PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Soxfest

mike squires
12-25-2005, 11:30 PM
OK, with the holidays starting to wind down, we can start looking forward to Soxfest. It's gonna be packed and I'm sure there will be many good questions. Anyone know what they are going to ask Kenny, Ozzie and Hawk. I won't be in attendence unless someone wants to take me:D: .

I would ask Hawk, "I heard you were in the shower during an important play of the series. Is that true and where did you watch the ALDS and ALCS?

StillMissOzzie
12-26-2005, 04:40 PM
OK, with the holidays starting to wind down, we can start looking forward to Soxfest. It's gonna be packed and I'm sure there will be many good questions. Anyone know what they are going to ask Kenny, Ozzie and Hawk. I won't be in attendence unless someone wants to take me:D: .

I would ask Hawk, "I heard you were in the shower during an important play of the series. Is that true and where did you watch the ALDS and ALCS?

What will we wear?
What will we talk about?
And most importantly, what will steff have to talk about now? :tongue:

SMO
:D:

Soxfest
12-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Yes, go ahead with your question.

BainesHOF
12-27-2005, 03:11 AM
Personally I think some apologizes to Williams are in order from people who took cheap shots at him the past couple years. He's always tried his best under budget restraints. Sure, some gambles were lost, but he always tried to pull off a World Series title. And he finally did it.

FedEx227
12-27-2005, 03:47 AM
Ya last year the guys at the Sunday session with Ozzie/Kenny were just idiots.

"I don't see how you can justify losing all of our power, mainly Carlos Lee, for some track runner... you should be ashamed of yourself Kenny Williams"

or my favorite from last year:

"Kenny, have you considered moving the fences back to match our pitching staff... since we aren't a home-run hitting team anymore, I think this change would help both sides of the ball."

Jaffar
12-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Is there any kind of tentative schedule yet or at least some guaranteed players? I am only going on Sunday so far but was just curious if any player info had been released. I had no idea what the schedule was laste year until I got there but I was hoping to have a better plan this year with it being such a big hit.

TornLabrum
12-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Is there any kind of tentative schedule yet or at least some guaranteed players? I am only going on Sunday so far but was just curious if any player info had been released. I had no idea what the schedule was laste year until I got there but I was hoping to have a better plan this year with it being such a big hit.

I doubt if you'll see anything as far as dates and times for players until a couple of days before SoxFest starts. You may start to hear some players' names in the next couple of weeks, though, if things run true to form.

DumpJerry
12-27-2005, 09:25 AM
"What bar will people be at for those of us who did not get tickets?"

"How 'bout them Cubs?"

"Will you (Ozzie) follow all the advice WSI gives you on a daily basis?"

mike squires
12-27-2005, 10:19 AM
"What bar will people be at for those of us who did not get tickets?"

"How 'bout them Cubs?"

"Will you (Ozzie) follow all the advice WSI gives you on a daily basis?"

:o: you're not going Bob!!! You're slacking!!! We Can't afford it again this year. Well, I guess we probably could but the main reason is there is no pool at the hotel and I'm not asking my 2 year old girl to stand in lines all weekend. Can't wait till she's 3.:D:

gr8mexico
12-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Well players attending Soxfest should be posted soon. But the schedule of the events scheduled for Soxfest is usually posted just a couple of days before. I hope every players is there this year. Last year not everyone showed up.

Iwritecode
12-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Well players attending Soxfest should be posted soon. But the schedule of the events scheduled for Soxfest is usually posted just a couple of days before. I hope every players is there this year. Last year not everyone showed up.

The only player who didn't show up was Garcia.

Bo Jackson showed up unexpectedly and sat at the signing table with Rowand. Of course I wasn't in that line... :(:

gr8mexico
12-27-2005, 11:54 AM

Bo Jackson showed up unexpectedly and sat at the signing table with Rowand. Of course I wasn't in that line... :(: WHAT!!! Well Juan Uribe left after Friday because of a family emergency, Mark Buehrle,Contreras,& Hermanson where not in attendance. But I think last year was the 1st time that there was that many players in attendance.

Blob
12-27-2005, 12:22 PM

Bo Jackson showed up unexpectedly and sat at the signing table with Rowand. Of course I wasn't in that line... :(:

I was lucky enough to be in that line last year. But, I had Bo on a bat from a SoxFest from about 6 years ago. So, last year I bought the picture of him on the motorcycle the Sox gave him and had him sign that.

Flight #24
12-27-2005, 12:45 PM
FWIW, I believe Konerko said in his email letter that he'd be at SoxFest.

SOX ADDICT '73
12-27-2005, 12:52 PM
I don't know about the e-mail, but in the conference call after the signing he said he would definitely be there.

gr8mexico
12-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Yeah I think the only one that we can be sure to show up is Konerko. But Almost all the rookies show up for sure. I really hope Bobby "EL GORDO" Jenks shows up. I have to finish an autograph bat that I started getting signed by last years team. Can anyone call there rep and ask them who would be showing up @ Soxfest. I just cant wait any longer is going to be the best ever. We are exactly 1 month away from Soxfest YES!!!!!!!!

DumpJerry
12-27-2005, 01:32 PM
:o: you're not going Bob!!! You're slacking!!! We Can't afford it again this year. Well, I guess we probably could but the main reason is there is no pool at the hotel and I'm not asking my 2 year old girl to stand in lines all weekend. Can't wait till she's 3.:D:
I sent you a PM. See you at the other Soxfext at 35th and Shields this Summer!

HotelWhiteSox
12-27-2005, 01:40 PM
I hope Comcast televises the opening night ceremony. Fox Sports Chicago did it one year, and I'm never able to go Friday night. It'll be cool to see the applause the player gets when arriving for session. I remember when guys like Durham and Baldwin used to get nice rounds when arriving, should be fun

Yes, go ahead with your question.

You created that screen name for that very reason didn't you? :tongue:

BeefyD
12-27-2005, 01:43 PM

Got Konerko 2 yrs. ago on a black bat. Gotta love the 4 hours in line for that one.

I guess I just don't understand the logic behind setting this up. I spent $50 two years ago on a Blackhawks charity dinner where afterwards, the whole team was lined up at two tables, and you got everyones autograph. Why scatter everybody and make people wait 4-hours to get one sig? Granted, it was the Blackhawks, but maybe do three sessions a day for two hours, half the team at one table and the other half at the other. Give everyone the possibility to get the whole team over 3 days.

That's just my logic.

Iwritecode
12-28-2005, 01:54 PM
I think somebody needs to ask KW why all his offseason moves took place on Wednesdays. :cool:

gr8mexico
12-28-2005, 01:56 PM
I think somebody needs to ask KW why all his offseason moves took place on Wednesdays. :cool: Next Wednesday will be the day the Sox announce the Soxfest lineup:bandance: I hope so

Iwritecode
12-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Next Wednesday will be the day the Sox announce the Soxfest lineup:bandance: I hope so

Based on years past, we've got at least 2 and possibly three more Wednesdays to wait for that.

gr8mexico
12-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Based on years past, we've got at least 2 and possibly three more Wednesdays to wait for that. The last couple of years they would announce a couple of players guaranteed to attend like the coaches and some players. This year it looks like there keeping everything a secret. I already got my Jim Thome Jersey ready to get signed.:bandance:

shoelessjoe90
12-28-2005, 02:45 PM
What pens should I bring to be signed with?

Iwritecode
12-28-2005, 02:51 PM
What pens should I bring to be signed with?

You don't need them unless you plan on getting autographs at the bar, lobby, outside etc...

At the tables they have an assortment of pens and markers to sign with. Black, blue, silver (for signing black helmets and bats).

ilsox7
12-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Someone needs to ask KW when he plans to walk on water.

Iwritecode
12-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Someone needs to ask KW when he plans to walk on water.

I do that all the time.

Of course with the warm weather we've been having lately it has become more difficult... :wink:

Bobbo35
12-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Personally I think some apologizes to Williams are in order from people who took cheap shots at him the past couple years. He's always tried his best under budget restraints. Sure, some gambles were lost, but he always tried to pull off a World Series title. And he finally did it.
Ya, he got attacked pretty bad last year. If I remember right it was one guy and a lady as well that was laying it on pretty heavy towards KW. Yes, an apology I think is needed.

The Dude
12-30-2005, 02:20 PM
Well mostly people were pretty happy with the moves but there are always morons who get bitter when their favorite players are let go/traded. I'm sure we will hear a "Why the **** did you trade my boy Aaron/dump my boys Willie and Timo???"

Side note....any specific plans for the WSIers this year with the hotel package?? I didnt see it mentioned but PM me if you have the hotel and plan on meeting up with Chips and I.

TornLabrum
12-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Ya, he got attacked pretty bad last year. If I remember right it was one guy and a lady as well that was laying it on pretty heavy towards KW. Yes, an apology I think is needed.

It was before the 2004 season that Steff laid into KW at SoxFest.

Bobbo35
12-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Ya, she gave it to him pretty well.

Brian26
12-30-2005, 03:27 PM

As far as Soxfest Q & A's, that's the best one I've ever attended.

However, that was also the most frustrating one. Everyone's main gripe with KW at that time was that he was letting Everett and Robbie Alomar go. Nobody seemed to understand the arbitration process, and to this day I'm glad KW didn't offer arbitration to either guy, because they would both have accepted and we would have been stuck with two terrible contracts.

When you look back on it, it's funny that everyone was so upset about losing those two guys. Rowand ended up having a pretty good 2004 season in place of Everett. I guess Willie didn't really work out at 2b, but Uribe did. You could argue pretty easily that Kenny made the right decision on both of those contracts.