PDA

View Full Version : WS Trophy @ Gaelic Park

kevin57
12-24-2005, 02:00 PM
This is especially for south suburban Sox fans, but the Championship Trophy tour stops at Gaelic Park on Monday, the 26th, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Erin Go Braugh! :wink:

batmanZoSo
12-24-2005, 11:28 PM
This is especially for south suburban Sox fans, but the Championship Trophy tour stops at Gaelic Park on Monday, the 26th, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Erin Go Braugh! :wink:

Gotten drunk with the turkeys many a time there. I might have to go for this one.

chitownhawkfan
12-24-2005, 11:29 PM
As a frequent visitor to Gaelic Park I will be there on Monday to see the trophy in all its beauty.

getonbckthr
12-25-2005, 01:24 AM
We have a Little Ireland??

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-25-2005, 09:22 AM
I'll be there...RHPH and RHPH Jr.

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-26-2005, 12:39 PM
RHPH and RHPH Jr. got there at 9AM. The main parking lot was 3/4 full. There were a handful of Sox fans "tailgating", and we went in. The line went into the ballroom east of the main ballroom. About 9:30, the line increased. The line went from the main ballroom doors, wrapped around the walls of the east ballroom, out into the hallway, back DOWN the hallway, as a 2nd line inside the 1st in the ballroom, then back outside(like a big spring). As we got closer to the entry to the main ballroom, the security guard told me the line went into the parking lot, then EAST into the 2nd parking lot...his estimates were there were 5,000 people in line.
Doors to the main ballroom opened at 9:55...I have the pictures and was out the door by 10:50. The people collecting $$ for WSC said they were staying til at least 2PM, but no guarantees that everyone would get in. They showed the WS DVD while everyone was in line. When we left, I took pics of the crowd...and the line stretched all the way across the east parking lot...and both lots were full of cars.

GREAT showing by Sox fans. Someone from the WS said this was the biggest turnout since the tour started. They gave baseball cards to all kids(assorted) and a "ticket stub" for your donation...which will look nice matted with my picture behind the trophy. I got 3 pics - trophy by itself, me and my son, then me. TOTALLY worth it. Great job White Sox!!!! :D:

RallyBowl
12-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Where is it going after that? And how about tomorrow? I am still in town and want to go. Where can I get a schedule of where it's going? Help!

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-26-2005, 01:11 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/trophy_tour.jsp

doublem23
12-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Yikes... I'm going out to Bloomingdale later tonight. Maybe I should leave earlier than originally planned. :o:

:)

winning ugly 72
12-26-2005, 02:33 PM
i went to gaelic park to see the trophy today unfortunatley we did not to get to see it at about 10:45am while in line people started to leave we were then told by sheriff's police that the line was to long and we would not be able to view the trophy a white sox rep also said the trophy would be orland mall on thursday and they would keep it there for as long as possible. was any one else in the line at this time when they closed the line?

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-26-2005, 02:40 PM
i went to gaelic park to see the trophy today unfortunatley we did not to get to see it at about 10:45am while in line people started to leave we were then told by sheriff's police that the line was to long and we would not be able to view the trophy a white sox rep also said the trophy would be orland mall on thursday and they would keep it there for as long as possible. was any one else in the line at this time when they closed the line?

When I walked out at 10:50, the line was still in place and growing. I didn't see a sheriff anywhere when I drove out of the parking lot...they said they were going to keep it there as long as possible, but it did have a 5PM(Bloomingdale) showing. Double M, I would get there at LEAST an hour early.

HotelWhiteSox
12-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Yikes... I'm going out to Bloomingdale later tonight. Maybe I should leave earlier than originally planned. :o:

:)

I'll see you there :cool:

IIRC, that store is tiny, so I'm guessing an outside wait is guaranteed

Andy T Clown
12-26-2005, 03:13 PM
They closed the front door about 11:00. I got there about 10:15 and never had a chance to get in. I guess I have to make a road trip the next time it is on the north side. :mad:

Wsoxmike59
12-26-2005, 03:51 PM
I was there with Mrs Wsoxmick59 (it just so happens to be her B'day today as well) and we got there right at 10:00.

3 hour wait to see the trophy! But it was worth it. The WS DVD played 3 times while we were there. Good group of Sox fans in front and back of us, made the time go by rather quickly. :D:

Any word if the World Series Trophy is going to be at Soxfest?? I would imagine it would be.

Law11
12-26-2005, 03:57 PM

I was at Algonquin talking to the WS guys about Orland (having a lot of friends in that area) he said they know they are going to be mobbed. They couldnt believe the turnout in Algonquin and said they only have a short window of time at Orland and theyd have to get there eariler. He also asked me to let people know IT WILL RETURN TO THE ORLAND AREA. He just didnt know when.

How bout the cool SOX SUV.... I have some pictures in the Photo Library here.

chitownhawkfan
12-26-2005, 04:36 PM
We have a Little Ireland??

Yeah, its called the southside.

chitownhawkfan
12-26-2005, 04:38 PM
I was there today, I arrived at nine thirty and got in at about ten forty five. I could be mistaken, but did I see CheeseHRice in the ballroom, I wanted to stop and say hi, but I didnt want to get hassled about losing my spot in line. It was even better than I thought it would be.

Unbelievable.

Wsoxmike59
12-27-2005, 06:09 AM
I forgot to post this yesterday. There was a group about 3 or 4 spots ahead of us in line with a guy and his family. (I assume)

After he had his picture taken with his family around the WS Trophy, he had one taken of just him with the trophy, and he took out a big hand made sign that read:

THE CUBS STILL SUCK!! :D:

Wsoxmike59
12-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Article about the WS Trophy at Gaelic Park in today's Daily Southtown: http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dsindex/27-ds2.htm

South Side pride

Thousands flood Gaelic Park to get a look at Sox's World Series trophy, but not everyone's wish came true

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

By Kate McCann
Staff writer

kevin57
12-27-2005, 08:34 PM
I got there at 9:45 and no more than a hundred people behind me were allowed in. The line--as has been noted--snaked in and around and back of the dining area there.

Everyone seemed pretty cool with the wait...and the trophy was a sight to behold. :D:

South Side
12-28-2005, 08:37 PM
It will be there again tomorrow at 5 I believe.