PDA

View Full Version : The "Other" WS Trophy Tour-Updated

Hangar18
12-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Some of you have seen it already, but tomorrow nite Friday 12/30
the Trophy will be in Wrigleyville .......

Friday 3pm Goose Island-NU SunBowl Party
Friday 7pm Murphys Bleachers

celebrate the 2005 World Series Champions and drink with the trophy ...
:gulp:

kittle42
12-29-2005, 04:51 PM
The Sun Bowl actually starts at 1:00 for all you football fans out there.

Tekijawa
12-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Careful Henry... People have been shot in that neighborhood for less!

Realist
12-29-2005, 05:29 PM

:gulp:

Any chance you guys'll be swingin' by the Uptown around midnite? Dave and I will both be there. :smile: I'll buy a round for the whole group, but they gotta be wearing some White Sox gear.

house215
12-29-2005, 06:13 PM
can our underage friends see it at murphys?

house215
12-29-2005, 06:26 PM
My friend just called Murphys and they said it isn't true.

Palehose13
12-29-2005, 06:29 PM
:?:

Henry made his own replica trophy. Who would even think that Sox brass would trust Henry with the real trophy?

BeefyD
12-29-2005, 10:37 PM
Have any pics of it????

SOXintheBURGH
12-29-2005, 10:40 PM

Henry made his own replica trophy. Who would even think that Sox brass would trust Henry with the real trophy?

:reinsy

"Hangar, due to your devotion to the team and hard work exposing media bias, we'd like to let you carry around the trophy for a few weeks."

ChiSoxGirl
12-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Have any pics of it????

Check out the Photo Gallery under "WSI Members." I took some pictures at our WSI Christmas Party last Friday night at Dugan's, where Henry's trophy made its debut.

Viva Medias B's
12-30-2005, 01:24 AM
The Sun Bowl actually starts at 1:00 for all you football fans out there.

Let's hope some of that White Sox magic that brought us that Henry-made trophy rubs off on the 'Cats in El Paso.

I can see Henry now with his trophy at Murphy's. Like the priests in The Exorcist chanting "The power of Christ compels you!!!," Henry will be there chanting "The power of Oz compels you!!!" hoping to exorcise Wrigleyville itself of its Cubbiness.

Realist
12-30-2005, 09:28 AM

If you really think about it, the real trophy actually couldn't be in any safer hands. If the wrong people tried to take the real trophy, I bet it'd be literally over Henry's dead body.

I'd be the first to vote for Hangar18 as the official caretaker of the Chicago White Sox World Series Trophy. :smile:

skottyj242
12-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Check out the Photo Gallery under "WSI Members." I took some pictures at our WSI Christmas Party last Friday night at Dugan's, where Henry's trophy made its debut.

I'm the one holding it. Screw Wrigleyville Henry should bring the trophy to Bucktown tonight where I'll be tipping back a few in honor of mine and Daver's birthday. And AJ's and Tiger's too.

Rocky Soprano
12-30-2005, 11:50 AM
If you really think about it, the real trophy actually couldn't be in any safer hands. If the wrong people tried to take the real trophy, I bet it'd be literally over Henry's dead body.

I'd be the first to vote for Hangar18 as the official caretaker of the Chicago White Sox World Series Trophy. :smile:

:rolleyes:

Dolly
12-30-2005, 12:20 PM

:gulp::?: It really needs to make a SOUTHSIDE appearance!!!!

chisoxfanatic
12-30-2005, 04:02 PM
:?: It really needs to make a SOUTHSIDE appearance!!!!

Henry won't go to the southside, because he's a true-blue Cubs fan! :D:

skobabe8
12-30-2005, 07:09 PM

Anyone else find this funny? :D:

RallyBowl
12-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Anyone else find this funny? :D:

Yeah, I did. But not as funny as the time I called the Score to confirm a trade that a troll posted. Or maybe it is.:redface:

ChiSoxGirl
12-31-2005, 01:10 AM
Just got home from Goose Island. Driving around 40 minutes for parking (:angry:), I spot a Cadillac sedan with a World Series Champions flag on one of the windows and the license plates Minoso 9 parked on Clark St. just outside of Sluggers. Gee, guess who's also in Wrigleyville?!

When I finally found parking and got to the bar, longshot7, Hangar18, and a few others were there, and I mentioned seeing this car to Hangar and longshot. The two of them saw Minnie Minoso, donned in his Sox World Series Santa hat, sitting alone in the bar having a drink!

About twenty minutes later, Minnie Minoso comes over by us and proceeds to shake each one of our hands and wishes us Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We took pictures with him and the "trophy," which will be posted in the WSI Members gallery before too long. We offered to buy Minnie a drink, but he didn't stay too long, as he had to go home and make tamales with his wife, son, and daughter, but it was awesome that he even walked across the street to spend a few minutes with Sox fans! :bandance:

IronFisk
12-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Just got home from Goose Island. Driving around 40 minutes for parking (:angry:), I spot a Cadillac sedan with a World Series Champions flag on one of the windows and the license plates Minoso 9 parked on Clark St. just outside of Sluggers. Gee, guess who's also in Wrigleyville?!

When I finally found parking and got to the bar, longshot7, Hangar18, and a few others were there, and I mentioned seeing this car to Hangar and longshot. The two of them grabbed their coats and went across the street to look for him. They went into Sluggers, and there was Minnie Minoso, donned in his Sox World Series Santa hat, sitting alone in the bar having a drink! Henry and longshot invited him over to Goose Island to hang out with us, and he said he'd be there as soon as he was done with his drink.

About twenty minutes later, in strolls Minnie Minoso, who proceeds to shake each one of our hands and wishes us Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We took pictures with him and the "trophy," which will be posted in the WSI Members gallery before too long. We offered to buy Minnie a drink, but he didn't stay too long, as he had to go home and make tamales with his wife, son, and daughter, but it was awesome that he even walked across the street to spend a few minutes with Sox fans! :bandance:

One helluva great year for you, eh Girl! :D:

chisoxmike
12-31-2005, 01:25 AM

When I finally found parking and got to the bar, longshot7, Hangar18, and a few others were there, and I mentioned seeing this car to Hangar and longshot. The two of them grabbed their coats and went across the street to look for him. They went into Sluggers, and there was Minnie Minoso, donned in his Sox World Series Santa hat, sitting alone in the bar having a drink! Henry and longshot invited him over to Goose Island to hang out with us, and he said he'd be there as soon as he was done with his drink.

About twenty minutes later, in strolls Minnie Minoso, who proceeds to shake each one of our hands and wishes us Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We took pictures with him and the "trophy," which will be posted in the WSI Members gallery before too long. We offered to buy Minnie a drink, but he didn't stay too long, as he had to go home and make tamales with his wife, son, and daughter, but it was awesome that he even walked across the street to spend a few minutes with Sox fans! :bandance:

holy ****

ChiSoxGirl
12-31-2005, 01:29 AM
holy ****

Should've come out with us on the north side tonight! People diss it, including myself (particularly when I'm driving around looking for parking :angry:), but cool things really DO happen there!

ChiSoxGirl
12-31-2005, 01:31 AM
One helluva great year for you, eh Girl! :D:

You said it!

Brian26
12-31-2005, 01:31 AM

Wow. Cool story with a sad twist to it.

Brian26
12-31-2005, 01:32 AM
Should've come out with us on the north side tonight! People diss it, including myself (particularly when I'm driving around looking for parking :angry:), but cool things really DO happen there!

Just ask Mike Caruso. :D:

whitesoxwilkes
12-31-2005, 01:33 AM
Wow. Cool story with a sad twist to it.

Minnie owns a stake in Sluggers. He's there just about every Saturday and gives them a lot of help in the kitchen.

Brian26
12-31-2005, 01:37 AM
Minnie owns a stake in Sluggers. He's there just about every Saturday and gives them a lot of help in the kitchen.

I wasn't talking about Minnie. I just thought it was sad that ChiSoxGirl was hanging out with Hangar at Goose Island :)

ChiSoxGirl
12-31-2005, 01:42 AM
The pictures have been uploaded to the WSI Members gallery.

Brian26
12-31-2005, 01:51 AM
The pictures have been uploaded to the WSI Members gallery.

Great pics. Minnie looks sharp. Good stuff.

Realist
12-31-2005, 08:57 AM
Henry,

Thanks so much for bringing the trophy to the Uptown! That was an absolute blast. I wish you coulda saw the look on my buddy's face when I walked into the back room at Holiday Club with it. I don't think I ever saw anybody's eyes bug out so big in my entire life. It was truly a treat. I can't wait to see the pics. You rock!

:moonwalk:

whitesoxwilkes
12-31-2005, 11:52 AM
I wasn't talking about Minnie. I just thought it was sad that ChiSoxGirl was hanging out with Hangar at Goose Island :)

That's what I get for trying to read with a head full of red wine at 12:30 am.

SOXintheBURGH
12-31-2005, 11:56 AM
http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/Seinfeld/george03.jpg

"TAMALE!!!"

longshot7
12-31-2005, 01:20 PM
it definitely was one of the most surreal/awesome things to ever happen to me! There we were, drinking, talking bout our Sox, and enjoying the "other" trophy, and meeting one of the first Sox players I was ever aware of, Minnie Minoso. Unbelievable. A true class act as well - we said he was honored to meet US - we're like "Are you kidding?" - YOU'RE Minnie Minoso!! And of course, no one else around us knew who he was - in typical northside brain fogs I guess.

Anyway, happy new year!!

Brian26
12-31-2005, 08:12 PM
That's what I get for trying to read with a head full of red wine at 12:30 am.

I was kidding. I didn't know Minnie had a stake in Slugger's. The first time I read that story, it sounded sort of sad like he was down on his luck....almost in a Ronnie Wickers sort of way. I thought you were a white Zin guy!

Fuller_Schettman
01-04-2006, 06:59 PM
I have looked everywhere, PM'd and emailed West and ode_to_veeck but nowhere can I find a copy of the Northern California leg of the WS Trophy Tour starring Hangar & ChiSoxGirl tour dates.

Is there a link?

ChiSoxGirl
01-04-2006, 11:23 PM
I have looked everywhere, PM'd and emailed West and ode_to_veeck but nowhere can I find a copy of the Northern California leg of the WS Trophy Tour starring Hangar & ChiSoxGirl tour dates.

Is there a link?

Don't forget to include longshot7 in that list of those starring in the NorCal Trophy Tour! Afterall, he was there with us and is a Californian.... :cool:

longshot7
01-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Don't forget to include longshot7 in that list of those starring in the NorCal Trophy Tour! Afterall, he was there with us and is a Californian.... :cool:

YAY!! Thanks Jen. I was just about to add a "what about me?" note - but then again, I'm a SoCal-ian, so I'll head up the leg of the other trophy down there. First stop - Angels/Sox in April. Anaheim here we come!

DieTrying79
01-05-2006, 11:44 PM
but then again, I'm a SoCal-ian, so I'll head up the leg of the other trophy down there.

No NorCal trophy tour can happen without yours truly!:gulp:

(And Fuller_Schettman, West, Ode, Mister B, etc., etc...)

TomBradley72
01-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Any plans for a visit to the Chain of Lakes/Antioch? I'll buy! :cheers:

Hangar18
01-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Any plans for a visit to the Chain of Lakes/Antioch? I'll buy! :cheers:

Find a bar in the area, make sure its SOX-friendly, invite a bunch of other SOX fans, pick a date, and I'll make sure to bring it by!

MadetoOrta
01-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Hangar,
When you say "replica" what do you mean? Is it a copy from a trophy company or something made in a science project at St. Ignatius HS? Curious here.

Hangar18
01-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Hangar,
When you say "replica" what do you mean? Is it a copy from a trophy company or something made in a science project at St. Ignatius HS? Curious here.

Probably best if you look at the pics we took of it with Minnie Minoso
to get a better idea. Theyre in the Photo Gallery