PDA

View Full Version : It's almost Jan and the Sox

Whitesox4ever
12-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Still dont have a replacement for John Rooney.. What is WSCR waiting for. Last I heard Tommy John was the favorite to get the job but havent heard anything since..

ilsox7
12-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Still dont have a replacement for John Rooney.. What is WSCR waiting for. Last I heard Tommy John was the favorite to get the job but havent heard anything since..

Sounds like quite the Mickey Mouse operation being run over there.

BainesHOF
12-28-2005, 09:58 AM

That's the Score for you. It's amateur hour 24-7 there.

ilsox7
12-28-2005, 10:03 AM
That's the Score for you. It's amateur hour 24-7 there.

I don't listen to sports radion for a reason. So I only have "followed" the Sox radio search via WSI. But what an absolute joke this station is making of itself.

Whitesox4ever
12-28-2005, 10:06 AM
any predictions when they hire someone.

I say the fri night at soxfest

TornLabrum
12-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Actually they have a replacement for Rooney: Ed Farmer. What they're looking for is someone who can stay awake while Farmio does play-by-play.

samram
12-28-2005, 10:22 AM

Actually, that's where the Sox were broadcast last year.

tebman
12-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Fenway can speak to this with more authority since he works in that business, but apparently CBS Radio (formerly Infinity Broadcasting) is a corporate maze that requires decisions to be approved by a gaggle of vice-presidents. None of this should've been this complicated, but it is.

It would've been so much easier, and probably cheaper after all the time that's passed, if they'd just negotiated with John Rooney and paid him what he's worth.

Tekijawa
12-28-2005, 10:26 AM
any predictions when they hire someone.

I say the fri night at soxfest

I Say Hangar18 and Ed Farmer.

Although Hangars tinfoil hat would probably block half the Scores signal.

ilsox7
12-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Fenway can speak to this with more authority since he works in that business, but apparently CBS Radio (formerly Infinity Broadcasting) is a corporate maze that requires decisions to be approved by a gaggle of vice-presidents. None of this should've been this complicated, but it is.

It would've been so much easier, and probably cheaper after all the time that's passed, if they'd just negotiated with John Rooney and paid him what he's worth.

I think John got his dream job and knew it would be offered, so I do not blame anyone for that. But this apparent search is just an absolute joke from all accounts.

TDog
12-28-2005, 01:26 PM
People here are exaggerating the importance of the hiring. In the scheme of things, the question of who will be the color man for the White Sox games in 2006 simply isn't very important.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-28-2005, 01:32 PM
I'll do the job for season tickets and some travel money (the first couple of years :D: ).

Here's a picture I took with Ed Farmer after my interview at WSCR recently...

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/dreamworks_skg/anchorman/_group_photos/tim_robbins36.jpg

Lip Man 1
12-28-2005, 01:34 PM
if you listen to some of the rumors and some folks who have knowledge of the situation there may be more going on here then meets the eye...and it may involve the TV side of the operation as well.

Lip

Fake Chet Lemon
12-28-2005, 01:36 PM
And why is it so important that this decision should have been announced already? If they wait to announce it at Sox Fest (which they are probably doing), who cares?????

34 Inch Stick
12-28-2005, 01:41 PM
I heard the SCORE has announced Chris Rongey as the new pre and post game announcer. I don't know how good Rongey will be but I do know he is not Jesse Rogers.

bayzbol44
12-28-2005, 01:43 PM
I heard Mike Murphy is being interviewed right now. Announcement of his hiring will be made at Sox Fext.

Dick Allen
12-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Whatever the Score does, you can be sure they'll screw it up.

stl_sox_fan
12-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Rooney is doing radio commercials with Mike Shannon here in St Louis. Cool to hear his voice again....bad news is it's for the Cardinals.

Deuce
12-28-2005, 02:37 PM
:chimp

"I'll take the job!"

SOXPHILE
12-28-2005, 03:04 PM
:carter
"I'm available ! It's your's truely, Paul Hornung".

thepaulbowski
12-28-2005, 03:07 PM
if you listen to some of the rumors and some folks who have knowledge of the situation there may be more going on here then meets the eye...and it may involve the TV side of the operation as well.

Lip

Please let DJ be gone.

rm0824
12-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I don't care who it is, as long as it's not Mike North.

HomeFish
12-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Dolgin wasn't announced until what, a week before he started his job? There's still plenty of time.

MUScholar21
12-28-2005, 04:58 PM

Lip

I heard that also; supposedly the public front runner is Tommy John but everywhere you read about it lately they are saying there is some unannounced dark horse candidate.

I just hope they invite Rooney back for Sox Fest so I can say thanks-he is pretty much the only one I have ever known, and not being able to hear his voice is going to seem weird.

As far as the station is concerned, I think they are trying to find someone who can do color commentary AND talk politics

markopat
12-29-2005, 10:38 AM
I have an inside that they are talking to Psycho Steve........Film at 11:00...