PDA

View Full Version : espn front page poll

gbergman
12-28-2005, 08:11 AM
on espns front page it asked which teams had improved the most this offseason, and it listed the dodgers, yankees, mets, and blue jays. i figured it left out the white sox cause everyone pretty much knows whose done the best this offseason. well this morning the added the White Sox. so now it stands
Blue Jays 30.8
Dodgers 13.7
Mets 28.8
White Sox 9.1
Yankees 17.4

46,015 votes

This is ridiculous all the yankees have done is picked up kyle farnsworth who sucks, and johnny damon who sucks as well. and the dodgers i guess Rafael Furcal who is good and Nomar Garciapparra makes you greater then the white sox now.

I figured they did this cause the wanted to give other teams more votes so they could have some way of holding back are SOX after they ended there dreams of a Red Sox repeat back in October, causing them to have quote "nothing important" left to talk about the rest of the season.

BTW have a happy new years im flying to chicago now so have fun, and remember to aim for the water in the toliet new years eve not the toliet as a whole.

SoxRulecubsdrool
12-28-2005, 08:19 AM
and remember to aim for the water in the toliet new years eve not the toliet as a hole.

:?: Pardon?
Has the celebration started a little early?

gbergman
12-28-2005, 08:21 AM
no, but when it does :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

ChiFabulous1
12-28-2005, 08:37 AM
Way to go Oklahoma!!! White Sox at 31%:smile:

krohnjw
12-28-2005, 08:38 AM
I don't see how that's a poll the White Sox should win. Sure, the White Sox have improved, but they were a danm good team to start with (bias?).

The Mets and Blue Jays have possibly moved forward as a team more than the White Sox (note: don't read they are better teams, just that they have made more progress going from bad to not as bad).

While I love to see the White Sox win positive polls, they went from great to unstoppable while the Mets went from Joke to hopeful, and the Blue Jays are trying to go from nice story to threat in the east.

faneidde
12-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Mark my words, the Blue Jays had the worst offseason of any team in the majors. Paying as much money as they did for a starter with a losing record and an unproven closer is insane. And I hope they enjoy Glaus and his .250 average at best. The only decent move they made was Overbay. In two years, the franchise will be crippled by the horrible financial decisions they made this offseason.

batmanZoSo
12-28-2005, 07:16 PM
The best team by a long shot can only improve so much...

Still, I think KW still somehow managed to make this team a lot better. Kudos to him. He's assembled a championship team again, now it's up to the players to go out and play.

Tekijawa
12-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Baltimore got Rid of Scammy, Roid head Raffy, and Ponson and they aren't on the list?

Frankfan4life
12-28-2005, 09:46 PM
I don't see the poll. Is there a link?

By the way, on the ESPN MLB page, there is a poll that asks if the Garland 3-year, $29 million contract extension is a good move or a bad move.

Results:

Good move = 67%
Bad move = 33%

Total votes = 18,351

RadioheadRocks
12-28-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't see the poll. Is there a link?

By the way, on the ESPN MLB page, there is a poll that asks if the Garland 3-year, $29 million contract extension is a good move or a bad move.

Results:

Good move = 67%
Bad move = 33%

Total votes = 18,351

Saw that poll too, and Idaho and Minnesota are the only two states that apparently have more BAD MOVE votes than GOOD MOVE votes. Minnesota is understandable because I'll bet most of those votes are coming from envious Twins fans. Idaho, well I'm not quite sure what their story is...

Frankfan4life
12-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Saw that poll too, and Idaho and Minnesota are the only two states that apparently have more BAD MOVE votes than GOOD MOVE votes. Minnesota is understandable because I'll bet most of those votes are coming from envious Twins fans. Idaho, well I'm not quite sure what their story is...I noticed that too and had the same thought. I wonder if this means there are a lot of Twins fans in Idaho?

MRKARNO
12-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Oh no! The White Sox are going backwards! tThey'll only win 98 next year instead of 99.

If you're getting mad about this then you have the wrong mindset. If we move laterally, we're still at 99 wins. A three game improvement is 102 wins and three games backwards is 96 wins, all of which would, in all likelihood, enable us to make the playoffs. The Sox just dont have very far up to go. The moves were made to keep this team at that 99 win level through 2008 instead of 2005 or 2006

Pureone
12-28-2005, 10:48 PM
and johnny damon who sucks as well.

:?:

Yeah he is a horrible player, send him to AAA...

batmanZoSo
12-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Saw that poll too, and Idaho and Minnesota are the only two states that apparently have more BAD MOVE votes than GOOD MOVE votes. Minnesota is understandable because I'll bet most of those votes are coming from envious Twins fans. Idaho, well I'm not quite sure what their story is...

Let's see, Jon Garland--young stud, dominating in the postseason, signs for under 10 million per. Given the state of the market for even above average starting pitchers...let alone 18 game winners under 27 years old? I attribute it to complete stupidity.

RadioheadRocks
12-29-2005, 01:14 AM
Idaho is now split down the middle in the poll: 15 YES votes, 15 NO votes.

TheOldRoman
12-29-2005, 03:12 AM
Oh no! The White Sox are going backwards! tThey'll only win 98 next year instead of 99.

If you're getting mad about this then you have the wrong mindset. If we move laterally, we're still at 99 wins. A three game improvement is 102 wins and three games backwards is 96 wins, all of which would, in all likelihood, enable us to make the playoffs. The Sox just dont have very far up to go. The moves were made to keep this team at that 99 win level through 2008 instead of 2005 or 2006

Kenny didn't move laterally, though. Thome was a huge piece of the puzzle. He improves our offense immensely. Konerko will have protection in the order, Dye will move down, AJ won't be counted on for as much power, and the front two will see better pitches. He will mean a great deal to us. On paper, the 06 team is significantly better than our 2005 World Champions.

KW is so great, though, that he has been making moves to assure us those 99 wins a year through 08 while improving the current team. He patched up all possible holes before they could appear, and fixed our biggest offensive hole. As for the Sox not having very far up to go, I know for a fact that Kenny won't rest on his laurels until he puts together a 162-0 team. He fell 63 wins short of that this year, so the man is pulling late nights again.:smile: