PDA

View Full Version : Valentin for MVP/Why does Howry have a job?

bc2k
12-26-2001, 03:12 AM
Take away all of the blown games howry had last year, and that equals division title. Durham, Howry. Singleton, Osuna, Thomas, Clayton, and Parque all should be off the team. Do you fans feel Parque should be in the rotation or bullpen. I'd say pen b/c of his 4 inning average starts, and they need 2 left handers in the pen and with the departure of lowe, a long reliever. Simas is not an option-he isn't signed.
Did anyone catch Jerry Manuel say how he needs 2 left handers in the rotation after David Wells left thus setting up Parque for rotation duty.
Herbert Perry, Sean Lowe, and David Wells are huge losses. Please trade Howry to the cubs to fill Heredia's former role of losing dozens of games.

RedPinStripes
12-26-2001, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Take away all of the blown games howry had last year, and that equals division title. Durham, Howry. Singleton, Osuna, Thomas, Clayton, and Parque all should be off the team. Do you fans feel Parque should be in the rotation or bullpen. I'd say pen b/c of his 4 inning average starts, and they need 2 left handers in the pen and with the departure of lowe, a long reliever. Simas is not an option-he isn't signed.
Did anyone catch Jerry Manuel say how he needs 2 left handers in the rotation after David Wells left thus setting up Parque for rotation duty.
Herbert Perry, Sean Lowe, and David Wells are huge losses. Please trade Howry to the cubs to fill Heredia's former role of losing dozens of games.

You need to quit smoking Krack. Howrey and Clayton can go. Durham is on a contract year so I don't think you have to worry about him hitting like last year. You want to dump half the team here inculding thomas? What team did you watch in 2000?

I think you need to re think this topic dude. You're going to catch hell for this.

SOXSINCE'70
12-26-2001, 09:08 AM
You don't get rid of players merely because of injuries.And while I kind of agree about Parque in the pen,we'll see.What if he gets off to an 8-0 start?And while I agree with Red PinStripes that Thomas may not be 100% this year,even 60 to 70% of The Big Hurt is better than no Big Hurt at all.

Re-think your position.These are players that will help the team in '02.More than you think.

You Sure you're not a sCrUBS fan??

JoeBatters
12-26-2001, 12:10 PM

http://www.thethirdrail.com/crack/h_street.JPG
Here you go !

GASHWOUND
12-26-2001, 04:35 PM

Huh? You want to get rid of everybody don't you. Osuna, Thomas, and Parque were all injured last year and coudn't be judged, cause they didn't play. Lets gve Howry another year, and who are we gonna replace these players with that you want out of here? Come on dude, be realistic.

DimaAl888
12-26-2001, 05:16 PM

Agree on Clayton, Singleton and especially Jim "wax journalistic about Pimpzilla after a 3-inning game" Parque. BUT will be difficult to trade them and can anything decent in return. That is why I think they are ALL staying unless KW is willing to give up A LOT (way more than in Pitsburgh deal) or Dodgers are indeed THAT desperate for pitching.

Completely disagree about D. Wells (no way he signs with the Sox for that kid of a deal.... how would it make him look on SNL?), Osuna, Howry and Perry. Osuna was a DOMINANT reliever a few years back and Howry was a GOOD reliever/closer for 3 straight years before an injury. Their value is lowest in years (injuries, contract), so noone will take them anyway Dodgers notwithstanding. In any case, I think they will boounce back with sub-3.50 ERAs in 2002---can Parque, Wunsht or even Wright/Barcelo do that? I don't know. As far as Herbert is concerned, two words: Joe Crede. I'd rather have an improving Leifer there than the "milkman with his zero-range and once-a-month "clutch" sac flies.

As far as Sox getting rid of 7-Mill-a-year Thomas, you are.....

:dennis

....incurably insane?

:versatile :hitless

Hey, we can play first base/DH, you know!

:hawk

They sure can, feisty.

:von

Yeah, and they made my job easy, too.

RichH55
12-26-2001, 09:33 PM
Herbert Perry is a huge loss? I'm still trying to deal with that comment....I thought with our history that people really needed to be hard-core to be fans and not make such inane comments...c'est la vie

Daver
12-26-2001, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Herbert Perry is a huge loss? I'm still trying to deal with that comment....I thought with our history that people really needed to be hard-core to be fans and not make such inane comments...c'est la vie

That would be another of those"fan favorite"things Rich.

RichH55
12-26-2001, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by daver

That would be another of those"fan favorite"things Rich.

OHHH...you mean CLR-Singleton sydrome:)