PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Bajenaru: What's he throw?

JermaineDye05
12-23-2005, 01:16 AM
hey I was just wondering if you guys could fill me in on what Baj throws and what you'd say his best pitch is

DaleJRFan
12-23-2005, 01:54 AM
hey I was just wondering if you guys could fill me in on what Baj throws and what you'd say his best pitch is

I am regurgiatating stuff Hangar, Maurice, KRS1 and the rest of the WSI scouts have posted, but...

He throws a low 90s four-seem fastball with no movement, flat slider and a straight change.

Maybe they'll correct me if I'm wrong.

This is consistant with what MVP05 has him setup with as pitches, so its gotta be true!

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-23-2005, 02:13 AM
From FutureSox.com:

"Baj features a good fastball, that can get as high as 93-94 and mixes it with a changeup, a slider, and a “slutter” (mix between a cutter and slider)."

DrCrawdad
12-23-2005, 06:52 AM
From FutureSox.com:

"Baj features a good fastball, that can get as high as 93-94 and mixes it with a changeup, a slider, and a “slutter” (mix between a cutter and slider)."

A "slutter?" Are you just tempting me to post something that will get me into trouble?

:)

dickallen15
12-23-2005, 11:40 AM

meatballs

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-23-2005, 09:18 PM
A "slutter?" Are you just tempting me to post something that will get me into trouble?

Thays what it said.

KRS1
12-23-2005, 10:36 PM
To put it simply, if you thought Vizc's slider got rocked wait to see Baj throw his against major league hitters. He projects as a nice pitcher when you look at his AAA stats but it could also be that he has picked on the young hitters weakness in chasing bad pitches. When he's up with the big club he seems to nibble around th ezone b/c he doesnt trust his stuff, quite frankly neither do I, if I had to guess KW has been shopping him for the last 2 seasons to no avail.

soxfanreggie
12-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Speaking of MVP '05...I'm a big fan of Lance Cormier. He is not as good in the game as he is in real life, but he's a real solid person in my bullpen.

gbergman
12-24-2005, 07:08 PM
A slutter! my imagination runs wild. dont want to get banned again though(well suspended)

Soxheads
12-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Baj is about the nicest guy there is, and I'd love to see him succeed, but he ran into some issues last year. He's proven all he can in that bandbox in Charlotte. I hope he can put it together.

SoxFan76
12-25-2005, 01:53 AM
I am regurgiatating stuff Hangar, Maurice, KRS1 and the rest of the WSI scouts have posted, but...

He throws a low 90s four-seem fastball with no movement, flat slider and a straight change.

Maybe they'll correct me if I'm wrong.

This is consistant with what MVP05 has him setup with as pitches, so its gotta be true!

You mean Randar, not Hangar.

SOXSINCE'70
12-25-2005, 11:21 AM
meatballs

Exactly what White Sox fans were afraid of.
"Here it is,Mr.Sweeney.Please hit this hanging off speed pitch
very hard and deposit into the left field seats.":(: :(: :(:

soxinem1
12-25-2005, 02:29 PM
I was at a game last year against Seattle and Ozzie brought him in to mop up. Sox had a 5-6 run lead and the mariners, with a *&#$%^ line up tatooed the ball of him. Shingo almost blew it too as the tying run got thrown out.

This guy is a nibbler, has less than commanding stuff, and hopefully will not be counted on to perform in a major way next year.

Hello Scott Ruffcorn fans, this guy is AAA all the way!

DaleJRFan
12-25-2005, 09:24 PM

yea, yea, yea... Sorry 'bout that Hangar & Randar.

DrCrawdad
12-26-2005, 08:22 AM
yea, yea, yea... Sorry 'bout that Hangar & Randar.

Hey, it's easy to confuse the two...

dlee120
12-26-2005, 07:42 PM

he throws baseballs :smile:

Brian26
12-26-2005, 11:39 PM

I was questioning that too :D:

maurice
12-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Actually, Vizcaino isn't a bad comparison. Contrary to popular belief, Vizcaino is an established MLB relief pitcher who would be welcome in most MLB bullpens, including ours.

Mayor13
12-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Look for Baj to make an impact this year...He has an excellent change up, and I have watched him pitch now for two straight years...he will prove to be a good short reliever in the bigs this year or next

KRS1
12-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Look for Baj to make an impact this year...He has an excellent change up, and I have watched him pitch now for two straight years...he will prove to be a good short reliever in the bigs this year or next

And you base this on what? I'm pretty sure most everybody here has watched him the past two septembers just like you, and I saw a guy with a 92 mph straight FB, a minor league slider, and a change-up that everyone has sat on in the majors(Travis Hafner's skyscraper bomb was off one if I recall correctly). I'm sorry if I dont buy a 28 year old guy who has had extreme success in AAA, and none what so ever in the majors. We would be better off with someone who has great stuff like Tracey who's not afraid to go after hitters, despite the accuracy(or lack there of) they might bring to the table.

Also, dont leave out Redding's name when we talk about this role in the future b/c he still throws gas with some nasty off-speed stuff. If he could ever manage to get his K/BB ratio straight and his command in the zone he could eb a very good replacement for Vizc.

rdivaldi
12-29-2005, 01:55 AM
And you base this on what? I'm pretty sure most everybody here has watched him the past two septembers just like you, and I saw a guy with a 92 mph straight FB, a minor league slider, and a change-up that everyone has sat on in the majors(Travis Hafner's skyscraper bomb was off one if I recall correctly). I'm sorry if I dont buy a 28 year old guy who has had extreme success in AAA, and none what so ever in the majors. We would be better off with someone who has great stuff like Tracey who's not afraid to go after hitters, despite the accuracy(or lack there of) they might bring to the table.

I agree. Baj is a good guy with a good work ethic, but he has AAAA stuff. He nibbles at the corners and gets rocked when he leaves stuff over the plate.

Another name that we should consider for the bullpen is Corwin Malone. He's basically all the way back from his injury and has great "stuff". Coop might be able to straighten his control out like he did for Cotts.

KRS1
12-29-2005, 04:00 AM
I agree. Baj is a good guy with a good work ethic, but he has AAAA stuff. He nibbles at the corners and gets rocked when he leaves stuff over the plate.

Another name that we should consider for the bullpen is Corwin Malone. He's basically all the way back from his injury and has great "stuff". Coop might be able to straighten his control out like he did for Cotts.

This will be the last time I mention this but, in the AFL this year I really didnt see a huge lack of control from Corwin or Paulino like some here claim. I know some of you saw them a lot more than I did, but when they pitched down here they were working in good counts. Paulino was unhittable in one of the times I saw saw him, probably because he was throwing something other than change-up/FB/change-up to every batter. Any way this unfolds it's gonna be fun down here in March watching those two, possibly Bullard and the rightys battle it out for those 2 spots in our pen.

diamondkings29
12-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Well, from what I understand is that Josh Fields RHP is slated a spot after he fully recovers. With Razor going to AAA, you know Razor is going to be pushing for Josh to get his cup of coffee to see how he does.

DaleJRFan
12-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey, it's easy to confuse the two...

:redneck yea, they even look the same, too...