PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stat

JohnTucker0814
12-23-2005, 05:55 PM
I was just looking over our stats from last year... I know Paulie gets a bad rap for hitting into double plays (GidPK) However... He only hit into 10 last year. Rowand led the team with 17, followed by Iguchi with 16, Dye 15, Pierzynski 13, Everett 11...

Something that all of us may have overlooked.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2005.shtml (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2005.shtml)

Thought it was worth discussing. I'm suprised by Iguchi.

JohnTucker0814
12-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Also... only 10 errors for Crede...

15 for Chavez (Oak)
11 for Blalock (Tex)
12 for Rodriguez (NYY)
14 for Beltre (Sea)

No question we have to keep Crede!!!

OzzieBall2005
12-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Crede has grown on me like Ventura did roughly 10 years ago. They gotta keep this guy. Everyone shouts "BORAS" when future negotiations are talked about but Crede's not a top notch player like Mags, Damon, etc. He will cost some money, but it wont be a crazy number. How he did not win the Gold Glove last year is beyond me.

RoobarbPie
12-23-2005, 06:15 PM

15 for Chavez (Oak)
11 for Blalock (Tex)
12 for Rodriguez (NYY)
14 for Beltre (Sea)

I didn't realize that Blalock had only 11......

I loved Crede's clutch-ness (is that even a word?) this year, but worry about his back. No amount of money can buy big plays like those Joe gave us. Look at A-Rod and Vlad. Joe has proven himself much more than those guys have in the playoffs.

RallyBowl
12-23-2005, 06:49 PM
More than half of Aaron's were probably the last month of the season. He was really struggling.

On a side note, I was thinking about Aaron the other day. Don't get me wrong, I liked him and wish him well, but I can't remember a damn thing he did in the postseason. I'm pretty sure he did something memorable, I just don't know what it is. Everyone else has sort of a memorable postseason moment. What is his? Did he do anything?

VivaOzzie
12-23-2005, 06:50 PM
I was just looking over our stats from last year... I know Paulie gets a bad rap for hitting into double plays (GidPK) However... He only hit into 10 last year. Rowand led the team with 17, followed by Iguchi with 16, Dye 15, Pierzynski 13, Everett 11...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2005.shtml (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2005.shtml)

Thought it was worth discussing. I'm suprised by Iguchi.

It always would amaze me that Iguchi was hitting into so many, when Podsednik was running in front of him most of the time. You'd think Pods could get down to 2nd in time to at least disrupt the throw...he rarely did.

sox1970
12-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Interesting Stat #2: 100 days until Opening Night!

Merry Christmas, Sox Fans!!

FedEx227
12-23-2005, 10:32 PM
More than half of Aaron's were probably the last month of the season. He was really struggling.

On a side note, I was thinking about Aaron the other day. Don't get me wrong, I liked him and wish him well, but I can't remember a damn thing he did in the postseason. I'm pretty sure he did something memorable, I just don't know what it is. Everyone else has sort of a memorable postseason moment. What is his? Did he do anything?

I know he got an RBI in the ALDS... thats all I know off-hand.

Aaron was never considered an offensive monster, people loved him for his die-hard defense.

JoeCrede4MVP06
12-23-2005, 10:41 PM

15 for Chavez (Oak)
11 for Blalock (Tex)
12 for Rodriguez (NYY)
14 for Beltre (Sea)

This, plus the fact that Crede always gets the big hits for us. His average might be a little lower than desired, but nobody is more clutch, and the "best" third basemen in the league make more errors than he does. You're exactly right about us needing to keep Crede.

DaleJRFan
12-23-2005, 11:06 PM
The other thing to consider regarding Crede's defense is his excellent range to the left. He gets to a lot of balls that other 3B just don't get to. Couple that with his high fielding percentage, and he's the game's best. What those error stats don't show is the number of balls that Blalock/ARod/Beltre don't get to that could be possible errors. Something else to consider is how many throwing errors PK saves over at first. I'm no expert, but Ive seen it up close and PK does an outstanding job on balls in the dirt and moving up the line to get to errent throws...

Fuller_Schettman
12-23-2005, 11:09 PM

Actually, we were on it back in September... :cool:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=838155&postcount=26

elrod
12-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Well, Rowand did have that memorable play where he tried to turn a triple into a home run, at the behest of Joey Cora.