PDA

View Full Version : Memo To Us Cellular

soxrme
12-27-2005, 08:28 AM
We went to the Bloomingdale store last night. Got there about 4:45 knowing we would have to wait in line. The line was so long - 4 hour wait, that they had to tell people they would not get into the showing. A lot of people got turned away. Another showing in the NW suburbs would really be appreciated. I really believe an all day showing is needed there. The fan turnout is tremendous.
Also I thought there are a lot of Chicagoans who will never see their team win one of these, so maybe at the 3 games at Wrigley Coop could bring out the lineups and Ozzie could follow holding the trophy over his head for all to see.

Theanticub
12-27-2005, 11:20 PM
We went to the Bloomingdale store last night. Got there about 4:45 knowing we would have to wait in line. The line was so long - 4 hour wait, that they had to tell people they would not get into the showing. A lot of people got turned away. Another showing in the NW suburbs would really be appreciated. I really believe an all day showing is needed there. The fan turnout is tremendous.
Also I thought there are a lot of Chicagoans who will never see their team win one of these, so maybe at the 3 games at Wrigley Coop could bring out the lineups and Ozzie could follow holding the trophy over his head for all to see.

Wasn't only the NW burbs. The South burbs (tinley park, oak forest , orland park etc) had many people get denied access. They are showing it at Orland mall..but that is a hike from bloomindale. Really was a killjoy given I wanted to take my young siblings to see the trophy :whiner:

batmanZoSo
12-27-2005, 11:32 PM
There's probably nothing I hate more than waiting in lines. I opted not to go to the Gaelic Park showing because of that. I'll probably just wait a while and maybe see it when it's on display at the park or wherever its final resting place is. It ain't goin' nowhere...

DaleJRFan
12-28-2005, 03:24 AM

I was there too. Got there at 4:00 and only had to wait in line for an hour. The crowd was insane. I feel really bad for the people who were turned away. I was not expecting a crowd that large and I doubt anyone else was either. Not only did you poor guys stand in line for 4 hours for nothing, but it was really damn cold, too...

ewokpelts
12-28-2005, 04:11 AM
To be a Sox fan means you stand in line....a LOT.
Gene

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-28-2005, 06:25 AM
To be a Sox fan means you stand in line....a LOT.
Gene

Well, based on the push in the offseason for tix....we all better get used to that. Concession stand lines, bathroom lines, etc etc etc....winning has its advantages, and disadvantages.

Kuzman
12-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Well, based on the push in the offseason for tix....we all better get used to that. Concession stand lines, bathroom lines, etc etc etc....winning has its advantages, and disadvantages.

Thats why I bought season tickets. The days of walking up and getting a front row seat are over:mad: Hoorah for Season tickets though!

jabrch
12-28-2005, 07:02 AM
I'll keep that in mind if I try and go some other time.

downstairs
12-28-2005, 08:19 AM
It will be in Schaumburg on 1/11/06...

jenn2080
12-28-2005, 11:11 AM
I actually saw it on a total fluke. I went with a friend to get her phone fixed at US Cell and there was the trophy. There was hardly anyone in there...possibly because it was on the northside. But it was really awesome to see.

Viva Medias B's
12-28-2005, 11:16 AM
I hapened to see it on December 6, when it was a Navy Pier. There were no lines, at least during the first hour or so, and you could walk right up to it.

Speaking of long lines that we would not be used to, just wait until SoxFest!

dakuda
12-28-2005, 11:34 AM

There was an all day showing in Algonquin on the 23rd. THere were posts here about it as well. 5 minute wait was great.