PDA

View Full Version : The White Sox Win the Pennant!!!

IronFisk
12-26-2005, 02:02 PM
I am in tears once again. Literally soaked.

:bandance:

soxfan1983
12-26-2005, 02:11 PM

yes, i was watching at home during my lunch break from work. :whiner: (thats a happy cry)

cheeses_h_rice
12-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Seems like yesterday, doesn't it?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3389&d=1129583074

:gulp:

ChiSoxGirl
12-26-2005, 02:12 PM

From Friday night at Dugan's: "Contreras has been tough, tough, tough. Here's a ground ball to first, Konerko has it... THE WHITE SOX WIN THE PENNANT! THE WHITE SOX WIN THE PENNANT! THE WHITE SOX ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!" :D:

ChiSoxGirl
12-26-2005, 02:31 PM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3389&d=1129583074

Yes, it sure does! That picture is still adorned on the wall at Puffers; IronFisk & I saw it there on Friday night before Dugan's and paid homage to it! It was so weird to be in Puffers again- just not the same as it was throughout October, though!

And hey... there's that famous forehead of mine on the bottom! :tongue:

cheeses_h_rice
12-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Yes, it sure does! That picture is still adorned on the wall at Puffers; IronFisk & I saw it there on Friday night before Dugan's and paid homage to it! It was so weird to be in Puffers again- just not the same as it was throughout October, though!

And hey... there's that famous forehead of mine on the bottom! :tongue:

Don't forget the IRON FIST OF CHIPS

Hitmen77
12-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Even though winning the pennant has been surpassed by winning the World Series, I'll always remember October 16, 2005 as a great day in Sox history. Our 46 year pennant drought is over. For those of us born after '59, we never experienced our team winning a pennant. Great moment. Thanks Ozzie and Co. for making it happen!

ilsox7
12-26-2005, 11:21 PM
From Friday night at Dugan's: "Contreras has been tough, tough, tough. Here's a ground ball to first, Konerko has it... THE WHITE SOX WIN THE PENNANT! THE WHITE SOX WIN THE PENNANT! THE WHITE SOX ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!" :D:

Not to be picky, but it's actually:

"He has been tough, tough, tough since then. Here's the swing and a groundball to 1st. Konerko has it. He steps on the bag. The White Sox have won the Pennant! They've won the pennant! A White Sox winner and they're going to the World Series. They're mobbing Konerko on the first base side of the infield. The White Sox have won 4 in a row and they'll start the World Series at home on the South Side next weekend.....OH BABY!"

mike squires
12-26-2005, 11:34 PM

I rerally wish I had been there with a lot of you. Watching it home was fun, but at times it seems something was missing. Being in a bar with die hards like myself would hve been thrilling. Maybe next year.:D:

HomeFish
12-26-2005, 11:45 PM
I watched the game on Gameday when it actually happened. When seeing it on TV today, I am absolutely amazed at how badly K-Rod sucked out there. Not just his results, but his delivery and everything. I guess those things happen to you when you're down 3-1 in the LCS and not named Josh Beckett.

fquaye149
12-27-2005, 12:27 AM
I watched the game on Gameday when it actually happened. When seeing it on TV today, I am absolutely amazed at how badly K-Rod sucked out there. Not just his results, but his delivery and everything. I guess those things happen to you when you're down 3-1 in the LCS and not named Josh Beckett.

Oh Homefish, the more things change, the more they stay the same

IronFisk
12-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Don't forget the IRON FIST OF CHIPS

Caption of the Year! :gulp:

IronFisk
12-27-2005, 12:54 AM

No doubt GIRL! Nearly empty, plenty of chairs and a CLEAN floor - quite surreal!

ChiSoxGirl
12-27-2005, 12:56 AM
No doubt GIRL! Nearly empty, plenty of chairs and a CLEAN floor - quite surreal!

And what did you say is all that's missing on that floor? The chalk outline of where I was laying after the last out of the World Series was made, of course! :redneck I'll always remember that it was you who did the gentlemanly thing and helped me up!

itsnotrequired
12-27-2005, 09:19 AM

:rolling: :roflmao:

credefan24
12-27-2005, 10:47 AM
I got chills watching it again, even if I didn't have Rooney's audio, and had to listen to those jabronis from Fox.

The White Sox Win the Pennant! The White Sox Win the Pennant!
Amazing.

SOXSINCE'70
12-27-2005, 11:11 AM
I'm still numb 3 months later.Watching the DVD's still
gives me the chills.:cool: :cool:

IronFisk
12-27-2005, 12:59 PM
I got chills watching it again, even if I didn't have Rooney's audio, and had to listen to those jabronis from Fox.

The White Sox Win the Pennant! The White Sox Win the Pennant!
Amazing.

It's nice that the folks at MLB superimposed Rooney's call over the video for the WS DVD. Like the audio alone wasn't enough to bring tears!

IronFisk
12-27-2005, 01:01 PM
And what did you say is all that's missing on that floor? The chalk outline of where I was laying after the last out of the World Series was made, of course! :redneck I'll always remember that it was you who did the gentlemanly thing and helped me up!

Thanks me dear! I thought it downright hilarious (or pathetic) that Mike admitted ignoring his girlfriend who fell on you. Hey...priorities :redneck

richb2
12-27-2005, 08:38 PM
hi---the world series win was the best, but I will always remember calling my cousin and yelling the sox are going to the world series-it finally meant that teh long drought was finally over.