PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Xmas Gift Signage

BLRMKRdave
12-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Took some time, but I think that my two brothers and dad will enjoy their Christmas gifts. Signs are 3ft. x 1 ft.

~BLRMKRdave

RallyBowl
12-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Very cool. Nice work, I'm sure they'll love 'em.

DieTrying79
12-23-2005, 07:46 PM
Those are awesome, great work!

HomeFish
12-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Looks good. I plastered my room with newspaper covers from the playoffs, but mine are not in glass. I'm willing to bet yours will last much longer.

I'm curious if anyone has the Tribune page that came out after Game 2 of the World Series. They had comic book style drawings of Crede and Podsednik as the heroes of Game 1 and 2, and then asked who would be Game 3's hero. I didn't want to keep that cover out of a fear of jinxing the team, and now its "that one that got away" for me. It was by far the coolest one that didn't involve the World Series win/trophy.

Chisox003
12-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Looks good. I plastered my room with newspaper covers from the playoffs, but mine are not in glass. I'm willing to bet yours will last much longer.

I'm curious if anyone has the Tribune page that came out after Game 2 of the World Series. They had comic book style drawings of Crede and Podsednik as the heroes of Game 1 and 2, and then asked who would be Game 3's hero. I didn't want to keep that cover out of a fear of jinxing the team, and now its "that one that got away" for me. It was by far the coolest one that didn't involve the World Series win/trophy.
I have every Tribune cover from the entire postseason, and I remember the exact one you're talking about. Definitely some cool looking shizzle.

No, it's not for sale. :tongue:

lizard6king6
12-24-2005, 01:46 AM
I have every Tribune cover from the entire postseason, and I remember the exact one you're talking about. Definitely some cool looking shizzle.

No, it's not for sale. :tongue:

Same here, have em all. Tribune and Suntimes and a few red eyes :) I dont remember that for some reason now I have to go back and look. Oh by the way, very nice frames you made :) Ill have to take a pic of the one I made some time and post it but Im sure theyll love it, if they dont I'll take em :) But I am sure they will love it:bandance:

leens01
12-24-2005, 10:45 AM
I may have a copy of it at work. I think I got two that day. I'll have to let you know after the New Year as I am on vacation right now. Gotta love the life of a teacher!

RoobarbPie
12-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Took some time, but I think that my two brothers and dad will enjoy their Christmas gifts. Signs are 3ft. x 1 ft.

~BLRMKRdave

Those are sweet man. You're a good sibling!!

How did you get the "heroes need a night off" playoffs ad into a poster? Is that just from the newspaper? I can't tell the quality of it, but it looks nice framed like that. I need to dig up my papers and get that done for my office along with the El Duque pitch sequence.

BLRMKRdave
12-24-2005, 01:47 PM
'Heroes need a Night Off' was done by first splitting up the electronic file into 4 equal parts, then printing each out on 8.5x11 photo paper on my printer, then finally putting them together on the poster board. If you want the electronic files PM me. THanks for the feedback. The same thing could be done with the 'El Duque' sequence.

~BLRMKRdave

soxfanreggie
12-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Very very nice work. They will enjoy them for sure!

Brian26
12-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Dave-

Just curious about how you added that photo to this thread. Is that a picture from a URL? I can never get my photo attachments to be that large and under 100kb.

BLRMKRdave
12-25-2005, 09:04 AM
File was saved as .jpg and is under the 100k - think it is around 86k. I used the paperclip icon above and Uploaded it from my computer. File was originally a .bmp and over 1 Meg, but converted it to .jpg and under 100k.

Hope this helps!

~BLRMKRdave

RoobarbPie
12-26-2005, 03:53 PM
'Heroes need a Night Off' was done by first splitting up the electronic file into 4 equal parts, then printing each out on 8.5x11 photo paper on my printer, then finally putting them together on the poster board. If you want the electronic files PM me. THanks for the feedback. The same thing could be done with the 'El Duque' sequence.

~BLRMKRdave

Does anyone have the El Duque pitch sequence ad saved on their computer? It's the only one that doesn't load at the whitesox.com fan forum site for print ads. I'm not sure if it's going to get fixed sometime so that it will load or not....If so, can you PM me?

Thanks