PDA

View Full Version : ALCS Game 4 Replay

starboy0
12-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Shut up Joe Buck and Tim McCarver! Having listened to Rooney and Farmio the first time through, I didn't realize how Joe and Tim went on and on about the calls that have been going against the Angels. They keep replaying those clips ad nauseum.

Joe is so upset as is Timmy. There is even a shutuptimmccarver.com website! I found it by accident when I went to baseballreference.com to Tim McCarver's page.

Oh-oh Joe is on a rip again. Talking about AJ's interference for the 17th time. Now he's bringing it up with Ozzie.

These ESPN guys just seem to love the big name teams and media darlings.

I do like listening to Lou Pinella though. He's giving some good insight and not whining.

NonetheLoaiza
12-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Shut up Joe Buck and Tim McCarver! Having listened to Rooney and Farmio the first time through, I didn't realize how Joe and Tim went on and on about the calls that have been going against the Angels. They keep replaying those clips ad nauseum.

Joe is so upset as is Timmy. There is even a shutuptimmccarver.com website! I found it by accident when I went to baseballreference.com to Tim McCarver's page.

Oh-oh Joe is on a rip again. Talking about AJ's interference for the 17th time. Now he's bringing it up with Ozzie.

These ESPN guys just seem to love the big name teams and media darlings.

I do like listening to Lou Pinella though. He's giving some good insight and not whining.

Not to nitpick, but McCarver and Buck are Fox guys.

SoxSpeed22
12-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Good call Starboy0. The griping about catcher's interference went on for at least 2 innings, and they were convinced that the Angels would've scored at least 9 runs in that inning. We all know that if those calls went against us, they would be complimenting the umps for the right call.

starboy0
12-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Not to nitpick, but McCarver and Buck are Fox guys.

Oops. Quite right. I was putting them in the same category with Berman.

SOXSINCE'70
12-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Oops. Quite right. I was putting them in the same category with Berman.

Is there a difference??Sadly,for Sox fans,Buck,McCarver and the ESBN
(Eastern Seaboard Bias Network) wonks ALL SUCK!! As members of this
board have pointed out several times,if the Yankmees, Blow Sawx,Dodgers
or sCrUBS aren't involved,expect to hear nothing but bitching and whining
from the national announcers.:angry: :angry:

Get Back There!
12-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Made me think of the Chris Meyer's Quote on Fox after game 2 of the ALCS....Simmons put it on his quote page for Page 2:

""It was another 'Nip/Tuck' game, which you can see on FOX, and now we're heading back to 'The OC' which you can also see on FOX."

mike squires
12-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Screw em. The way the Sox were playing, they were gonna win no matter what. They were on a roll, in a zone and would have won regardles of that. I'm one that believe the ball did not hit the dirt. It doesn't matter. Sox would have found a way to win the ballgame.

That bonus material on the video is refreshing. It's nice to hear Ed, John and even a few Hawk comments on the dramatic calls.

I wish the World series video coming out in March would have an option of what commentary you could hear.

ws05champs
12-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Did you also notice how none of them were too upset that Iguchi did not get the double play because he was "only in the neighborhood" and not actually standing on 2nd base?

As far as Pinella, he seems a little more fair but some of the mistakes he makes make me wonder if he is losing some of his mental abilities. He also said he never heard of the term "in the neighborhood." I find that hard to believe.