PDA

View Full Version : US Cellular in Zlad Video?

HomeFish
12-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Carefully study this (http://www.jetlagtravel.com/molvania/video_medium_2.html)

During the part near the end when he talks about how "people have come for to cheer me from near and far, and as I float, I open door and shout", it looks like there is briefly a shot of the fireworks going off at night above the USCF outfield.

In another one of this guy's videos, there is something that can possibly be interpreted as a subtle jab at the Twins. But I always thought it was merely a coincidence. But perhaps Zlad is a Sox fan?

ShoelessJoeS
12-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Carefully study this (http://www.jetlagtravel.com/molvania/video_medium_2.html)

During the part near the end when he talks about how "people have come for to cheer me from near and far, and as I float, I open door and shout", it looks like there is briefly a shot of the fireworks going off at night above the USCF outfield.

In another one of this guy's videos, there is something that can possibly be interpreted as a subtle jab at the Twins. But I always thought it was merely a coincidence. But perhaps Zlad is a Sox fan?
Sorry, but I couldn't even handle the first 10 seconds of that video.

soxfan43
12-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Sorry, but I couldn't even handle the first 10 seconds of that video.

me too. who the hell is this guy?

DaleJRFan
12-23-2005, 12:26 AM
"fasten your belt seats..."

who the hell is this guy? I sure hope this is some sort of comedy.

Joosh
12-23-2005, 12:30 AM
No, I think what you see is balloons falling from a ceiling in some room.

Sorry.

Hokiesox
12-23-2005, 12:50 AM
I couldn't get anywhere near the end of it without wanting to gouge my eyes out.

Taliesinrk
12-23-2005, 02:15 AM
hahah.. you've got to be kidding right? I will never get that 30 seconds back.. ever again in my life...

Chisox003
12-23-2005, 02:33 AM
:bong:

Clembasbal
12-23-2005, 08:17 AM
I cannot believe I watched that entire thing, well I guess that's what happens when I have nothing to do except lie around at home...I don't have to teach until next year, booyeah!

I don't think I saw that part you mention, but becaue I am bored I will watch it again.

By the way, if you like this guy you got problems.:D:

Clembasbal
12-23-2005, 08:22 AM
Ok, so after wasting about 5 minutes and watching that 3 times, I think you are right but I am not sure. It is not a clear video, but it does looking like the Cell with fireworks a little.

Crazy find

Baby Fisk
12-23-2005, 08:39 AM
This is a landmark video! Zlad is part of the new wave of post-Soviet technotronica coming out of eastern europe. Zlad has always been at the forefront of this movement. He was among the first acts to appear after the fall of the USSR and is considered "king of the KORG." Obviously, the production values leave a lot to be desired, but keep in mind that technotronica is still very much an underground movement in that part of the world. The driving force behind this music is the belief in the ultimate triumph of technology over culture. Other artists in this genre include Elektrasputin and Zardoz. Thanks for this link! :cool:

Hangar18
12-23-2005, 09:03 AM
You know ............when I first saw that, I remember thinking HEY IS THAT THE CELL IN THIS?? Good find ..........

daveeym
12-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Don't have volume here at the office so I couldn't hear it but Video Killed the Radio Star and that killed video.

Got that damn song stuck in my head now.

miker
12-23-2005, 12:03 PM
This is a landmark video! Zlad is part of the new wave of post-Soviet technotronica coming out of eastern europe. Zlad has always been at the forefront of this movement. He was among the first acts to appear after the fall of the USSR and is considered "king of the KORG." Obviously, the production values leave a lot to be desired, but keep in mind that technotronica is still very much an underground movement in that part of the world. The driving force behind this music is the belief in the ultimate triumph of technology over culture. Other artists in this genre include Elektrasputin and Zardoz. Thanks for this link! :cool:
Hmmmm...no teal.

Baby Fisk
12-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Hmmmm...no teal.:wink:

Wimpy
12-23-2005, 02:13 PM
5...........4..................3.................. 1........Off Blast??????

Was that Ali G?

But seriously, it looks like footage from the parade is in there too. Well, it is footage from a parade and fireworks from a baseball stadium. I highly doubt, with the production of that video, that that is really The Cell. But then again..... who knows..... Zlad is the Man.

likeawarlord
12-23-2005, 05:40 PM
5...........4..................3.................. 1........Off Blast??????

Was that Ali G?

But seriously, it looks like footage from the parade is in there too. Well, it is footage from a parade and fireworks from a baseball stadium. I highly doubt, with the production of that video, that that is really The Cell. But then again..... who knows..... Zlad is the Man. yeah i love this video. its been around for a couple years so obviously its not sox victory parade footage in there, but it really does sort of look sort of like comiskey.

pmck003
12-23-2005, 07:38 PM
I just spent five minutes looking in an atlas for Molvania... :rolleyes:

HomeFish
12-23-2005, 07:55 PM
If you guys want to see what might be a Twins reference, check out this other song from his (of the Satanic genre). (http://www.jetlagtravel.com/molvania/antipope_medium.html)

When he says "too early the victor makes his victory roar", I think I see some homer hankies in the background.

Madvora
12-23-2005, 07:57 PM
I saw nothing in there that looked like the cell, but there did look like there was some footage of the parade down LaSalle. I don't dare go back for another look.

Dub25
12-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Wow! Is that Phil Garner's offseason project?

skobabe8
12-29-2005, 01:42 PM
I saw nothing in there that looked like the cell, but there did look like there was some footage of the parade down LaSalle. I don't dare go back for another look.

It looked more like the parade than fireworks at the cell. Maybe it was both.

But kind of disturbing if it was.........hmmmmm :?:

getonbckthr
12-29-2005, 02:16 PM
What the Hell did I just watch???

mrwag
12-29-2005, 04:12 PM
That was about the dumbest thing I've ever seen, right after Oliver...

http://www.cecimoz.co.uk/flashpanel/Oliver.htm (http://www.cecimoz.co.uk/flashpanel/Oliver.htm)

Sorry, it's not baseball related :)

Palehose13
12-29-2005, 04:58 PM
That's some funny ****. I have no idea if there is any Sox stuff in there.

Palehose13
12-29-2005, 04:59 PM
That was about the dumbest thing I've ever seen, right after Oliver...

http://www.cecimoz.co.uk/flashpanel/Oliver.htm (http://www.cecimoz.co.uk/flashpanel/Oliver.htm)

Sorry, it's not baseball related :)

Where the hell do you guys find this stuff?

ChiSoxLifer
12-29-2005, 11:16 PM
OMFG! That was the worst video I've ever seen and I can't believe I watched the whole thing. It's a good thing MTV didn't show this video first or it never would have got off the ground. Is that Will Ferrell as the singer?

FireMariotti
12-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Anyone ever hear Styx's "Too Much Time on My Hands"? THe song popped in my head as i began reading this thread.

Pureone
12-30-2005, 12:06 AM
I remember this vid from 2 to 3 years ago, this has nothing to do with the Sox.

LuvSox
12-30-2005, 12:20 AM
That was ****ing hilarious!!!!!!!