PDA

View Full Version : Dj?

rhill72
12-22-2005, 12:43 PM
I know we briefly talked about this a month or so ago, but does anyone know if DJ will be back next year or is his contract up? If he is gone anyone know who will team up with Hawk next year?

Stoky44
12-22-2005, 12:49 PM
IDK know whats up with DJ, but I think..... HE GONE! Hawk goes solo this year, he doesn't need a color man.

ndu3t4
12-22-2005, 12:50 PM
IDK know whats up with DJ, but I think..... HE GONE! Hawk goes solo this year, he doesn't need a color man.
I highly doubt Hawk will go solo. Remember he needs his 7th inning break.

Fenway
12-22-2005, 12:51 PM
I know we briefly talked about this a month or so ago, but does anyone know if DJ will be back next year or is his contract up? If he is gone anyone know who will team up with Hawk next year?

he is still listed on the White Sox website as a broadcaster and they DID take Rooney off

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/broadcasters.jsp?c_id=cws

something is holding up the official announcements

tebman
12-22-2005, 12:54 PM
IDK know whats up with DJ, but I think..... HE GONE!
IIRC, DJ was MIA for the ALDS, ALCS, & WS. AFAIK, the 411 on DJ is still on the QT.

IDK.

:tongue:

Stoky44
12-22-2005, 12:55 PM

They could install a private bathroom in his booth, or just give him one of those hospital urinal jugs. Or before each game just place a catheter in him.:o:

Stoky44
12-22-2005, 12:58 PM
IIRC, DJ was MIA for the ALDS, ALCS, & WS. AFAIK, the 411 on DJ is still on the QT.

IDK.

Hey, IMNTOOTSW acronyms. I have to look up most of them on the net, the only two I will use is lol and idk. Like I have no idea what IIRC means, I have to go look that up. But from now on: IWOSWA!

tebman
12-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Hey, IMNTOOTSW acronyms. I have to look up most of them on the net, the only two I will use is lol and idk. But from now on: IWOSWA!

LOL! I wish I knew an acronym for touche', but I'm SOL. :tongue:

MsSoxVixen22
12-22-2005, 01:06 PM

:kneeslap: :roflmao:

getonbckthr
12-22-2005, 02:17 PM
LOL! I wish I knew an acronym for touche', but I'm SOL. :tongue:
*** you CLB, J/K you S/G.

DumpJerry
12-22-2005, 02:20 PM

IDK.

:tongue:
You must work at The Pentagon.

Herm Schneider
01-03-2006, 12:48 AM
maybe dj went back to japan and can not find his way back to teh southside......hawk deserves a partner who can go shot for shot with him at a bar after teh games

soxfan43
01-03-2006, 12:50 AM
I bet they announce his replacement at Soxfest.

Optipessimism
01-03-2006, 11:45 AM
I hope Dj stays. There's no reason to replace him if the Sox aren't going to replace him with a PBP man and move Hawk to color. If they don't do that then the broadcast already suffers anyway, so at least keep DJ since he can be entertaining from time to time.

DSpivack
01-03-2006, 02:29 PM
I hope Dj stays. There's no reason to replace him if the Sox aren't going to replace him with a PBP man and move Hawk to color. If they don't do that then the broadcast already suffers anyway, so at least keep DJ since he can be entertaining from time to time.

Steve Stone.

Fred Manrique
01-03-2006, 03:10 PM

I know it won't gather a lot of support around here, but I'll be very sad to see DJ go. I really enjoyed his nerdiness from trying to talk about sitcoms and music with Hawk to his signature "Uh-Oh".

soxinem1
01-03-2006, 06:38 PM
I still say Tommy John. Could you imagine the 60's baseball stories? MERCY!

I can hear Hawk right now:

This is the Hawk Ken Harrelson here along with my good friend, and new partner, The Scuff-meister, The Pitch Doctor! Old Number 25, T.J., Tommy John!

They can do the three inning splits on the radio side, so TJ can go back and forth. Just like starting and relieving!

Then Dave Wills can be the play by play guy 1-2-3 and 7-8-9 on the radio, Farmer and Hawk (that'll be great!) can do 4-5-6 on TV. TJ can go to radio 4-5-6!

Farmer as PBP is not something I look forward too. I'm not to concerned about St. Rita's Swim team or what the weight of the rosin bags were in 1976.

Personally, I think DJ has his sights on the west coast.... or the networks, when his contract is up. Was he anywhere near Chicago when the playoffs and parade were going on?

Daver
01-03-2006, 06:41 PM
It would be nice if they canned DJ and Ken Harrelson.

soxfan1983
01-03-2006, 07:16 PM
i hope dj leaves, like i said in the other thread... i cant stand him. hawk is the man.:gulp:

Chisox003
01-03-2006, 07:20 PM
It would be nice if they canned DJ and Ken Harrelson.
It was only a matter of time before Daver dropped in. Personally, I'm dissapointed it took this long. :tongue:

Well my contribution to this thread is probably worthless, but I like DJ and hope he returns next year. Him and Hawk are an excellent duo .....

Ok so no they aren't, but I do find them funny.

gobears1987
01-03-2006, 10:18 PM
You must work at The Pentagon.I can't answer for him, but that is so true of the military. Especially the USN. We have an acronym for everything. COMSUBLANT, CNET, CO, BnCO, etc.

TornLabrum
01-03-2006, 10:28 PM
I can't answer for him, but that is so true of the military. Especially the USN. We have an acronym for everything. COMSUBLANT, CNET, CO, BnCO, etc.

If you hear anybody start talking about EComCon, start to worry.

buehrle4cy05
01-03-2006, 10:42 PM
DJ is gone and Robin Ventura is in.