PDA

View Full Version : The Red Sox strike back at the Yankees....

y2j2785
12-22-2005, 07:57 PM
by signing John Flaherty :tongue:

The Red Sox and John Flaherty have reached a preliminary agreement on a one-year, $650,000 contract, according to the AP.
At least Ken Huckaby is a truly strong defensive catcher. Unless he has some juicy tips about Yankee weaknesses, Flaherty brings nothing at all to the table these days. He's certainly not worthy of anything more than a minor league contract.

From rotoworld.com

DenverSock
12-22-2005, 10:09 PM
by signing John Flaherty :tongue:

From rotoworld.com
Oh my God!

ChiSoxRowand
12-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Man this is a huge signing. He is switching teams in the rivalry.

HomeFish
12-22-2005, 10:36 PM
I always felt sorry for Yankee fans who showed up to one of their team's games only to find out that Flaherty was starting. It must have been a terrible feeling, especially to fans so used to seeing a quality product.

Sort of like when we had Danny Wright, only that was more predictable and you could take an effort to avoid attending his starts.

Kogs35
12-22-2005, 10:39 PM
I always felt sorry for Yankee fans who showed up to one of their team's games only to find out that Flaherty was starting. It must have been a terrible feeling, especially to fans so used to seeing a quality product.

Sort of like when we had Danny Wright, only that was more predictable and you could take an effort to avoid attending his starts.

im sure kelly stinett will make them for get the flaherty era :tongue:

ChiSoxRowand
12-22-2005, 10:50 PM
This is kind of significant in that Flaherty was pretty much Randy Johnson's personal catcher last year, and his numbers were better with Flaherty behind the plate.

Fenway
12-22-2005, 11:06 PM
Dirt Dog is brutal today

http://www.bostondirtdogs.com/

So Flaherty becomes Wakefield's catcher

This is all very nice but Boston might consider getting a shortstop and a center fielder?

If they trade for Corey Patterson I may shoot myself

TheVulture
12-23-2005, 12:03 AM

Sort of like Marc Hill for the Sox in the mid-80's. That guy always caught on Sundays and my dad used to always take us to the Sunday games as a kid. Man did I hate that.

goofymsfan
12-23-2005, 01:46 AM
Dirt Dog is brutal today

http://www.bostondirtdogs.com/

So Flaherty becomes Wakefield's catcher

This is all very nice but Boston might consider getting a shortstop and a center fielder?

There is talk that they are interested in Jeremy Reed. Please no!

SoxFan76
12-23-2005, 03:00 PM

LOL!