PDA

View Full Version : Thank you White Sox

markr5353
12-30-2005, 08:33 AM
Thank you White Sox for a thrill of a lifetime in 2005.

soxrme
12-30-2005, 09:07 AM
Thank you White Sox for a thrill of a lifetime in 2005.
The Score had a segment this morning to pick the moment of the year, I thought how could you only pick one. Crede-Cleveland home run, El Duque in Boston, AJ - strike three, Pods,Blume, Konerko,Crede - home runs. All make 2005 the thrill of a lifetime:bandance:

gowhitesox
12-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Thank You White Sox for a dream come true in 2005. It would be hard to pick just one White Sox moment in 2005.

THANK YOU
WHITE SOX!!!

soxfan13
12-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Too many to pick!!! The whole season was one big highlight. Thank you White Sox

Chez
12-30-2005, 10:09 AM
I honestly never thought this would happen in my lifetime. The long wait made it that much sweeter. Thank you White Sox.

spawn
12-30-2005, 10:20 AM
The moment of the year for me happened in Game 4 of the WS. It was Uribe going into the stands to catch that popup. For me, it symbolized that full tilt, all out, never give up, die trying mentality that permeated the team the entire season. I swear, every thime I see that play, I get choked up. As soon as I saw he made that catch, even though it was the second out of the 9th, I knew right then and there the Championship was ours.

ilsox7
12-30-2005, 10:28 AM
"OUT, OUT, a White Sox winner and a World Championship! The White Sox have won the World Series!"

There were many terrific moments, but they all led up to that one instance.

TornLabrum
12-30-2005, 11:02 AM
"OUT, OUT, a White Sox winner and a World Championship! The White Sox have won the World Series!"

There were many terrific moments, but they all led up to that one instance.

We have a winner!

BNLSox
12-30-2005, 11:04 AM
I think the sweetest moment was when the National Anthem began before game 1. I was there with my Dad and Uncle who have fruitlessly lived and died with this team since the mid 50's when they were little boys.

The second they opened up that huge flag we could all feel that we were at the world series and couldn't help but cry tears of joy. Getting choked up typing this now.

DenverSock
12-30-2005, 11:09 AM
I honestly never thought this would happen in my lifetime. The long wait made it that much sweeter. Thank you White Sox.

I also thought I'd never see it in my lifetime, I thought my kids would never see it. I had half-a-lifetime's worth of dissappointments and heartbreak, escecially '83. Now to see it and to see it in the fashion in which it occurred was incredible. Thank you Ozzie, Kenny, Paulie, Joe, Crash, Juan, Pods, Jermaine, AJ, Buerhle, Freddy, El Duque, Jose, Jon, and all the other guys. Thank you White Sox!

Baby Fisk
12-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Folks, we are all lucky and blessed to have lived to see this season. There will never be a Sox season like 2005. The Sox started the year with a solid 5-man rotation. They led the resurgence of fundamental-style baseball and slammed the door shut on the chemically-enhanced big-bopper era. Pitching, speed and defence. These simple things helped the Sox win LOTS of one-run games, which is what you need to dominate a season the way we did. Until August that is. That's when the team's heart shone through. Starting with the unflappable field manager who refused to go to pieces as the Sox lead dwindled down to 1.5 games. And moving on to the players who came through in the clutch. Joe Crede's HR against Cleveland was the shot that truly launched the Sox on their post-season romp. Excellent pitching and clutch hitting -- that's how you dominate the post-season, and the Sox were utterly dominant. Boston was never in it. The Sox opened with a bang, and El Duque slammed the door shut the only time they threatened to make it a series. Then the 4 horsemen made it look easy against Anaheim, with thanks to Konerko, Crede and Kaptain Khaos (AJ). And then a World Series sweep, each game won in high style, with (all together now) PITCHING, SPEED, DEFENCE AND CLUTCH HITTING. When Selig handed the trophy to Reinsdorf, I cried like a lunatic -- it was like an exorcism. All those years of crap and failure being purged from my system. WORLD CHAMPIONS. We will never see a season like 2005. We may never see the Sox go wire-to-wire again. We may never see The Big Hurt or Crash Rowand in a Sox uniform again. Of course, we all have a World Championsip under our belts, and the memories will remain for the rest of our lives. The biggest ape of them all is finally off our backs, and the future looks very bright for the South Side. This was the best season ever. Thank you White Sox.

TornLabrum
12-30-2005, 11:44 AM
Folks, we are all lucky and blessed to have lived to see this season. There will never be a Sox season like 2005. The Sox started the year with a solid 5-man rotation. They led the resurgence of fundamental-style baseball and slammed the door shut on the chemically-enhanced big-bopper era. Pitching, speed and defence. These simple things helped the Sox win LOTS of one-run games, which is what you need to dominate a season the way we did. Until August that is. That's when the team's heart shone through. Starting with the unflappable field manager who refused to go to pieces as the Sox lead dwindled down to 1.5 games. And moving on to the players who came through in the clutch. Joe Crede's HR against Cleveland was the shot that truly launched the Sox on their post-season romp. Excellent pitching and clutch hitting -- that's how you dominate the post-season, and the Sox were utterly dominant. Boston was never in it. The Sox opened with a bang, and El Duque slammed the door shut the only time they threatened to make it a series. Then the 4 horsemen made it look easy against Anaheim, with thanks to Konerko, Crede and Kaptain Khaos (AJ). And then a World Series sweep, each game won in high style, with (all together now) PITCHING, SPEED, DEFENCE AND CLUTCH HITTING. When Selig handed the trophy to Reinsdorf, I cried like a lunatic -- it was like an exorcism. All those years of crap and failure being purged from my system. WORLD CHAMPIONS. We will never see a season like 2005. We may never see the Sox go wire-to-wire again. We may never see The Big Hurt or Crash Rowand in a Sox uniform again. Of course, we all have a World Championsip under our belts, and the memories will remain for the rest of our lives. The biggest ape of them all is finally off our backs, and the future looks very bright for the South Side. This was the best season ever. Thank you White Sox.

I'm sure what you said was very nice, but please try breaking it up into paragraphs.

Madvora
12-30-2005, 11:47 AM
As soon as I saw he made that catch, even though it was the second out of the 9th, I knew right then and there the Championship was ours.
I really believed it after Konerko's 3 run HR in the first against the Angels in ALCS game 4. I really felt that if we could actually beat the Angels, nothing could stop us. And it was that moment that I really believed that we're going to win the World Series this year!

batmanZoSo
12-30-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm sure what you said was very nice, but please try breaking it up into paragraphs.

I find that BF flows in such a way that paragraphs are not needed (see: Chuck Norris/food for sustenance).

Baby Fisk
12-30-2005, 11:58 AM
I find that BF flows in such a way that paragraphs are not needed (see: Chuck Norris/food for sustenance).
Very.

Kind.

Of.

You.

To.

Say.

:cool:

C-Dawg
12-30-2005, 12:19 PM
The moment of the year for me happened in Game 4 of the WS. It was Uribe going into the stands to catch that popup. For me, it symbolized that full tilt, all out, never give up, die trying mentality that permeated the team the entire season. I swear, every thime I see that play, I get choked up. As soon as I saw he made that catch, even though it was the second out of the 9th, I knew right then and there the Championship was ours.

I still can't get over how surreal it was, seeing it on TV as they came back from the commercials and it was going to the bottom of the 9th, with the Sox leading 1-0 in Game 4. Three outs and the Sox are the champions! I was completely numb!

batmanZoSo
12-30-2005, 12:32 PM
I still can't get over how surreal it was, seeing it on TV as they came back from the commercials and it was going to the bottom of the 9th, with the Sox leading 1-0 in Game 4. Three outs and the Sox are the champions! I was completely numb!
I get a tight feeling in my chest just reading that. I hope I get to experience that feeling of the last inning again, although I'm eternally greatful that I did at all! Surreal is a good way to put it I think. Not until the last inning did I truly feel that I was watching the Sox in the World Series. Until then it was just like...watching the Sox. Like it was the regular season. I guess it's just so odd to see them on the national stage like that, to have your team in the big dance after watching other teams in it for so many years.

It was good times all around. :thumbsup:

voodoochile
12-30-2005, 12:36 PM

Sometimes streaming consciousness says it better. More poetic as it were and this was one poetic year - of the epic variety, not that poetic justice crap...:tongue:

Baby Fisk
12-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Sometimes streaming consciousness says it better. More poetic as it were and this was one poetic year - of the epic variety, not that poetic justice crap...:tongue:That's how it came out. I considered breaking it up, but let it go as is fully aware that it was a giant block of text. At least it wasn't all caps. :redneck

DenverSock
12-30-2005, 01:16 PM
Very.

Kind.

Of.

You.

To.

Say.

:cool:

Sort

of

Beatnik

Poetry.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

RallyBowl
12-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Shouldn't this have been titled *Official* White Sox appreciation thread?

Baby Fisk
12-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Shouldn't this have been titled *Official* White Sox appreciation thread?
If there was a "Best Appreciation Thread of 2005" thread, I would vote for that one.

HAAAROLD
12-30-2005, 02:04 PM
As I read all the posts... I found myself relishing all of the moments that each White Sox fan spoke of. 2005 was a year that all of us will remember, and would love to repeat. As for what 2006 will bring... lets just say that I like our chances.

In 2005 I was lucky enough to see game 2 of the ALCS, as well as game 2 of the World Series, as well as a host of other regular season games. I feel lucky to have witnessed two games that will forever be remembered as remarkable games in the annals of sports, as well as sharing moments with everyday White Sox fans who watched their team finally reach their ultimate destination.

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU WHITE SOX. Let's do this again. And for the fans... lets go out there and support them...whether it be at your favorite bar, sitting on the couch at home, or at Comiskey (sorry still can't call it US Celluwhatever you call it)

LETS GO WHITE SOX

thomas35forever
12-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks for a great run in 2005, White Sox! Live up to Paulie's expectations and "do this again next year." We have to like your chances more with Kenny making all these moves in the offseason. GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:

chisoxfanatic
12-30-2005, 02:52 PM
To be honest with you, I did not even really cry until I looked behind me and saw ChiSoxGirl with a completely red face in MAJOR tears after the final out was made...I did not even know what to do, it was so surreal! Part of me didn't even think that our White Sox had just won the World Series; but, then I realized what actually happened and started bawling myself. Years of stress has been lifted from all of us! This season meant so much for all of us. This is something that NOBODY can take away from us!

Thank you White Sox for a dream come true!

ChiSoxGirl
12-30-2005, 03:12 PM
To be honest with you, I did not even really cry until I looked behind me and saw ChiSoxGirl with a completely red face in MAJOR tears after the final out was made...

Glad I could be of assistance in making you cry and come to the realization that the Sox had won it all! :cool: But remember... I cried that entire bottom of the 9th inning- Lucy & I both did- so it wasn't just when that last out was made that I had the water works on! :redface:

chisoxfanatic
12-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Glad I could be of assistance in making you cry and come to the realization that the Sox had won it all! :cool: But remember... I cried that entire bottom of the 9th inning- Lucy & I both did- so it wasn't just when that last out was made that I had the water works on! :redface:

It's a darn shame Lucy didn't have that hispanic chick to dance with like she did after Game 2 of the World Series. That chick had me in stiches the entire post-game!!! LOL!!!

soxinem1
12-30-2005, 11:09 PM
I really believed it after Konerko's 3 run HR in the first against the Angels in ALCS game 4. I really felt that if we could actually beat the Angels, nothing could stop us. And it was that moment that I really believed that we're going to win the World Series this year!

The grounder through Graff and El Duque stranding the bases loaded convinced me that nothing was stopping these guys this year.

Every morning I wake up and have to ask if it is true. Then I wake up the whole house either playing the Game 1 WS player intro or the last inning of WS Game 4.

Thank you White Sox, you definitely showed that all the 'little (and big) kid' in us get our prayers answered if we believe enough!

elrod
12-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Actually, I think the best moment was when Dye singled up the middle to drive in Harris. Everybody at the bar (Catcher's) knew that if the Sox scored one run, they'd win.

RadioheadRocks
12-31-2005, 12:20 AM
Chicago White Sox...

Best thing in the whole wide world...

World Series Champs!!!!

flo-B-flo
12-31-2005, 12:44 AM
Just...........Thank You..........Finally.........OUR team is the champion..........Thank You.

ChiSoxGirl
12-31-2005, 12:46 AM
It's a darn shame Lucy didn't have that hispanic chick to dance with like she did after Game 2 of the World Series. That chick had me in stiches the entire post-game!!! LOL!!!

I don't remember that chick dancing with Lucy after Game 2 of the World Series. I was in tears (as usual) after that game! :redface:

hawkjt
12-31-2005, 11:55 AM
I am still in disbelief that we really won 11 of 12 playoff games. And swept the WS!!! Just thank you, Sox!!!

There will never be anything like the first time you experience something as marvelous as this. Revel in it Sox fans. Happy New Year but it cannot possibly be as happy as old year. 05 is frozen in time in my mind.

Chitown Hitmen
12-31-2005, 12:02 PM
thank you whitesox!!!!!!!!!

soxjim
01-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Thank you White SOX. I have been watching the replays on Comcast and still find my self cheering. Once again Thank you White SOX.

Lip Man 1
01-01-2006, 01:12 PM
I never thought I'd live long enough to fulfill the dream. Unbelieveable, amazing, outstanding.

Lip

Wsoxmike59
01-01-2006, 01:34 PM
I never thought I'd live long enough to fulfill the dream. Unbelieveable, amazing, outstanding.

Lip

I'd say you had a pretty great year Lip. A White Sox World Series Championship, and having your son return home safe and sound after a tour of duty.

I couldn't imagine a better scenario for anybody. That just had to be the icing on the cake when he came home.

Happy New Year Lip and family.....and a special thanks to Mason for serving our country. I am proud to say I know you. (Even if it's only on an Internet Message Board)