PDA

View Full Version : Sportscenter Top 10 Games of 2005

SoxFan78
12-28-2005, 10:52 AM
I watched this wondering which spot they would be putting the White Sox world series game 2 in the top ten, but I guess the Little League World Series game, the Michigan State vs. Gonzaga semifinal game in Hawaii and some Andre Agassi tennis match was so much better then a Scotty Pods walk off home run.

There was one MLB game in the top ten, Houston vs. Atlanta game 4.

I guarntee if it was the Red Sox who hit that walk off home run vs. the Astros, ESPN would have a one hour special on it and a movie in the works starring Michael Madsen in some capacity.

chaerulez
12-28-2005, 11:04 AM
Didn't catch it, but I sure believe everything you said.

But if the Yankees or Cubs also made a walk off it'd get the same treatment as the Red Sox.

Dick Allen
12-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Were these strictly games that ESPN carried? That's the only reasonable explanation for these idiots.

SoxFan78
12-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Were these strictly games that ESPN carried? That's the only reasonable explanation for these idiots.

Nope, because the USC vs. Notre Dame game was #1.

Fred Manrique
12-28-2005, 11:49 AM
That is unbelieveable.. ESPN with another great example of objective journalism.

VenturaFan23
12-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Wow, they never cease to amaze us, do they? How could they possibly not have game 2 in there???? If long inning games is what they prefer like game 4 Houston vs. Atlanta, how about game 3 in the World Series? Did Chris Berman do this list?

Dan Mega
12-28-2005, 12:41 PM
So they took a college football game with a an overhyped and grossly overrated team (not talking about USC either) over the 2005 World Champions?

Oh well.

RoobarbPie
12-28-2005, 01:00 PM
WS Game 2 should definitely have been in the top 3 games of the year. How somebody left that out is ridiculous. They must not have seen it because of the low ratings the WS got :smile:.

Also, was Illinois vs Arizona on the list? Greatest comeback I've ever seen..... yeah I'm biased but I think others would agree. The MSU vs Gonzaga game was great too and I see that made the list...

SoxFan78
12-28-2005, 01:10 PM
WS Game 2 should definitely have been in the top 3 games of the year. How somebody left that out is ridiculous. They must not have seen it because of the low ratings the WS got :smile:.

Also, was Illinois vs Arizona on the list? Greatest comeback I've ever seen..... yeah I'm biased but I think others would agree. The MSU vs Gonzaga game was great too and I see that made the list...

Ilinois vs. Arizona was on the list. 3rd on the list was the Rose Bowl game Texas vs. Michigan.

Black Sox
12-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Would you guys just stop already with the jealousy? So what if ESPN doesn't deem us to be in the same class as those other teams. We won the World Series and the only people the World Series should matter to is the team and its fans. We've gone many years not earning the media's respect. Since we're the champs, we shouldn't be seeking their respect anymore. They should be seeking ours.

Hangar18
12-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Would you guys just stop already with the jealousy? So what if ESPN doesn't deem us to be in the same class as those other teams. We won the World Series and the only people the World Series should matter to is the team and its fans. We've gone many years not earning the media's respect. Since we're the champs, we shouldn't be seeking their respect anymore. They should be seeking ours.

Conventional wisdom ............would have the Media falling down to cover us, except they yankee-redsox-cub loving media (which one of those teams doesnt belong?) would rather MAKE Stories about those teams than COVER stories. Doesnt work like that though. The Media are in love with those teams (one im not quite sure why, except media ownership has something to do with it) screw the Eastcoast Sports Propoganda Network

Lip Man 1
12-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Repeat after me as many times as needed:

WHO CARES WHAT ESPN THINKS OR SAYS.

Please folks...get a grip.

The White Sox have the trophy and nothing anybody says or does can erase that from the record book.

Lip

Dick Allen
12-28-2005, 01:56 PM

The White Sox have the trophy and nothing anybody says or does can erase that from the record book.

LipI agree with you, Lip. But on the other hand, the alleged "no. 1 leader in sports coverage" continues to virtually ignore what they should be "covering". False advertising if you ask me.

mweflen
12-28-2005, 02:25 PM
That is unbelieveable.. ESPN with another great example of objective journalism.

:tealpolice:

SOXSINCE'70
12-28-2005, 03:35 PM
ESPN with another great example of objective journalism.

AHHHHH!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!
Please take note.

:tealtutor:
:tealpolice:
"1 Adam-12,1 Adam-12,a violation.See the mods".

SOXSINCE'70
12-28-2005, 03:38 PM
"no. 1 leader in sports coverage"
But if it doesn't involve teams on the East Coast,forget it.
I stopped watching "SportsCenter" and "Yankmees,Blow Sawx,
Dodgers and sCrUBS (I mean Baseball) Tonight" long ago.

ChiSoxRowand
12-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Does anybody have the exact list. I can't believe World Series game 3 and Illinois-Arizona didn't make it.

ChiSoxGirl
12-28-2005, 06:10 PM
I know it's ESPN and all, but this is simply mind boggling! How is it that a day before this list comes out, the Sox winning the World Series for the first time in 88 years is the top AP Story of the Year, but there is NO recognition of the Sox at all...not even ALCS Game 1, which we lost? :?: C'mon, ESPN. It would be typical of you to highlight that game because, afterall, the poor Angels hadn't had any sleep and had to play three games in three time zones in a span of three days; but to include nothing even resembling the White Sox?? Just another prime example of the geniuses at that professional network!

Lip Man 1
12-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Dick:

ESPN stopped being relevent the minute they were sold to ABC-Cap Cities and then to Disney.

The moment the 'bean counters' took over entertainment became the key not 'news-worthy.' (Have to make sure we cater to housewives, pre pubescent teens and Generation X'ers....)

Dub25
12-28-2005, 07:43 PM

I guarntee if it was the Red Sox who hit that walk off home run vs. the Astros, ESPN would have a one hour special on it and a movie in the works starring Michael Madsen in some capacity.

Today my co-worker had on the Dan Patrick show. I believe the lady's name that was filling in was the anchor from ESPN News, Dana Jacobson. I think that's her name. Anyway, she complaining that the White Sox was the A.P. top sports story. She thought it should have been steroids and even said that if the Red Sox or Cubs won the series then she would consider that a bigger story. The Red Sox winning last year was obviously not enough and media idiots like her is what really makes me hate the Cubs.

RadioheadRocks
12-28-2005, 07:53 PM
I watched this wondering which spot they would be putting the White Sox world series game 2 in the top ten, but I guess the Little League World Series game, the Michigan State vs. Gonzaga semifinal game in Hawaii and some Andre Agassi tennis match was so much better then a Scotty Pods walk off home run.

Remember ESPN is the network that peppers half of their their "Top 10 Plays of the Day" with inconsequential nonsense such as highlights from the "Leiderhosen Yodeling Contest" and the "Purina Cat Chow Kitty Olympics", so why should their "Year-End List" be any different???

spiffie
12-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Today my co-worker had on the Dan Patrick show. I believe the lady's name that was filling in was the anchor from ESPN News, Dana Jacobson. I think that's her name. Anyway, she complaining that the White Sox was the A.P. top sports story. She thought it should have been steroids and even said that if the Red Sox or Cubs won the series then she would consider that a bigger story. The Red Sox winning last year was obviously not enough and media idiots like her is what really makes me hate the Cubs.

I think I have to call in a pinch-poster for this one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e8/WillFerrell.jpg/200px-WillFerrell.jpg

Go **** yourself Dana Jacobsen (and ESPN)

batmanZoSo
12-28-2005, 11:09 PM

LMAO. So true. **** 'em.

Soxfanspcu11
12-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Remember ESPN is the network that peppers half of their their "Top 10 Plays of the Day" with inconsequential nonsense such as highlights from the "Leiderhosen Yodeling Contest" and the "Purina Cat Chow Kitty Olympics", so why should their "Year-End List" be any different???

What about Chris Berman putting for the #1 highlight?? No teal police needed! This REALLY happened!

The fact that the Sox did not have ONE game in the TOP 10 is a ****ing joke, seriously, it's like they were trying to intentionally leave the Sox out. It just reeks of suspicion.

Seriously, NOT ONE Sox game in the Top 10 and the BRAVES/ASTROS game gets put up there?!?!?!?! Are you seriously ****ing kidding me?!?!?!?! Am I in a coma or is that network really that ****ed up?!?!?!?

FireMariotti
12-29-2005, 12:39 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3734&d=1135833912

RadioheadRocks
12-29-2005, 12:41 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3734&d=1135833912

:welcome: Hear, hear!!!

FarWestChicago
12-29-2005, 12:48 AM

LipTell it like it is, Lip!! :thumbsup:

WCCMIKE
12-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Maybe it's cause i'm a huge fan but did anyone just see ESPN's top 10 games of 2005.What annoys me the White Sox didn't even make the list can anyone explain why:angry:

CubsfansareDRUNK
12-29-2005, 03:21 PM
shocking

IowaSox1971
12-30-2005, 01:37 PM

Some "experts" had picked us to finish fourth in a relatively weak division, yet we won the World Series. And we not only won the thing, but we were the only team besides the 1927 Yankees to go wire-to-wire in first place, end up with the best record in our league and sweep the World Series. The entire city had not won a World Series in 88 years, let alone even appeared in one for 46 years. How is the fact that we won the World Series not big news?

The AP "top sports story," as I understand it, was decided by a VOTE of sports editors from around the country. Hence, it was what people around the country truly felt was the biggest sports story of the year. This is unlike the situation at ESPN, where end-of-the-year honors are decided only by people who live on the East Coast and pull for East Coast teams. If people at ESPN had any sense, they would realize that a nationwide vote offers a far more accurate reading of what is a big story than what people sitting in an East Coast office think.

By the way, a case could be made for any of the World Series games being ranked in the year's top 10 games. Each game was a thriller. ESPN further proved its bias by not having any World Series games on its list. And then ESPN shows its bias even more by having its reporters complain about another organization's unbiased pick for the top 2005 story.

ndu3t4
12-30-2005, 04:23 PM
I think I have to call in a pinch-poster for this one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e8/WillFerrell.jpg/200px-WillFerrell.jpg

Go **** yourself Dana Jacobsen (and ESPN)

:roflmao:

Stroker Ace
01-02-2006, 03:52 PM
I thought they would take 10 Yankmee, blowsawk, and flub wins and talk about how it is such a great moment that a steroid used can hit a home run, how manny is the greatest player since Mantle, or how the team has such great a*********. "The Network's" legitamacy is on par with the likes of Weekly World News.