PDA

View Full Version : Call to Sox army

WinOrDyeTrying
12-30-2005, 02:48 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/ (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/)

Vote best sport moment of 2005. We're only at about 53%

ShoelessJoeS
12-30-2005, 02:56 PM
I was hoping Derrek Lee's Triple Crown chase would be an option.

chisoxfanatic
12-30-2005, 03:57 PM
It's in the bag! :cool:

MarySwiss
12-30-2005, 04:15 PM
You know, really, somebody over at that rag is certifiably insane! How can they even ASK such a dead-on stupid question? :o:

cheeses_h_rice
12-30-2005, 04:18 PM
But, y'know, it was just so, so stirring watching Ryno's HOF induction speech...

MarySwiss
12-30-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm surprised they didn't include any of Carrie's simulated wins! Sheesh!

And I wonder why we haven't heard from Hangar on this yet?

Fenway
12-30-2005, 04:26 PM
I was going to vote for

Ronnie "Woo-Woo" Wickers is found alive after a nationwide search after his wife reported him missing

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_194150958.html

CaptainBallz
12-30-2005, 04:58 PM
You know, really, somebody over at that rag is certifiably insane! How can they even ASK such a dead-on stupid question? :o:

My thoughts exactly. I guess since they phrase it as "your favorite..." and not "the best..." they can get away with dropping that turd of a question. Even if Da Bears go to Da Big Dance, that'll be in '06, leaving only one Chicago sports story in '05 worth talking about.

WinOrDyeTrying
12-30-2005, 08:19 PM
What the hell? How are we losing ground? Is there some phantom army out there?

IronFisk
12-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Amazing it's even this close - but consider how many other fans are out there. I'm sure there are a boatload of Illini fans that thought LOSING a final was heaven - and they probably could care less about the Sox. Then there are the sCrUB fans. Whatever.

Hey, on the NATIONAL level, this IS the #1 sports story of the year. Nuff said!

SouthSide_HitMen
12-30-2005, 09:06 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-051230jauss,1,5049583.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

White Sox have nearly half the votes.

Former Chicago Daily News writer (and Sportswriter on TV) Bill Jauss, greateest friend to all offensive linemen, retires after 50 years.(article link above)

Best of 50 years (according to Jauss)

Owners and executives

Bill Veeck, former White Sox owner: Charming huckster. He provided great copy even when you knew he was using you.

All-around good guys

Ozzie Guillen: He's crazy like a fox, and he believes baseball still should be fun.

Cheers :gulp:

Frankfan4life
12-30-2005, 09:13 PM
What the hell? How are we losing ground? Is there some phantom army out there?I've already put in close to 300 votes. Someone was trying to vote up Ryne Sandberg. But, I think they gave up. :smile: The White Sox Army is too tough for them!

MarySwiss
12-30-2005, 09:13 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-051230jauss,1,5049583.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

White Sox have nearly half the votes.

Well, how weird and scary is that? NEARLY HALF THE VOTES? Oh, please!The Sox should have 100% of the votes. I mean, I loved what the Illini did, but c'mon!

Someone should take out an ad in that pathetic rag that reads,

PEOPLE! LISTEN UP! THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX JUST WON THE WORLD SERIES! DID YOU GET THAT?

Sheesh!

Frankfan4life
12-30-2005, 09:17 PM
We're getting closer to 50% again. C'mon let's do this!

MarySwiss
12-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Well, you know what? At some point, we need to just rise above all this crap. After all, who the hell cares about some lame-ass stupid-ass Tribune pool? (Other than lame-ass, stupid-ass Cub fans?) The joke's on them. Actually, the joke IS them.

So I'm dealing myself out of these moronic pools. That is, unless the Trib starts a pool about whether they should fold up their pitiful operation and move to Antartica. Then I'll chime in with a resounding YES!

Frankfan4life
12-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Well, you know what? At some point, we need to just rise above all this crap. After all, who the hell cares about some lame-ass stupid-ass Tribune pool? (Other than lame-ass, stupid-ass Cub fans?) The joke's on them. Actually, the joke IS them.

So I'm dealing myself out of these moronic pools. That is, unless the Trib starts a pool about whether they should fold up their pitiful operation and move to Antartica. Then I'll chime in with a resounding YES!It's really a no-win situation. If Sox fans don't vote, then they say Sox fans don't care about their team. If we do vote, they say "who cares?"

I vote in these polls because I don't like giving the Trib or anyone else the satisfaction of saying, Sox fans don't care about their team and I also like winning! :D:

MarySwiss
12-30-2005, 09:46 PM
It's really a no-win situation. If Sox fans don't vote, then they say Sox fans don't care about their team. If we do vote, they say "who cares?"

I vote in these polls because I don't like giving the Trib or anyone else the satisfaction of saying, Sox fans don't care about their team and I also like winning! :D:

I vote in these pools for the very same reason. But I think that at some point we need to stand up and say we don't give a fat rat's ass WHAT the Tribune or anyone else thinks.

My question is, "Are we at that point yet?" I think we are, or at least we should be.

I like winning too, Frankfan. And guess what? :D:

WinOrDyeTrying
12-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Ok we are back at 50%

Frankfan4life
12-30-2005, 10:08 PM
I vote in these pools for the very same reason. But I think that at some point we need to stand up and say we don't give a fat rat's ass WHAT the Tribune or anyone else thinks.

My question is, "Are we at that point yet?" I think we are, or at least we should be.

I like winning too, Frankfan. And guess what? :D:Yes, the Sox covet the biggest prize in baseball right now and I'm very happy about that, too. But I'm still going to keep plugging away at the media bias that has effectively discouraged and disparaged what I feel is one of the biggest and most loyal fan bases in baseball. I guess I won't be content until the media realizes or, more accurately, admits that Sox fans are a force in this town.

Frankfan4life
12-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Ok we are back at 50%WTG Winordyetrying! I accidently shut myself out of the voting by refreshing the screen. Thanks for taking up the slack.

WinOrDyeTrying
12-30-2005, 10:12 PM
We leave no man behind...

batmanZoSo
12-30-2005, 10:42 PM
We got the plurality and the majority. No way we were ever gonna lose this one.

Fake Chet Lemon
12-31-2005, 12:14 AM

So I'm dealing myself out of these moronic pools.

Are you implying that you actually have something better to do?!!! How dare you. :D:

spiffie
12-31-2005, 12:54 AM
To be fair, the question on the page is actually "What was your favorite sports moment of 2005" rather than which is the best. And for a lot of folks who follow the wrong team in Chicago, I really doubt October was a good month for them.

kevin57
12-31-2005, 11:18 AM
It's really a no-win situation. If Sox fans don't vote, then they say Sox fans don't care about their team. If we do vote, they say "who cares?"

Or it would be said that Sox fans don't know how to use computers because they all live in rat-infested slums, drinking cheap beer in a wife-beater tee. :mad:

Chitown Hitmen
12-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Well, how weird and scary is that? NEARLY HALF THE VOTES? Oh, please!The Sox should have 100% of the votes. I mean, I loved what the Illini did, but c'mon!

Someone should take out an ad in that pathetic rag that reads,

PEOPLE! LISTEN UP! THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX JUST WON THE WORLD SERIES! DID YOU GET THAT?

Sheesh!

Yeah but there's also die-hard cub's fans, and non-baseball people who love basketball or football.