PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Lumsden Update?

KRS1
12-23-2005, 11:25 PM
Can anyone tell me the latest on him, like about where he is in his rehab now? The last thing Ive read was on Futuresox and he was talking like he would be back by mid-season. I always expected him to miss the whole year, even though it wasnt a bad injury or surgery, but I didnt expect there to be no BP sessions and complete silence throughout the org.. I have high expectations for him once he returns, and know he has great things in his future.

Soxheads
12-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Can anyone tell me the latest on him, like about where he is in his rehab now? The last thing Ive read was on Futuresox and he was talking like he would be back by mid-season. I always expected him to miss the whole year, even though it wasnt a bad injury or surgery, but I didnt expect there to be no BP sessions and complete silence throughout the org.. I have high expectations for him once he returns, and know he has great things in his future.

Well, if all else fails he can turnaround and throw righthanded....:D

I know that he was starting to do some stuff towards the end of last season and he was feeling better. I talked to him during the playoffs, and he said they were taking it careful with him.

KRS1
12-25-2005, 12:20 AM
I expected this much, but it would be nice to hear where he's at now. Having thrown in the mid-90's before the surgery with a messed up elbow, one can only wonder whether he might be able to add some gas to fastball.

progers0826
12-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Kirk Champion told me that Lumsden made four starts in the Instructional League, working (I believe) three innings each time. His surgery was arthroscopic and he showed a great work ethic in his rehab, working very hard to get back on track for 2006. Champion and others in the organization are extremely high on Lumsden. Nobody said it to me, but I think his outlook for recovery made it easier for them to deal Gio Gonzalez and Haigwood in the Thome deal. Like Gonzalez, he's a high upside guy, maybe higher than any left-handed prospect in the organization now.

KRS1
12-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Thanks to both of you for getting back to me. PR is there any chance as of now that we see him in ST or is next season still up in the air right now?

progers0826
12-27-2005, 07:52 PM
The White Sox are looking forward to seeing him in spring training, and I think they're expecting he'll be close to full speed. But my guess is he'll be in the minor league complex. No reason to have him near the big-leaguers, not when you're worried about his health. You don't want to tempt him to overthrow and get hurt again.