PDA

View Full Version : Espn 2005 Sportscenter

MERPER
12-28-2005, 03:02 PM
At the end of each year, Sportscenter does the year end show... All I had a chance to see was the 5 minute highlight reel at the end... lots of Sox representation...

But best of all, in my opinion, was that the last 2 clips as it went off the air was AJ jumping into Jenks arms followed by Crede in the locker room taking a sip of champaign.. fade to black

Truly a touching moment...

To the summer of our lives... 2005....:gulp:

chisoxmike
12-28-2005, 03:03 PM
There's no more denying the Pale Hose!

Fredsox
12-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Actually they are "denying" us on the radio. They're saying that steroids are the major story of the year, the affect of Katrina on sports is second, and the White Sox are third.

Interestingly, a White Sox fan emailed in and asked if the Red Sox won this year and the White Sox last year, would they still call steroids #1? Olberman answered "no, the Red Sox would be #1. They were more passionate and vocal about their frustration" (I'm paraphrasing his remarks).

This to me is the most blatant admission of the east coast bias that I've ever heard. They said a lot of nice things about the White Sox but you got the impression that it was grudgingly done.

Edit and update: the announcer just stated that if EITHER the cubs or the red cubs won it she would agree that it was a stronger story than steroids, but the case for the White Sox was not strong enough in her opinion. Unbelievable. I want to win this second one so bad just to shove it in their east coast ***es. I'm really frigging burning right now.

Dan Mega
12-28-2005, 04:11 PM
the announcer just stated that if EITHER the cubs or the red cubs won it she would agree that it was a stronger story than steroids, but the case for the White Sox was not strong enough in her opinion. Unbelievable. I want to win this second one so bad just to shove it in their east coast ***es. I'm really frigging burning right now.

What does it matter what ESPN thinks the #1 story of the year is?

1)AP said the Sox were the #1 story of the year, and they're far more credible.
2)The #1 sports story of the year for Sox fans is the Sox winning the championship.

Does anything else matter?

chisoxmike
12-28-2005, 04:13 PM
The Sox won the world series, what else matters?

Fredsox
12-28-2005, 04:23 PM
The Sox won the world series, what else matters?

Yeah, I know. It just pisses me off.

soxinem1
12-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Olberman is an *** anyway.

We know one thing. This was our moment of tremendous glory, if ESPN or any of the other ones don't want to give us our proper acknowlegement, then as Hawk said:

"Screw 'Em".

Hangar18
12-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Actually they are "denying" us on the radio. They're saying that steroids are the major story of the year, the affect of Katrina on sports is second, and the White Sox are third.

Interestingly, a White Sox fan emailed in and asked if the Red Sox won this year and the White Sox last year, would they still call steroids #1? Olberman answered "no, the Red Sox would be #1. They were more passionate and vocal about their frustration" (I'm paraphrasing his remarks).

This to me is the most blatant admission of the east coast bias that I've ever heard. They said a lot of nice things about the White Sox but you got the impression that it was grudgingly done.

Edit and update: the announcer just stated that if EITHER the cubs or the red cubs won it she would agree that it was a stronger story than steroids, but the case for the White Sox was not strong enough in her opinion. Unbelievable. I want to win this second one so bad just to shove it in their east coast ***es. I'm really frigging burning right now.

" hangar, the way you keep moaning and groaning about the media bias is really sickening ............ your always .................."

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I know. It just pisses me off.

Let them stew...how much more fun will it be when we're 7 games up in 1st at the end of May, and the BoSucks and Spankmees are fighting for 1st in the East...and both struggling to stay .500.

White Sox Baseball - those who don't listen...MUST feel.

FedEx227
12-28-2005, 04:51 PM
:hawk Hineybirds!

faneidde
12-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Since I am getting tired of posting who cares in all of these threads, I think I'll respond with the fact that none of this matters. Keith Olberman and all the east coast morons can't change AJ's hustle in game 2 against Anaheim. All those Cub lovers can't do a thing about Podsednik's walk off homer. And no one can dry the tears I cried when the Sox won the World Series. I just wish everyone would stop worrying about these losers and revel in the fact that the Sox have had the best offseason of any team in baseball so far, not a bad accomplishment for a defending champion.

I want Mags back
12-28-2005, 06:54 PM

Ok, so were still the best sports story that actually was a sport. We are ahead of any other team, so that's a plus

Dan Mega
12-28-2005, 07:00 PM
and the BoSucks and Spankmees are fighting for 1st in the East...and both struggling to stay .500.

Actually you mean 2nd place in the East, when the Blue Jays have a 5 game lead in first!:D:

No teal needed!

Beauty35thStreet
12-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Fredsox, which station was this?

I agree with all the other viewers, the only thing that matters is us and the Sox.

Fenway
12-28-2005, 07:14 PM
I *think* the one factor that seperates the 2004 Red Sox and the 2005 White Sox is the road Boston had to take to win it all in 2004. They did what NO baseball team had ever done coming back from being 0-3 ( and losing Game 3 at home 19-8) and then not only did they come back they beat the New York Yankees to do it.

For the White Sox to be #3 after steriods and Katrina is still giving the White Sox a ton of respect. If the east coast bias existed could not a case be made for the Patriots winning yet another Super Bowl?

I knew Red Sox hysteria was out of control last year when TIME put them on the cover the day before a presidential election.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:0DNINMQ3oFMJ:www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/sox/ws_2004/the_joy_of_sox_time_mag.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/sox/ws_2004/the_joy_of_sox_time_mag.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cs.brown.edu/~lsh/sox/ws_2004/general2.html&h=730&w=559&sz=64&tbnid=0DNINMQ3oFMJ:&tbnh=139&tbnw=106&hl=en&start=2&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dthe%2Bjoy%2Bof%2Bsox%26svnum%3D10%26h l%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN)http://www.juanomatic.net/archive/2004/10/16-finalscore.jpg

GeauxSox
12-28-2005, 08:12 PM
This makes up for it a little...

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051227&content_id=1287497&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

koch44
12-28-2005, 08:16 PM
FWIW, Chris Berman did his top ten countdown of the year during the show, and he said the White Sox were the #1 story of the year.

Fredsox
12-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Fredsox, which station was this?

I agree with all the other viewers, the only thing that matters is us and the Sox.

ESPN AM1000 on the Dan Patrick show. Olberman and some lady sitting in for Patrick. anyway, I'm over it now. spent the last 2 hours scraping wallpaper so I can paint my son's room. All the frustrations are gone and all is well is White Sox land. Good night to all.

ws05champs
12-29-2005, 12:16 PM
I like the fact that these "experts" continue to prove that they are idiots. Let them continue to underestimate us and pick us to finish 4th again next year. It will make winning our second World Series Championship in a row all the more sweeter next year. It may also help cost at least one of them their jobs.

HotelWhiteSox
12-29-2005, 12:31 PM
ESPN put in an Iguchi HR (I think from the BOS game) in their new ESPNHD intro before Sportscenter. Seeing that kind of surprised me. Everyone on there has been complimenting all the offseason moves. I guess it kind of goes in with the Sox fan mentality of "hate them if they don't agree with what your team does" but whatever

SOXSINCE'70
12-29-2005, 12:31 PM
It may also help cost at least one of them their jobs.

There are so many candidates to choose from.:D: :D:

(no teal needed,IMO)

The Deacon
12-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Brace yourselves b/c the majority of the ESPN idiots are going to pick us to win the Central and AL in 2006.
The only thing we're going to have to get upset about is the few that won't pick us the win the World Series. It's going to feel odd being the favorites!

Fake Chet Lemon
12-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Let them stew...how much more fun will it be when we're 7 games up in 1st at the end of May, and the BoSucks and Spankmees are fighting for 1st in the East...and both struggling to stay .500.

White Sox Baseball - those who don't listen...MUST feel.

I'm already looking forward to the gnashing of teeth when the White Sox and Blue Jays meet in the ALCS in 2006. They'll be so upset at ESPN every story will tell the country about how they shouldn't care about the series and how the ratest should be the lowest ever. Good. Tick em off and hit them in the pocket-book. A win-win.

jehosaphat
12-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Ok, so were still the best sports story that actually was a sport. We are ahead of any other team, so that's a plus

Exactly - these end of the year lists are always sort of stupid because they inevitably lump apples, oranges, and bananas together - Steroids, Katrina, and the White Sox World Championship are 3 qualitatively different things - Katrina and Steroids are not really "sports stories" as much as cultural phenomena or something of the such.