PDA

View Full Version : Abreu for Contreras?

y2j2785
12-29-2005, 02:41 PM
I friend of mine found this on the white sox message board so i dont know how much truth there is to this, but supposedly this rumor was brought up by Bruce Levine on AM 1000 this morning.

Here's the link: http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-whitesox&msg=56797.1&ctx=0

Palehose Pete
12-29-2005, 02:49 PM
While Bobby is good, I still like Contreras is the rotation more than I like having another bat in the lineup. Hopefully this rumor is bunk.

DumpJerry
12-29-2005, 02:53 PM
I think we all have learned over the past two years that virtually all rumors involving the White Sox making a trade, signing a free agent or an extension of a contract are false. Kenny runs a tight ship that seems to be leak-proof. After all, before noon yesterday, we all thought Garland was gone, gone gone.

We don't need Abreu. We have enough bats. We need a lefty in the bubllpen to help out Cotts.

But then, upon further review, we don't need a bullpen beyond Jenks and Cotts because our starters will be doing complete games 95% of the time.

SOecks
12-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Any rumors or speculation is just a waste of time for all of us...until next Wednesday...:D: