PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Cub Fan Trade Proposal du jour

SoCalWhiteSoxFan
12-23-2005, 01:20 PM
I saw this comment posted by a Cubbie fan at MLBTradeRumors.com:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2005/12/update_priortej.html#comment-12309552 (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2005/12/update_priortej.html#comment-12309552)

"WORST TRADE PROP EVER. I mean Bernard isnt the greatest Teajda would be nice here in chicago but trading away PRIOR thats not cool. I mean why can't we just trade away Williams Hill Patterson and Walker. I mean that would be a good deal. they get a young outfielder. they get 2 pitchers and a 2nd basemen for them and they can move Brian Roberts to Short.

Posted by: Donuts (mastenod999@yahoo.com) | December 23, 2005 at 11:41 AM (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2005/12/update_priortej.html#comment-12307702) "

Heh.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-23-2005, 01:37 PM
What are you talking about? Idiot proposal? That offer makes ALL the sense in the world!

I love how Cub fans think Jerome Williams is so valuable. Hey MORONS, you got Williams and a prospect for LaTroy Hawkins! What does that tell you about his value? And so what if he had a decent half season in 2005, fluke.

Corey Patterson is worthless, no team wants a stubborn idiot who swings at every fastball over his head.

Rich Hill sparkled for two starts last year until the New York Mets just chewed him up and spit him out. He then got rocked again and again and found himself in the minors.

I really hope the O's don't turn into the Pirates and give up Tejada cheap.

Wimpy
12-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Typical Cub fan thinking. I bet you this was Mike Murphy waiting to do his terrible show.

kittle42
12-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Don't blast them on this one. I've seen trade ideas just as bad advocated on this board.

MarySwiss
12-23-2005, 01:50 PM
When I saw this title, I thought at first it was about trading idiot Cub fans. Then I realized that there wouldn't be any takers.
:D:

MUsoxfan
12-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Don't blast them on this one. I've seen trade ideas just as bad advocated on this board.

Agreed. Fans overvalue players that play on their team.

FarWestChicago
12-23-2005, 02:09 PM
:whocares

:threadblows:

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-23-2005, 02:13 PM
That guy is a fool. Bernard and Teajda are shaping up to be the best players in the game. They're worth Prior and a lot more.

Wimpy
12-23-2005, 02:19 PM
MUsoxfanQuote:
Originally Posted by kittle42

What is this....Be nice to Cub fans day?

FarWestChicago
12-23-2005, 02:24 PM
What is this....Be nice to Cub fans day?How about losing your Flubsession and ignoring them? :rolleyes:

ssirish317
12-23-2005, 02:29 PM
When I saw this title, I thought at first it was about trading idiot Cub fans. Then I realized that there wouldn't be any takers.
:D:

Now thats funny.:D:

itsnotrequired
12-23-2005, 02:31 PM
How about losing your Flubsession and ignoring them? :rolleyes:

Sage advice...

Hey, hey! 3,000 posts!

RallyBowl
12-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Sage advice...

Hey, hey! 3,000 posts!

Congrats!

maurice
12-23-2005, 02:36 PM

It cuts both ways at WSI. Plenty of Sox players are undervalued, while some are compared to gods for no apparent reason. With some players, it comes and goes in waves. For example, Crede regularly alternatives between overvalued and undervalued, depending on how many clutch hits he's had lately.
:rolleyes:

Chicken Dinner
12-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Obviously this person has a Prior jersey.

MadetoOrta
12-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Why do we even waste time talking about those losers?? Please. Let them wallow in their misery and let us celebrate and prepare for the next run for the trophy. Screw them.

Wimpy
12-23-2005, 06:34 PM
How about losing your Flubsession and ignoring them? :rolleyes:

Flubsession? I am not obbsessed with the Cubs. In fact I hate when so many Sox fans bring them up. I just thought it was curious that people were defending this Cub's fan's trade idea.

Ron Karkovice
12-24-2005, 12:25 AM
I can never bring myself to calling the Cubs the "Flubs." What is wrong with me?!?

FielderJones
12-24-2005, 02:31 PM
I can never bring myself to calling the Cubs the "Flubs." What is wrong with me?!?

You're not a trueŽ Sox fan!

voodoochile
12-24-2005, 10:37 PM

Absolutely nothing. To each their own. For me it predates Internet access, so it's just a natural thing.

Maybe if you used to root for them a long time ago and quit them for being eternal losers you would understand it better.

I found the light back in 1979 when I was 16 YO and had only been a serious fan for a few years.

I actually got a soft spot for their true fans as it has to suck to constantly get kicked in the teeth like that.

Fuller_Schettman
12-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Absolutely nothing. To each their own. For me it predates Internet access, so it's just a natural thing.

Maybe if you used to root for them a long time ago and quit them for being eternal losers you would understand it better.

I found the light back in 1979 when I was 16 YO and had only been a serious fan for a few years.

I actually got a soft spot for their true fans as it has to suck to constantly get kicked in the teeth like that.

Wow, and I thought I was the only one! I rooted for them as a wayward teen. Living in western PA, I longed for a connection to my birthplace and chose <gack!> the Flubs!

But after I came back to Chicago in 1981, I quickly discovered the error of my ways and immediately took up the Sox banner.

The only bummer about it is that my old high school pals back in Reynolds, PA still associate me as being a Cubs fan. Ew!