PDA

View Full Version : All-time rage inducer?


Nellie_Fox
12-28-2001, 01:45 AM
The Navarro/Clayton thread got me to wondering. I'm a guy who tries to support people wearing Sox regalia, but over the years there have been a few who sent me into apoplexy by merely appearing on the field.

So, my question is, who among Sox players, all time, most incurred your wrath? I'm not talking about who is the worst player you've ever seen in a Sox uni. Some really bad players didn't whip me into a rage. My personal nominee is Juan Agosto. He wasn't just bad; he was bad for years.

WinningUgly!
12-28-2001, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
The Navarro/Clayton thread got me to wondering. I'm a guy who tries to support people wearing Sox regalia, but over the years there have been a few who sent me into apoplexy by merely appearing on the field.

So, my question is, who among Sox players, all time, most incurred your wrath? I'm not talking about who is the worst player you've ever seen in a Sox uni. Some really bad players didn't whip me into a rage. My personal nominee is Juan Agosto. He wasn't just bad; he was bad for years.

Melido Perez! :angry: The guy had great stuff at times & was lucky to get out of the 1st inning at other times. I verbally abused poor Melido for years. :D:

cheeses_h_rice
12-28-2001, 10:04 AM
Jaime Navarro, hands down.

Then again, I was less than a die-hard fan through about '94, so I'm sure I missed some bums along the way.

Cheryl
12-28-2001, 10:33 AM
I had a Melido Perez voodoo doll, so I guess I hated him even more than I hated Jaime Navarro.

oldcomiskey
12-28-2001, 10:49 AM
I forgot about Perez---Paquel's bro I believe----but he did throw a no-hitter at one time

Wayne Tolleson and Joey Cora and George Foster
Luis Alverado---who we traded Apericio for the aforementioned Clayton v. Navarro--who was that guy who started that junk about the choice--he should be banne-----oops.
others whom I have hated include Bee Bee Richard and the great Jerry Royster--and lets not forget although we try real hard ----the idiot Gary Redus

PaleHoseGeorge
12-28-2001, 10:58 AM
I think Navarro is in a league of his own. The guy was terrible yet repeatedly blamed his teammates across three seasons.

Others I wished played for somebody else...

Steve Sax, Cory Snyder, Mike Deveraux, Ricky Horton, Adam Peterson, and (of course) Royce Clayton.

However my personal First Runner Up goes to outfielder Mike Huff. The guy sucked yet his father would call into the Score and make the case for why Li'l Mikey ought to get more playing time. I swear the Sox were keeping him around just because some people on the radio honestly thought he had some talent. I'll never figure that one out.

oldcomiskey
12-28-2001, 11:06 AM
first of all when we got Sax he was still a decent little player--he had a terrible year in 92--then in 93 he made a flippant remark about the IF situation----Ozzie was coming back and the Sox had Joey Cora---Sax told the press with a michchievous way that he was making too much money to be benched but the Great Chicago media blew it out of proportion and Gene Lamont took it the wrong way--as he did in game 1 of the ALCS against Toronto by letting Cora bat in the late innings with Sax, Bell, and Bo on the bench--the Sox lost that game by I think 1 run--then lost the playoff series in 6 games

Lamont and Sleepy Bevington therefore go on My Special List for manangers--and yes that is spelled right--its my word for managers who have incurred My Wrath

oldcomiskey
12-28-2001, 11:08 AM
and Cory Snyder=--well blame that one on Walt Hriniak the Sox hitting coach who took Lau's theory a bit too far

RedPinStripes
12-28-2001, 12:14 PM
Nyone remember Adam Peterson? The guy who puked on the mound because he swallowed his snuff. That was too funny and that just made me think he was a bigger idiot. That guy should have never mde the roster in 90-91.

WinningUgly!
12-28-2001, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I forgot about Perez---Paquel's bro I believe----but he did throw a no-hitter at one time

Wayne Tolleson and Joey Cora and George Foster
Luis Alverado---who we traded Apericio for the aforementioned Clayton v. Navarro--who was that guy who started that junk about the choice--he should be banne-----oops.
others whom I have hated include Bee Bee Richard and the great Jerry Royster--and lets not forget although we try real hard ----the idiot Gary Redus

Melido's no-no was a cheapy...rain-shortened, 5 innings.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-28-2001, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Anyone remember Adam Peterson? The guy who puked on the mound because he swallowed his snuff. That was too funny and that just made me think he was a bigger idiot. That guy should have never mde the roster in 90-91.

Peterson made my list. Another one I forgot to add was Chris Sabo. He obviously wasn't corking his bat when he played for the Sox!

:slowswing
"Nobody had better touch my supply!"

doublem23
12-28-2001, 12:35 PM
Hmmm... I've can only remember back to '93, but if all-time, is the question, how about Sleepy Bill Burns (was that his name?), the guy who ruined the Sox back in 1919???

But of those that I remember, Chris Snopek, Royce Clayton, Matt Karchner, and Albert Belle all have "special" places in my heart, but Navarro has to take the cake....

And who can forget Terry Bevington???

Man, if I can only remember a little under a decade of Sox baseball, and I can already be this pissed off at this many people, this Sox fandom is going to kill me.....

RedPinStripes
12-28-2001, 12:48 PM
We forget about Ken Harrelson. He might be ok in the booth, but I still look down on him for being the worst Sox GM in my time. It didn't take him long to f___k everything up.

WinningUgly!
12-28-2001, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
We forget about Ken Harrelson. He might be ok in the booth, but I still look down on him for being the worst Sox GM in my time . It didn't take him long to f___k everything up.


:KW
"I thought I had that title!"

Paulwny
12-28-2001, 01:08 PM
Navarro most hated
Biggest disappointment, Steve "Rainbow" Trout, all the hype, one decent season, couldn't keep his head in the game, drove Fisk crazy.

SOXSINCE'70
12-28-2001, 01:30 PM
My choices:

1.Navarro
2.Cory Snyder
3.Dan Pasqua (pass the hoochie
on the left hand side.UPS trucks are a baaaaaddd thing).
4.Melido Perez
5.Adam Peterson
6.Eric King
7.Carlos Martinez
8.Lenny Billiams (i mean Kenny Williams)
9.Ron Scheuler
10.Tie- Scott Ruffcorn/ Mike Bertotti

RedPinStripes
12-28-2001, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!



:KW
"I thought I had that title!"


I wouldn't give KW the title yet. He's working hard at it though.

Nellsin
12-28-2001, 01:36 PM
Another vote for Navarro. The combination of consistently horrible performance and a pathological personality is hard to beat.

oldcomiskey
12-28-2001, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
We forget about Ken Harrelson. He might be ok in the booth, but I still look down on him for being the worst Sox GM in my time. It didn't take him long to f___k everything up.

the team was messed up before Hawk took over--remember 1984

WinningUgly!
12-28-2001, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Nellsin
Another vote for Navarro. The combination of consistently horrible performance and a pathological personality is hard to beat.

I think Navarro is everybody's first choice. Maybe we need to call this thing the Jamie Navarro award & pick somebody other than him for it. I'm sticking with Melido Perez, but sheesh, some of the names is this thread are starting to make my head hurt! :(:

Cheryl
12-28-2001, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by doublem23



And who can forget Terry Bevington???



You guys stink. I had completely repressed all memory of him. Thanks a lot.

Sleepy Bill Burns never played for the Sox. If you want to blame anyone for '19 (and can only pick one person out of scores) why not Gandil? He's the one who talked to the gamblers initially.

czalgosz
12-28-2001, 02:25 PM
I'm amazed that noone's mentioned Steve Lyons - or did he not make enough of an impact for anyone to work up any emotion about it...

I remember Mike Huff with his peculiar batting stance - he looked like he was taking a dump on the field.

Cory Snyder made me completely crazy. God, he was awful. He hit like Royce Clayton and fielded like Carlos Lee.

Bobby Thigpen (the later years) has to make my list. I used to start crying when he started warming in the pen.

Sammy Sosa. When he was with the Sox, it was painful to watch him swing.

Carlos Martinez - couldn't hit, couldn't field, couldn't run. The last 3B in the long list of failures before Ventura came along.

Jerry_Manuel
12-28-2001, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Albert Belle all have "special" places in my heart



Am I the only person who likes Belle? Oh well, I always liked guys like him.

Cheryl
12-28-2001, 03:09 PM
I love Steve Lyons! I loved it when he pulled his pants down on the field. I loved it when he kissed Pudge on the lips after his 300th homer. I loved the way he...okay, maybe he was a crappy player. But he's funny.

Daver
12-28-2001, 04:55 PM
Gotta be Navarro,hands down.

Terry Beavington wasn't just bad,he was also stupid,the white version of Homey D Clown.

RedPinStripes
12-28-2001, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey


the team was messed up before Hawk took over--remember 1984

Really? Wasn't Harrelson the one that broke up that 83 team and made the average age of the players 35? Wonder why he didn't last long. He is the wordt GM in my book, but not the most hated. Navarro has to get that title.

doublem23
12-28-2001, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Sleepy Bill Burns never played for the Sox. If you want to blame anyone for '19 (and can only pick one person out of scores) why not Gandil? He's the one who talked to the gamblers initially.

No, I'm pretty sure Sleepy Bill Burns played for the Sox, but by 1919, he was out of baseball, well, the on-field part of it, anyways...

According to the 2001 White Sox Media guide, "Sleepy" Bill Burns played for the Sox from 1909-1910...

Yeah, Gandil's up there too.

Cheryl
12-28-2001, 05:28 PM
I stand corrected then.

Still, if we're blaming only one guy for '19, I'd pick Gandil.

doublem23
12-28-2001, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
I stand corrected then.

Still, if we're blaming only one guy for '19, I'd pick Gandil.

Sounds good to me... You can also make a strong case for Comiskey, too.

DVG
12-29-2001, 02:58 AM
This is a difficult topic, mainly because there are so many bad Sox to choose from. My unfavorite of Sox history would be Chick
Gandil because he was the ringleader of the Black Sox. He was
crooked through and through, he didn't need Comiskey or any
other owner to stoke the fires of his greed.

The one I couldn't stand to see in my lifetime was Bobby Thig-
pen. 57 saves, heck. I was never happy to see that gas can
come in. You never knew when he was going to get lit up. Kevin
Bell was always good for a few laughs, too.

My UNfavorite manager, hands down, was Terry Bevington. I
don't know who in the front office thought he could manage.
Terry would have been better off if he had succeeded Ribbie
and Roobarb as the official dim-witted doofus mascot of the Sox.

DVG
12-29-2001, 03:19 AM
:moron




I'm glad you cretinous Scum Sox fans are talking about this!!!! My all-time rage inducer??? Who else??? That unspeakably vile, rotten, hell-spawned, blasphemous son of Satan!!!! Josama bin Valentin!!!!! He mocked the Son of God!!!! OK, he mocked my Sammy, but close enough!!! His unspeakable blasphemy makes me so angry I go into fits of rage at the very thought!!!!

ihatethecubs
12-29-2001, 07:36 PM
looking back at all those crap names made me remember 1999. remember all the garbage pitchers we had? david lundquist, bryan ward, todd rizzo, pat daneker. i hated lundquist the most if i remember correctly one game he gave up a game winning grand slam to harold baines in baltimore.

Soxheads
12-30-2001, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
looking back at all those crap names made me remember 1999. remember all the garbage pitchers we had? david lundquist, bryan ward, todd rizzo, pat daneker. i hated lundquist the most if i remember correctly one game he gave up a game winning grand slam to harold baines in baltimore.

I have a baseball autographed by Ward. It was worth more before the autograph.

Personally, for me Craig Grebeck (sp?) took the cake.

Huisj
12-30-2001, 06:58 PM
Man this is tough. Steve Lyons always makes me mad just because he blew the first sox game i ever went to with a horrendously stupid defensive play, and then the next game i saw melido perez got beat by charlie hough (i think perez walked like 7 guys, he couldn't throw a strike to save his life in that game). All those bad relief pitchers sure sucked, but i can't exactly call them hated, because they were a small part of those lousy seasons. I do remember that grand slam off lundquist though, and since harold has always been my favorite player, i didn't really know whether to cheer or be mad.

However, i think bevington gets the nod. Calling in a reliever who isn't warming up, and appearing to be asleep at crucial points and blowing up all the sudden about stupid stuff, and just always making dumb decisions, and then acting pissed about them. man he sucked.

oh, and another of the revolving door of bad pitchers--remember the lefty tom fordham? he always sucked in the bullpen, so logically they gave him a start :?: and he threw 12 high fastballs in a row and walked three guys, and then got taken out. he was pitiful.

and how about scott eyre? seemed to havea great arm, but he couldn't get it to make the same motion twice in a row. he threw with a different arm angle on each pitch, except that it wasn't on purpose like el duque and other do.

how about tony castillo. sox picked him up from toronto for luis andujar i think in '96, and pitched pretty good the rest of that year. the next year he was pitiful for a lefty reliever, and then in '98 he posted an 8 era before calling it quits. i'm not sure he cracked 85 on the radar gun the whole time he was with the sox.

how about the other castillo, carlos? seemed pretty promising in '97 when he had a mid 4 era as a 22 year old, and then his era continued to climb each year along with his weight.

getting off of relievers, i agree on the carlos martinez thing. he was so big, and yet so crappy. i guess he did hit .300 one year, but he did nothing else. anyone remember him running over fisk on a foul pop up? man, fisk was pissed.

oh, and another great relief name of the past that i just remembered, larry thomas. and tim fortungo. and jeff darwin. and brian keyser. and joe magrane. man, we've had some interesting bullpens over the last 10 years.

what a long post. geez.

SOXSINCE'70
12-30-2001, 07:53 PM
Please don't remind me!!!!!!

PS-I was at the game where Berry Tevington brought in an ice cold Foulke to pitch to the Tribe.My friend and I immediately left the game.Good thing,too.The tribe scored at least 8 times and killed us!!



:bundy

Soxheads
12-30-2001, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70
Please don't remind me!!!!!!

PS-I was at the game where Berry Tevington brought in an ice cold Foulke to pitch to the Tribe.My friend and I immediately left the game.Good thing,too.The tribe scored at least 8 times and killed us!!



:bundy

Was this a different Foulke? I'm a youngin, so i'm not sure....

Jerry_Manuel
12-30-2001, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Was this a different Foulke? I'm a youngin, so i'm not sure....

No, Keith pitched for the Sox in 1997.

Foulke profile (http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5/5817/career.html)

Soxheads
12-30-2001, 09:37 PM
Thanks.

dugwood31
12-31-2001, 12:59 AM
Navarro and Snyder leap to the top for me. Josh Paul is working his way onto my list already. He can run, alright. Too bad he can't hit, catch, etc.

FarWestChicago
12-31-2001, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by dugwood31
Josh Paul is working his way onto my list already. He can run, alright. Too bad he can't hit, catch, etc. Too bad he can't think while he's running.

LongDistanceFan
12-31-2001, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl
I love Steve Lyons! I loved it when he pulled his pants down on the field. I loved it when he kissed Pudge on the lips after his 300th homer. I loved the way he...okay, maybe he was a crappy player. But he's funny. it was clearly a publicity stunt to promote him self.........

LongDistanceFan
12-31-2001, 01:41 AM
for me its hard to seperate so here it goes.
1. playing now......... royce
2. saw played.......... jaime n and darrin jackson.
3. managers.......... terry hands down
but if it only one person, regardless of the position or anything but is sox related.......... then it has to go to KW.

chisox59
12-31-2001, 03:26 AM
As an older Sox fan....my vote goes to former
GM Ed Short.....for trading Pierce, Aparicio and
Fox in consecutive years. The only player we
received of any consequence was Hoyt Wilhelm.
I notice that no one has mentioned Jerry
Reinsdorf!!!

FarWestChicago
12-31-2001, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by chisox59
As an older Sox fan....my vote goes to former
GM Ed Short.....for trading Pierce, Aparicio and
Fox in consecutive years. The only player we
received of any consequence was Hoyt Wilhelm.
I notice that no one has mentioned Jerry
Reinsdorf!!! Welcome to WSI, chisox59! :gulp:

It's nice to have another "older" fan around. There aren't enough of us. :smile:

SOXSINCE'70
12-31-2001, 08:02 AM
Too bad I was born in 1962.Guess I don't qualify as an
"older Sox fan".

LongDistanceFan
12-31-2001, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Welcome to WSI, chisox59! :gulp:

It's nice to have another "older" fan around. There aren't enough of us. :smile: define what you consider is old:)

1962 here.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-31-2001, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70
:fsock :beer



Too bad I was born in 1962.Guess I don't qualify as an
"older Sox fan".

You're older than you think, '70! the big four-oh is coming fast!

It's okay. I had mine last September.

:gulp:

oldcomiskey
12-31-2001, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


You're older than you think, '70! the big four-oh is coming fast!

It's okay. I had mine last September.

:gulp:

George. trust me---40 is old--I know cause Im 39 and Ill say this much ---I aint as good as I once was--but Im as good once as I ever was--in other words I used to be able to do it all night---now it takes me all night to do it

A friend of mine was telling me the other day he took a Viagra to keep from rolling out of bed----so I guess I dont feel so old

bjmarte
12-31-2001, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey


George. trust me---40 is old--I know cause Im 39 and Ill say this much ---I aint as good as I once was--but Im as good once as I ever was--in other words I used to be able to do it all night---now it takes me all night to do it

A friend of mine was telling me the other day he took a Viagra to keep from rolling out of bed----so I guess I dont feel so old

I once heard an old guy say, "I used to be fast but now I'm only half fast."

It's funny, but only when you say it out loud.

Paulwny
12-31-2001, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey



A friend of mine was telling me the other day he took a Viagra to keep from rolling out of bed

I'll have to to try that.

SOXSINCE'70
12-31-2001, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


You're older than you think, '70! the big four-oh is coming fast!

It's okay. I had mine last September.

:gulp:


June of 2002. :whiner:

CiscoCarlos
01-04-2002, 03:43 PM
This is my first posting and it's a tough one because there's so many to pick from over the years. For me, October 19, 1978 was the day that will live in infamy--the day that Veeck named beloved Cubbie Don Kessinger as manager of the Sox. It seemed a transparent ploy to get more disgruntled Cub fans to come to old Comiskey at the expense of Sox fans wishes.

I had long hated the overrated Kessinger and it was annoying enough that they had a Don Kessinger Night at Comiskey Park on September 8, 1978 to honor all his greatness as a Cub, but naming him manager took the cake. He had no experience here and it quickly showed. His pitching changes were even worse than Larry Doby's. It was even more annoying than the pick-up of a similarly washed up :angry: Ran Santo in 1975 for basically the same reasons--to get all those unwanted Cubbie fans to transfer over to Comiskey.

A better day was on August 2, 1979 when Kessinger was forced to step down. The only problem with the good news that day was it was tempered by the death of Thurman Munson in a plane crash.

FarWestChicago
01-04-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by CiscoCarlos
This is my first postingWelcome to WSI, CC! :gulp:

Weren't you having problems posting?

balz1472
01-04-2002, 03:57 PM
How 'bout our good old buddy... Mr. Jerry Reinsdorf?

I would think he may be the ultimate rage inducer just based on the fact that he is the reason us Sox fans are looking around almost every year as all the other clubs fill holes and we sit hit with our ... in our hands doing nothing!

Just an idea.

Moses_Scurry
01-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Most wrath-inducing position player: Donnie Hill - I don't think I ever actually saw this guy get a hit in the two or three years he was on the team. He was a bigger rally-killer than Singleton!!

Most wrath-inducing pitcher: easily Bobby Thigpen - 57 or not, I was at a game in old comiskey the year he got his 57 and with two outs in the ninth and a 2-0 lead on the Angels, he walked a guy, gave up a hit, and then with two strikes, gave up a 3-run shot. I've hated him ever since!

oldcomiskey
01-04-2002, 04:17 PM
how bout not---all hes done is brought in Albert Belle and Ellis Burks and Carlton Fisk and others to help us win--last year it was Boomer----

balz1472
01-04-2002, 04:47 PM
alright so he brought those guys in and where have we gained anything significant from it?

i haven't seen any of them lead us to a championship.

oldcomiskey
01-04-2002, 07:00 PM
but you got to admit that these players havent hurt our chances either--to, blame JR with the ills of the Sox is silly

FarWestChicago
01-04-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
but you got to admit that these players havent hurt our chances either--to, blame JR with the ills of the Sox is silly In my line of work, management, the responsibility for the success or failure of a group falls at the feet of the person in charge. You are paid to make sure your group succeeds.

czalgosz
01-04-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
In my line of work, management, the responsibility for the success or failure of a group falls at the feet of the person in charge. You are paid to make sure your group succeeds.

so who do we blame, then, Manuel or Williams or Schueler, the guy who put most of the group together?

We can blame Frank Thomas, Paul Konerko, Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Lee and Ray Durham, for going a combined 6-for-50 during the 2000 ALDS. We can blame Keith Foulke for giving up three huge runs during the late innings of that series. It's hard to blame Jerry Reiinsdorf for that.

Daver
01-04-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz


so who do we blame, then, Manuel or Williams or Schueler, the guy who put most of the group together?

We can blame Frank Thomas, Paul Konerko, Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Lee and Ray Durham, for going a combined 6-for-50 during the 2000 ALDS. We can blame Keith Foulke for giving up three huge runs during the late innings of that series. It's hard to blame Jerry Reiinsdorf for that.

And you can't fire the owner,ask Denny Green.

oldcomiskey
01-04-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
In my line of work, management, the responsibility for the success or failure of a group falls at the feet of the person in charge. You are paid to make sure your group succeeds.

Just ask Alvin and his chipmunks

oldcomiskey
01-04-2002, 11:53 PM
you gotta ask yourself too whose name brings up the worst memories of when you told your friends who werent Sox fans that you are one

For me it was Dybzinski---especially after his blunder in 83 cost us a run and maybe a trip to Philly

voodoochile
01-05-2002, 12:29 AM
Player? Navarro hands down. No one mentioned Matt Karchner. I'm surprised. He could blow a lead faster than anyone I've ever seen. Glad to see someone remembers Tony Castillo. He is the only Sox player I ever booed live at the park.

Manager? Bevington easily.

I am in that late 30's crowd also. May 2003 for me is the big turnover date. (Why is it so hard to say I will be turning 4...4...4... Can't even type it properly). Oh well, I have a philosophy on b-days. Celebrate every year, but only change your age once a decade. This was my last year for 29. Next May I turn 39 for the first time...

voodoochile
01-05-2002, 12:31 AM
Some recent players:

Josh Paul, Royce Claton, Slappy, Ken Hill (nice smile, Kenny, try and get the next guy out please... pretty please...)

SOXSINCE'70
01-05-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Player? Navarro hands down. No one mentioned Matt Karchner. I'm surprised. He could blow a lead faster than anyone I've ever seen. Glad to see someone remembers Tony Castillo. He is the only Sox player I ever booed live at the park.

Manager? Bevington easily.

I am in that late 30's crowd also. May 2003 for me is the big turnover date. (Why is it so hard to say I will be turning 4...4...4... Can't even type it properly). Oh well, I have a philosophy on b-days. Celebrate every year, but only change your age once a decade. This was my last year for 29. Next May I turn 39 for the first time...

You are forgetting yet another Castillo.Carlos Castillo.The man who asked the fans if we'd boo if Burger king made our hamburger wrong.
I wonder if Osuna is related to him.They both have pretty fat kiesters. TRhings that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

Impeach Jay Scumbagotti before he writes again!!

RichH55
01-08-2002, 12:55 AM
Funny that no one mentioned Wil Cordero.....he didn't help the team really, what the hell was that? Maybe he was brought in for community women relations Navarro and Royce of course as well...but Wil is fun to boo "My Wife is going to pay for that!"

RichH55
01-08-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Am I the only person who likes Belle? Oh well, I always liked guys like him.

I'm with you here Jerry....I swear that when Belle played here the moron had a column on file bashing the guy just to speed up the process of denoucing Belle regardless of what happened. Belle wasn't media friendly, and not real personable; fair enough....that isn't the mans job--how about a little objectivity....Didn't he prepare for the game and compete when he played as hard as anyone you have seen? And what was wrong with the play with Vina at 2B? I've said time and time again if that is Cal Ripken who runs over Vina we make him a damn hero for playing the game "the way it was meant to be played" Guy could never get the respect he deserved...that and a bum hip and No Hall of Fame for you

Nellie_Fox
01-08-2002, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
Didn't he prepare for the game and compete when he played as hard as anyone you have seen
His first year with the Sox was so embarassing for the money, that he should have taken a pay cut, or at the very least after having a good second year, waived his "top three paid players" provision to pay the Sox back for how bad he was the first year.