PDA

View Full Version : Eric Byrnes

SkeetSkeetAmit
12-22-2005, 03:44 PM
We let Timo go so maybe we need another bench player to play the outfield. This guy would fit if he would take a bench player's salary and he's a free agent. I like this guy a lot, and has no regard for his body in the outfield. Plus, playing for the A's, it would be nice to use their magic against them if we got him.

JUribe1989
12-22-2005, 03:46 PM
We let Timo go so maybe we need another bench player to play the outfield. This guy would fit if he would take a bench player's salary and he's a free agent. I like this guy a lot, and has no regard for his body in the outfield. Plus, playing for the A's, it would be nice to use their magic against them if we got him.

Byrnes platooning with Anderson in CF next year would be a dream come true. Seriously, that would be a really great acquisition that makes a lot of sense.

BNLSox
12-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Couldn't agree more. I wonder why B-more just let him walk?

caulfield12
12-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Byrnes platooning with Anderson in CF next year would be a dream come true. Seriously, that would be a really great acquisition that makes a lot of sense.

I don't know about a dream come true, but Mackowiak and Byrnes would provide some really good insurance for Anderson in case he doesn't hit coming out of ST.

The Wimperoo
12-22-2005, 04:15 PM

Technically it's not a platoon since both bat right-handed. :wink:

DMarte708
12-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Eric Byrnes? The same Eric Byrnes who publically called our fans "the worst in baseball" on a ESPN News Rant. I don't want him here, regardless of how much he can help, without publically apologizing. I know many of you couldn't care if he helps our club, but I'll never forgive him for that.

rowand33
12-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Eric Byrnes? The same Eric Byrnes who publically called our fans "the worst in baseball" on a ESPN News Rant. I don't want him here, regardless of how much he can help, without publically apologizing. I know many of you couldn't care if he helps our club, but I'll never forgive him for that.

Yeah, I hate the guy and his constant sliding into first base.

He has no place on the white sox.

12-22-2005, 05:03 PM

Thank you...he said we were the rudest fans he has ever seen, hell with him. I used to like him too, he could hustle, but he really put his foot in his mouth with that comment. He just didn't say "Sox fans" and move on, he went into detail why!

KRS1
12-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Thank you...he said we were the rudest fans he has ever seen, hell with him. I used to like him too, he could hustle, but he really put his foot in his mouth with that comment. He just didn't say "Sox fans" and move on, he went into detail why!

I thought that was hilarious coming from a player on a team where the fans think their in Europe watching a soccer game.
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:v8UjL1p6NgoJ:www.whymilk.com/ad_downloads/austin_powers_l.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.whymilk.com/ad_downloads/austin_powers_l.jpg&imgrefurl=http://kiyone.blogspot.com/2005_05_29_kiyone_archive.html&h=600&w=467&sz=273&tbnid=v8UjL1p6NgoJ:&tbnh=133&tbnw=103&hl=en&start=5&prev=/images%3Fq%3Daustin%2Bpowers%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3De n%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN)
"Come on, I mean honestly babe, who brings a trumpet and drums to a baseball game?"

Also he will get a full time job somewhere between Boston, Florida, and maybe a return trip to Colorado.

getonbckthr
12-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Ya and AJ never talked **** about us.

rowand33
12-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Ya and AJ never talked **** about us.

but AJ is good.

Eric Byrnes is a poor man's Aaron Rowand. And he's coming off a terrible year where he hit .226 with 10 HR with 3 teams. He's hit lefties pretty well over his career, but overall... No thanks, I'll take my chances with the farm.

ShoelessJoeS
12-23-2005, 12:13 AM
but AJ is good.

Eric Byrnes is a poor man's Aaron Rowand. And he's coming off a terrible year where he hit .226 with 10 HR with 3 teams. He's hit lefties pretty well over his career, but overall... No thanks, I'll take my chances with the farm.
Agreed, we don't need another CF compareable to that of one in our farm system.

soxfan1983
12-23-2005, 11:13 AM
he is definitely a white sox type of player and would fit great in the clubhouse. put him in left field and move pod to center.... wow that would be just like we had rowand still out there. i wish there was some way we could suggest this to kenny. i would like to see what brian anderson could do for us, but you know what.... we know what byrnes can do and hes a great player. during that last baltimore series, buerhle and other sox players said that byrnes is a whitesox type player and they would love to have him.... what do you guys think?

The Wimperoo
12-23-2005, 11:18 AM
Byrnes is not an everyday player.

miker
12-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Overrated!

ParisHilton'sDog
12-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Eric Byrnes? The same Eric Byrnes who publically called our fans "the worst in baseball" on a ESPN News Rant. I don't want him here, regardless of how much he can help, without publically apologizing. I know many of you couldn't care if he helps our club, but I'll never forgive him for that.Who cares what he said about Sox fans, many players feel the same way because of so many empty seats over the years. I say, if you can get him, get him. We're going for another title, ya know!

SOXSINCE'70
12-23-2005, 03:05 PM
:anderson:
"Did I miss something?? I thought I was the first
choice for CF next season."
:LTP
"Maybe I can play a little CF as well".:cower: :duck: