonderful idea to movie bust-dom....
NOOOOOOO......

Soxfanspcu11
12-31-2005, 02:31 AM
:o::o:

So your dooming this wonderful idea to movie bust-dom....
NOOOOOOO......

HAHA! Your SOOOO wrong! Don't you remember Waterworld??!? That movie cleaned up mad style at the box office! I know a guy who saw it once.

But like I said in the thread starter, just tossing out ideas, I'm sure there are much better ones then I mentioned, and that's kinda why I want to see what people come up with. Like the person who posted about that guy from Smallville or whatever looking like Cotts, that was pretty dead on!

Hopefully by the time this thread gets tired and annoying we will have the full cast!

CaptainBallz
12-31-2005, 02:42 AM
Contreras = Seal
Marte= Gary Coleman
Anderson= you know who..!
Jenks= Jack Black ( or K.G. actually)
Iguchi= Jackie chan
Buerhle= Jim Breuer
Hermie= That guy I saw at the bar tonight
Shingo= David Carradine
garcia= The Rock
El Duque= CGI phenomenon only to be shown during ALDS Game 3
Dye= Wesley Snipes
Uribe= Ice Cube
Podsednik= Joaquin Pheonix
Crash= Ewan McGregor
crede= ricky stratton, i mean schroeder
PK= Ray Liotta
Aj= as himself
Ozzie= Ricardo Montalban
KW= Snoop
Reinsdorf= George C. Scott (returning for 1 last special performance)

TheOldRoman
12-31-2005, 03:07 AM
I must say that most of the names thrown around in this thread are HORRIBLE for these roles. Ray Liotta as Konerko? Jack Osbourne as Crede? Snoop Dogg as KW? You've got to be ****ing kidding me.
However, John Leguizamo as Ozzie is dead on.

CaptainBallz
12-31-2005, 03:14 AM
I must say that most of the names thrown around in this thread are HORRIBLE for these roles. Ray Liotta as Konerko? Snoop Dogg as KW? You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

Well, add to the list instead of poo-pooin in my cocoa puffs.

BTW, Ray Liotta would make a BADASS Konerko and I shouldn't have to explain Snoop as KW....

StockdaleForVeep
12-31-2005, 03:24 AM
I must say that most of the names thrown around in this thread are HORRIBLE for these roles. Ray Liotta as Konerko? Jack Osbourne as Crede? Snoop Dogg as KW? You've got to be ****ing kidding me.
I do agree, i wanted to comment, one role for pacino makes him the best figure to be a latino person? This is more a "yeah i wanna put who is cool now and would make the sox hip" type thing. Im surprised i aint seen kanye as some sort of sox role yet for this now becoming stupid concept.

How bout the guy who does the voice of prof. frink in simpsons do willie harris since they do sound similar, or hell, make willie CGI and have the guy who does frink do willies voice, it will only be a few moments anyhow

edit-sigh i see already the first post said kanye for kenny williams....whatever....why not make dave chapelle as ozzie since we're throwin out who's cool now and is humerous

TheOldRoman
12-31-2005, 03:27 AM
Well, add to the list instead of poo-pooin in my cocoa puffs.

BTW, Ray Liotta would make a BADASS Konerko and I shouldn't have to explain Snoop as KW....
Well, Snoop looks nothing like KW, sounds nothing like KW, and would probably be too stoned to remember his lines. Why not just go with Flava Flave?
Ray Liotta doesn't even resemble Konerko the slightest bit. He can act, but he is still not a good choice. The actors don't have to be dead ringers for the players, but they should at least have the same hair and eye color, similar heights and facial features.

StockdaleForVeep
12-31-2005, 03:31 AM
Well, Snoop looks nothing like KW, sounds nothing like KW, and would probably be too stoned to remember his lines. Why not just go with Flava Flave?
Ray Liotta doesn't even resemble Konerko the slightest bit. He can act, but he is still not a good choice. The actors don't have to be dead ringers for the players, but they should at least have the same hair and eye color, similar heights and facial features.
Roman makes good points...i mean hell if u wanna just put people u like into roles because u like em and have no bearing on looks or true aesthetic appeal, then i want tom cruise as ken williams, cuz of his dynamite role of jerry mcguire, he would fit the ideal role of kenny makin his trade

and i say trey parker should be ozzie cuz he can make funny voices

CaptainBallz
12-31-2005, 03:32 AM

Ok, nevermind the Snoop thing...joke was lost. BUT, put a freakin goatee on Liotta, give him some lines, and it could work. Think OUTSIDE the box.......Although, I think Russell Crowe (previously mentioned) is a better option....

TheOldRoman
12-31-2005, 03:34 AM
Ok, nevermind the Snoop thing...joke was lost. BUT, put a freakin goatee on Liotta, give him some lines, and it could work. Think OUTSIDE the box.......Although, I think Russell Crowe (previously mentioned) is a better option....
Russell Crowe, maybe. He wouldn't look like Konerko, but he could pass with a dye job. I am pretty sure Liotta couldn't grow a goatee. Even if he could, he would still look nothing like Paulie.

CaptainBallz
12-31-2005, 03:36 AM
Russell Crowe, maybe. He wouldn't look like Konerko, but he could pass with a dye job. I am pretty sure Liotta couldn't grow a goatee. Even if he could, he would still look nothing like Paulie.

What? Was Liotta waxed at some point?....

StockdaleForVeep
12-31-2005, 03:38 AM

Hey, i cant grow a goatee, just aint happenin

Didnd the grow one tho for one of his no name cop movies he made where naturally he was a crooked cop?

Id rather stay away from liotta, he's made enuff money off the sox name

TheOldRoman
12-31-2005, 03:39 AM
No, I just mean he has a baby face and doesn't look like he is capable of growing facial hair.

I finally thought of one, Ryan Reynolds as Garland.

StockdaleForVeep
12-31-2005, 03:42 AM
How about shingo as shingo, i think the mets dumped him and im sure he could use some work

TheOldRoman
12-31-2005, 03:43 AM
Josh Lucas as Politte.
Eric Bana as Konerko

CaptainBallz
12-31-2005, 03:44 AM
No, I just mean he has a baby face and doesn't look like he is capable of growing facial hair.

I finally thought of one, Ryan Reynolds as Garland.

Good one...

Almost forgot....

Sandy Duncan = Nancy Faust

StockdaleForVeep
12-31-2005, 03:48 AM
Josh Lucas as Politte.
Eric Bana as Konerko

Put a goatee on tom selleck and some lbs, he can be be a 1st base homerun hitter again. This time he'd be takin away from big hurts' play time and nike comercials

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00009AOAW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

bigfoot
12-31-2005, 05:34 AM
Sorry folks, too many of these casting options would make the title of this move;(movie)
"The 2005 Chicago White Sox-The 20 Year Reunion"

4th Gen. Sox Fan
12-31-2005, 08:52 AM
Reinsdorf= George C. Scott (returning for 1 last special performance)

I thought George C. Scott has been dead for 6 years

RallyBowl
12-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Put a goatee on tom selleck and some lbs, he can be be a 1st base homerun hitter again. This time he'd be takin away from big hurts' play time and nike comercials

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00009AOAW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Tom Selleck was born to play one role in this movie-

Jose Valentin.

And I thought your cast was funny, Captainballz.:thumbsup:

Soxzilla
12-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Eric Bana would be a pretty sweet Konerko.

Politte should be played by 'Sloth' from the Goonies.

Even though I believe that actor has been dead for over a decade.

http://www.wam.umd.edu/%7Erbratton/Flogging%20Mollys/Images/politte.jpg

JermaineDye05
12-31-2005, 01:16 PM
Willie Harris- Wesley Snipes

TheDarkGundam
12-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Coop=Michael Chiklis
That would be dead-on.
They look exactly alike.

Bobbo35
12-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Good one...

Almost forgot....

Sandy Duncan = Nancy Faust
Thats a good one right there!!

Bobbo35
12-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Eric Bana would be a pretty sweet Konerko.

Politte should be played by 'Sloth' from the Goonies.

Even though I believe that actor has been dead for over a decade.

http://www.wam.umd.edu/%7Erbratton/Flogging%20Mollys/Images/politte.jpg

That is pretty funny!

"HEY YOU GUYS!"

Young Gun
12-31-2005, 02:40 PM
This thread gave me a good laugh.:D:

The Racehorse
12-31-2005, 04:22 PM
I thought George C. Scott has been dead for 6 years

Hey, listen up... George C. Scott can STILL outperform most of the Hollywood schlock out there. He's The MAN!

:D: :D: :D: :cool:

RallyBowl
12-31-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot this

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54324

TheOldRoman
12-31-2005, 05:06 PM
Russell Crowe as Mark Buehrle
Cuba Gooding Jr as El Duque