PDA

View Full Version : ALCS Game 2 Replay

JayMoroniotti
12-22-2005, 06:04 PM
I can't wait to watch the replay of the game tonight, just so I can hear the disappointment in Joe Buck's voice as Crede hits the game winner into the corner.

And the White Sox are going to win:whiner: !

TornLabrum
12-22-2005, 06:14 PM
I hate spoilers!

Taliesinrk
12-22-2005, 07:07 PM
I can't wait to watch the replay of the game tonight, just so I can hear the disappointment in Joe Buck's voice as Crede hits the game winner into the corner.

I'll toast to that... it's gonna be awesome...

Madvora
12-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Don't miss that Rowand triple where he's thrown out at home trying to score on an error. I was at the game and I couldn't relax after that one until the game was over.

Kuzman
12-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Ya I remember I was yelling "DONT GO, DONT GO!" while everyone else in the stadium was cheering theyre ass off. But hey, :gulp:Here's to AJ for having the biggest strike out in baseball right in front of my eyes!

itsnotrequired
12-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Don't miss that Rowand triple where he's thrown out at home trying to score on an error. I was at the game and I couldn't relax after that one until the game was over.

Just happened. I can't believe I forgot about that play!

Madvora
12-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Just happened. I can't believe I forgot about that play!
Great slide by Quinlan at 3rd to pick that ball up.
You could tell Rowand was out of gas when he got up too.

HomeFish
12-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Doug Eddings is really squeezing our batters at the plate. How much is Moreno paying this guy?

ShoelessJoeS
12-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Anyone else go nuts after Pods caught that against the wall?

:D:

batmanZoSo
12-22-2005, 09:16 PM
For this game I was driving around most of the night, catching on tv here and there and listening on the radio. Kind of depressed after losing game 1 and seeing them not hitting again in game 2. Stopped in a bar for the 9th. When AJ struck out, I said something profane and proceeded to walk out of the bar, but stopped in my tracks when I heard some commotion. Turned around and saw him on first. I was like ***?

Then after the hooplah and arguments, I ordered a double shot of stoli and planned on slamming it when the Sox took the game right there. I called it and they did! The rest of the year is history...:bandance:

ilsox7
12-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Wow. McCarver really made an ass of himself. I forgot about that b/c I just remember Buck being an idiot.

ShoelessJoeS
12-22-2005, 09:24 PM
WOW, that was awesome!!!!

I never knew it was on an 0-2 pitch

DenverSock
12-22-2005, 09:28 PM
I am now going to rant! They've blocked all the replays here. I can't see a thing! :angry: :angry: I'll have to buy the DVD's when they come out!

ShoelessJoeS
12-22-2005, 09:30 PM
After watching that game and thinking about the entire playoffs, I've come to realize that Game 2 in each series has to be the best one of that respective series. Coincidence?

TornLabrum
12-22-2005, 10:53 PM
I don't know. I think Game 3 of the World Series was the best game of that series.

chisoxfanatic
12-22-2005, 11:00 PM
I woke up from my long afternoon nap in the 3rd inning, so my tape isn't complete... :angry:

CanBuehrleWait
12-22-2005, 11:04 PM
So did we win? :D:

ShoelessJoeS
12-22-2005, 11:10 PM
I don't know. I think Game 3 of the World Series was the best game of that series.
Really? The Konerko grand slam and Pods walkoff? In my book, Game 2 of the 2005 World Series is the best game I've ever seen, no bias necessary. I think that Game 4 was even a better game than 3. Oh well, that's just my opinion.

TornLabrum
12-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Really? The Konerko grand slam and Pods walkoff? In my book, Game 2 of the 2005 World Series is the best game I've ever seen, no bias necessary. I think that Game 4 was even a better game than 3. Oh well, that's just my opinion.

You can't beat a 14-inning game that keeps you up until 1:30 a.m. when you have to get up to go to work at 4:30. But that's just me.

chisoxfanatic
12-22-2005, 11:14 PM
You can't beat a 14-inning game that keeps you up until 1:30 a.m. when you have to get up to go to work at 4:30. But that's just me.

Did you fall asleep at the wheel?

Brian26
12-22-2005, 11:17 PM

And 1:30 wasn't even the end of the postgame stuff. You went to bed early :D: I believe Comcast and Dolgin stayed on until after 2am.

Hitmen77
12-22-2005, 11:17 PM

As the comic book guy on the Simpsons would say about Game 2 of the World Series:

Best..
Game..
EVER.

batmanZoSo
12-22-2005, 11:18 PM

It was the "epic" game of the playoff run, that's for sure. Longest playoff game ever, extra-inning home run, came back off "Cy" :rolleyes:swalt. But in terms of overall quality, I might go with Game 2. Game 3 had a lot of nothing in it with all those extra innings. Very sloppy and marked by missed opportunity after missed opportunity on Houston's part (of course that was the case for pretty much every game, but especially in Game 3). I thought Game 2 was played better on both sides. Much more exciting at least to me. The Konerko grand slam was beyond amazing, and then Podsednik just came out of nowhere. Wow...

Truly, all four WS games were excellent. Especially for us :cool:, but any one could've been had by either team.

TornLabrum
12-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Did you fall asleep at the wheel?

No but I canceled tutoring the next night so I could get about an hour and a half sleep before Game 4.

Hitmen77
12-22-2005, 11:19 PM

Never saw the broadcast until tonight since I was at that game. You're right, Buck really sounded disappointed at the Sox winning. :whiner: Damn network announcers!

mweflen
12-22-2005, 11:24 PM
That ball definitely rattled around in Josh Paul's glove. Not that AJ, Eddings, or anyone else saw it besides the replay. Cosmic justice, I guess.

Iwritecode
12-23-2005, 01:04 AM
That ball definitely rattled around in Josh Paul's glove. Not that AJ, Eddings, or anyone else saw it besides the replay. Cosmic justice, I guess.

Makes up for the blown call when Crede got doubled off at second.

He was safe. :cool:

TornLabrum
12-23-2005, 01:06 AM
Buck and McCarver said he was out, so he must have been!

Taliesinrk
12-23-2005, 02:12 AM
Makes up for the blown call when Crede got doubled off at second.

He was safe. :cool:

I used to think that he was.. but watching it a couple more times, I'm pretty sure he was out... barely..

IMO, what it makes up for was the Bull**** strike zone we got in games 1 and 2. I thought the umps were hosing the sox.