PDA

View Full Version : Dayn Perry Rates the Off-Seasons

fox2
12-30-2005, 04:40 PM
FOXSports' Dayn Perry has graded the offseason activities of all 30 MLB teams. For what it's worth, here are his rankings, from best to worst:

White Sox A

A's B+

Yankees B+

Blue Jays B

Diamondbacks B

Dodgers B

Mets B

Brewers B-

Padres B-

Indians C+

Orioles C+

Phillies C+

Rangers C+

Red Sox C+

Reds C+

Royals C+

Angels C

Astros C

Braves C

Devil Rays C

Mariners C

Rockies C

Twins C

Cardinals C-

Nationals C-

Giants D

Marlins D

Pirates D

Tigers D

Cubs D-

Here is the link: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5198892

Rocky Soprano
12-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Overpaid for Konerko and should've dealt Scott Podsednik instead of Rowand. Still, offense should be improved with Thome at DH. Mackowiak will be a highly useful spare part, and the rotation has unparalleled depth after the addition of Javier Vazquez. No one's been bolder than Kenny Williams this winter.

What is his freaking issue with Podsednik?
This is the same guy that keeps ripping him, right?

What a moron!

SouthSide_HitMen
12-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Still bashing Podsednik who "Dayn" calls "The Most Overrated Player in baseball":

Overpaid for Konerko and should've dealt Scott Podsednik instead of Rowand. Still, offense should be improved with Thome at DH. Mackowiak will be a highly useful spare part, and the rotation has unparalleled depth after the addition of Javier Vazquez.

No one's been bolder than Kenny Williams this winter. (Even a blind squirrel can find a nut).

fox2
12-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I usually think he's a jerk too. I just thought the A and D- grades were funny.

delben91
12-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Dayn Perry is slowly becoming a "poor man's moronotti" in my opinion.

Chisox003
12-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Who cares?

I for one, vote to give him the Moron treatment .... ****house this peice of dung

MarySwiss
12-30-2005, 04:55 PM

I was thinking the same exact thing! Maybe the mods should consider automatically relegating his crap to the Roadhouse as well.

OTOH, I believe that's where it ultimately winds up anyway!

BTW, am I the only one who thinks he looks like a vampire? Dude needs to get some sun.

SouthSide_HitMen
12-30-2005, 05:01 PM
I was thinking the same exact thing! Maybe the mods should consider automatically relegating his crap to the Roadhouse as well.

OTOH, I believe that's where it ultimately winds up anyway!

BTW, am I the only one who thinks he looks like a vampire? Dude needs to get some sun.

http://www.the-hud.com/cage/peter2.jpg

Dan Mega
12-30-2005, 05:07 PM

:roflmao:

Or a rich man's Paul Sullivan

delben91
12-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Who cares?

I for one, vote to give him the Moron treatment .... ****house this peice of dung

Look at that, great minds think alike.

I would also like to commend you on your excellent use of "dung" in your post. :redneck

itsnotrequired
12-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Have to agree with most of his rankings, especially the Sox and Cubs. Kenny went all out and improved a team that was already pretty dang good. The Cubs are a team with massive holes that hasn't done a thing to improve their situation. Cubs are a team that usually gets high rankings just for being the Cubs.

Oh wait, it is rumored that Maquis Grissom is moving to the team. Yet another ex-Brewer due to play in a Cubs outfield. Look for him in Baltimore in a couple years.

:rolleyes:

skobabe8
12-30-2005, 06:13 PM
The fact that he graded us the best really makes me worry.

StillMissOzzie
12-30-2005, 10:12 PM
Still bashing Podsednik who "Dayn" calls "The Most Overrated Player in baseball":

Overpaid for Konerko and should've dealt Scott Podsednik instead of Rowand. Still, offense should be improved with Thome at DH. Mackowiak will be a highly useful spare part, and the rotation has unparalleled depth after the addition of Javier Vazquez.

No one's been bolder than Kenny Williams this winter. (Even a blind squirrel can find a nut).

Isn't this the jerk who panned the Sox last year? IMHO, he's lost credibility, even when I agree with what he says.
How did the Sox overpay for Konerko if they matched another team's bid?
And yes, he had no respect for Pods last year so why care what he thinks about Pods now?
Blind squirrel, indeed.

SMO
:gulp:

ChiSoxLifer
12-30-2005, 10:31 PM
He's also the guy who ranked the tribe as the #1 team for 2006 right after the White Sox won the World Series. Almost, sounds like he's doing a little backtracking. His "Zoolander" picture looks pretty hilarious.

SouthSide_HitMen
12-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Isn't this the jerk who panned the Sox last year? IMHO, he's lost credibility, even when I agree with what he says.
How did the Sox overpay for Konerko if they matched another team's bid?
And yes, he had no respect for Pods last year so why care what he thinks about Pods now?
Blind squirrel, indeed.

SMO
:gulp:

I thought Anaheim (or Baltimore) offered more ($1 mil per year if IRC) than Chicago. I suspect if Anaheim signed him he would be gaga over the move and rip the White Sox for losing him.

MisterB
12-31-2005, 02:59 AM
According to this clown, Paul Konerko at $12m/year is overpaid, but Rafael Furcal at $13m/year "is going to look like a bargain very soon". :rolleyes:

StockdaleForVeep
12-31-2005, 03:44 AM
I wonder if cubs had landed furcal how would they had been rated, regardless they made a decent pickup for leadoff.

But they def need help in OF, the score had it right today, who will have more homers, dye or the entire cub outfield combined

KyWhiSoxFan
12-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Yeah, this guy must be a nut. He picked the Sox as having the best offseason. He has no idea what he is talking about.

Hitmen77
12-31-2005, 04:06 PM
I hate the Cubs as much as anyone here, but why is he giving the Cubs a lower offseason grade than the Marlins??

SABRSox
12-31-2005, 09:28 PM
According to this clown, Paul Konerko at $12m/year is overpaid, but Rafael Furcal at $13m/year "is going to look like a bargain very soon". :rolleyes:

He must be working for the Dodgers organization, because nobody else in baseball would believe that statement.

soxfan43
12-31-2005, 10:14 PM
He also said he thinks juan pierre is overrated as well. he's obviously got something against fast lead off hitters, I think the steroids are clouding his brain.

StillMissOzzie
12-31-2005, 10:52 PM
I thought Anaheim (or Baltimore) offered more ($1 mil per year if IRC) than Chicago. I suspect if Anaheim signed him he would be gaga over the move and rip the White Sox for losing him.

I am tempted to call in the teal police for misuse of teal here. You just might be 100% on the mark.

SMO
:o: