PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Willie Harris Appreciation Thread

RKMeibalane
12-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Pay tribute to the speedster who never stole bases in this thread.

ondafarm
12-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Okay, this is officially making me sick !!

OEO Magglio
12-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the winning run in the clincher.:smile:

miker
12-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the winning run in the clincher.:smile:
I'm glad somebody here remembers...

And what ever did happen to Chris Singleton?

zach23
12-22-2005, 10:19 AM
http://www.theindependent.com.au/11nov04/film%20-%20napolean%20dynamite.jpg

"Thanks Willie. You got some flippin' sweet skills. All the girls love guys with skills. You could be a rap star if you really wanted to."

jackbrohamer
12-22-2005, 10:21 AM

He left baseball, IIRC tried to get into broadcasting, came back played a few games for Tampa Bay this past season. I still don't know how he managed to hit .300 that one year for the Sox

Chicken Dinner
12-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Okay, this is officially making me sick !!
<Insert incredibly overused chunks tag>

miker
12-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Okay, this is officially making me sick!!
No...sick would be the "*OFFCIAL* Monty Stratton Appreciation Thread!"

voodoochile
12-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Give this thread a year and it is going to have like 1000 posts, 900 of them from Bafia...:D:

TornLabrum
12-22-2005, 10:43 AM

I heard a rumor the other day that Singleton is in the running for the job as Farmio's partner next year.

Fred Manrique
12-22-2005, 10:50 AM
I can't believe the Willie appreciation thread has that quickly moved away from Willie.

Oh well, thanks Willie for the winning run and being able to be used as an outfielder in 2004 Strat-O-Matic.

RallyBowl
12-22-2005, 10:51 AM
If Willie doesn't get picked up by anyone, I guarantee he shows up at ST somewhere next year uninvited, a la Willie Mays Hayes.

I always kind of liked you Willie. Good luck, and I hope you realize your potetial somewhere someday.

And thanks, cause without you, we never would have got Tadahito.:cool:

Jerko
12-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Give this thread a year and it is going to have like 1000 posts, 900 of them from Bafia...:D:

I have a funny feeling it won't take a year..................

voodoochile
12-22-2005, 10:52 AM
I heard a rumor the other day that Singleton is in the running for the job as Farmio's partner next year.
:slowswing:
"There's the pitch...

It's...

A...

Curve...

bal..."

:farmer:
"Chris, the ball is already back to the pitcher."

Baby Fisk
12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks for scoring the run that freed us all from the shackles of history. Now scram!

tebman
12-22-2005, 11:05 AM
:rolling: You beat me to it!

Bafiarocks, my friend, we're glad you're here. You're the id to our superego. We admire and take inspiration from your pure fandom.

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1007241/photo_04.jpg
"You have a passion, Ray. Misguided though it might be, it is still a passion. I had that passion once..."

bafiarocks03
12-22-2005, 11:48 AM
I Love You Willie!! I'm You Biggest Fan Ever! I Love You Sooo Much!! You Are My Favorite Baseball Player, And Always Will Be!!!!! Wherever You Go! I Will Go Visit You!! Thank You So Much For All The Memories I Have Of You!! Hugging You! And What Not! I Love You!!

Fuller_Schettman
12-22-2005, 11:55 AM
And What Not!

:rolling:

You are one of a kind Bafia! We're glad to have you here!
:wink:

slavko
12-22-2005, 12:22 PM
1. Willie: Look at the non-tender as an opportunity. Sign somewhere where you have a chance to play every day. Pick it and throw it like I know you can. Hit to the gaps and use your speed on the bases, like you saw Pods do. Stay patient at the plate. Keep a positive attitude and remember that the hiney birds on this board can't take that ring away from you.

2. Dear Willie Haters: Don't heave all over me until next September. Then I'll be the first one to criticize myself for what I just wrote.

mweflen
12-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Dear Willie,

Seeya. Wouldn't wanna be ya.

But you have one true fan: Bafiarocks. That counts for something :D:

BarbG
12-22-2005, 12:35 PM
I Love You Willie!!...And What Not!...

:?:

Hugging's OK but NO WHAT NOT, young lady!

Truth be told, I have great appreciation for every single member of our magic 2005 team. Each and every contribution was a piece of the whole and I'm not willing to diss out ANY ONE of them.

I was impressed when Willie came back from AAA and gave his all in his limited role. He has the skill and the speed but appeared to lack the confidence and drive to achieve his full potential. I really hope he finds it with more experience.

Thank you, Willie, for that huge clutch hit that made it possible for you to score the winning run in Game 4. That will never be forgotten.

1951Campbell
12-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Thank you, Willie, for that huge clutch hit that made it possible for you to score the winning run in Game 4. That will never be forgotten.

Willie, you're kind of our Dave Roberts.

Good luck and remember...you'll always have the ring.

Mots09
12-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks for getting us a round of beer at Sox Fest 2005 and letting me bum a dip of Skoal Spearmint.

You are the man 'Southside' Willie

HomeFish
12-22-2005, 01:47 PM
I was at Willie Harris's major-league debut on July 26, 2002 against Kansas City. If I am not mistaken, he had a homerun and a double off the CF wall. That was also the game where I had Sierra Mist for the first time, and now its my favorite soft drink.

I also was at a game in 2004 where Willie Harris homered to deep center against Cleveland. So I've seen, in-person, two Willie Harris home runs. I have fond memories of both.

Willie Harris is also batting 1.000 in post-season play.

SoxSpeed22
12-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the run, and being the major-leaguer from Cairo, Georiga. Of course, you'll never be as famous as the first one, but you got here. He'll catch on somewhere in the National League and I wish him good.

RallyBowl
12-22-2005, 02:30 PM
I was at Willie Harris's major-league debut on July 26, 2002 against Kansas City. If I am not mistaken, he had a homerun and a double off the CF wall. That was also the game where I had Sierra Mist for the first time, and now its my favorite soft drink.

I also was at a game in 2004 where Willie Harris homered to deep center against Cleveland. So I've seen, in-person, two Willie Harris home runs. I have fond memories of both.

Willie Harris is also batting 1.000 in post-season play.

Any graphs on how you expect his average to look the next few years?

ondafarm
12-22-2005, 02:47 PM
1. Willie: Look at the non-tender as an opportunity. Sign somewhere where you have a chance to play every day. Pick it and throw it like I know you can. Hit to the gaps and use your speed on the bases, like you saw Pods do. Stay patient at the plate. Keep a positive attitude and remember that the hiney birds on this board can't take that ring away from you. . . .

I don't hate Willie Harris. He just wasn't irreplaceable.

Anybody with that speed who couldn't learn to be base stealer from Rock Raines needs to refocus.

Any lefty who can't learn to bunt, especially around Pods and Ozzie needs to work harder.

Any second baseman who doesn't improve his fielding when watching Iguchi field everyday isn't working hard enough.

Harris had great speed just no ability to anticipate.

I think Willie has earned himself a chance to start at second base for a second tier club (try the Cubs!!) The White Sox are not a second tier club.

mike squires
12-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Say what you want about Willie and although I wasn't a big fan of his...he was a good situational player. He'd get that bunt down, well most of the time...he'd still ya a base when you needed it, well exept for when he had that stint where he lost his confidence and was either picked off, thrown out or just couldn't make up his mind so stayed....uh, yeah, Wiillie, good luck buddy.

gbergman
12-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Dear Willie,

Seeya. Wouldn't wanna be ya.

uhh. right now i would love to be willie.

1. he got a world series ring with the Sox
2. He scorerd the winning run to clinch the world series
3. He is getting a lot of money to play baseball

what more can you ask for

JUribe1989
12-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Thank you for your great defense in September 2004 when we had you as the everyday 2B. You also made a great play in CF on 9/18/04 against the Tigers. You came up as huge as ever in the top of the 8th in Houston in Game 4. That leadoff hit shocked me, and I will never forget it. Thank you for scoring the winning run.

thomas35forever
12-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Willie, you helped rewrite Chicago baseball lore. After watching you during Game 4 on the World Series DVD, you should be our new color commentator after you retire.

ShoelessJoeS
12-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Thank you for scoring the winning run to give the White Sox our first championship in 88 years. Good luck Willie with your future team!

SouthSide_HitMen
12-22-2005, 03:52 PM
I don't know why anyone would "hate" Willie. He was good as a roll player. He had a limited opportunity to grab the starting 2nd base job and was replaced by a better regular.

I appreciate his hustle and will forever remember Willie crossing home to bring the first of what should be many White Sox World Championships during our lifetimes.

Good Luck Willie and I hope you are able to snag a starting spot somewhere.

http://www.repubblica.it/2005/j/sezioni/sport/whitesox/whitesox/ansa_7013085_24090.jpg

http://www.cairomessenger.com/WebImages/1103/willie-2.jpg

lostletters
12-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks Willie for scoring the winning run that rid us of an 88 year drought.

If anything in the history of the White Sox you will be remembered for that moment.

I know you would like to play as a starter, and I wish you luck on whatever team you end up on.

bafiarocks03
12-22-2005, 04:45 PM
I don't know why anyone would "hate" Willie. He was good as a roll player. He had a limited opportunity to grab the starting 2nd base job and was replaced by a better regular.

I appreciate his hustle and will forever remember Willie crossing home to bring the first of what should be many White Sox World Championships during our lifetimes.

Good Luck Willie and I hope you are able to snag a starting spot somewhere.

http://www.repubblica.it/2005/j/sezioni/sport/whitesox/whitesox/ansa_7013085_24090.jpg

http://www.cairomessenger.com/WebImages/1103/willie-2.jpg

Awww....LOOK AT MY WILLIAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love him soo much!! That makes me wanna cry! :whiner:
http://myspace-233.vo.llnwd.net/00224/33/27/224187233_l.jpg

DickAllen72
12-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Willie Harris hustled all the time. He has a good batting eye and is a very good defensive second baseman. He had a very good stolen base to caught stealing percentage.

Willie helped us win the World Series by getting a clutch pinch hit and scoring the winning run in Game 4. :supernana:

If the Sox weren't so infatuated with Jose Valentin back in 2004, Willie may have had a long successful career with the White Sox. Uribe at SS & Willie at 2B was working out very well, but Valentin was forced back into the lineup despite being a strikeout machine because he was supposedly some kind of "leader." A year later the "leader" was gone into obscurity but Willie's development had been stunted and the Sox got a better player in Iguchi. The rest is history.

Willie will go on to be a starting second baseman in the big leagues with another team.

Best wishes, Willie, and thanks for the World Series winning run! :gulp:

Mots09
12-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Looks like he is bending over in that picture to fire out some chaw spit.

I wonder how big his holes are on his lip from chewing?

Chicken Dinner
12-22-2005, 06:22 PM
uhh. right now i would love to be willie.

1. he got a world series ring with the Sox
2. He scorerd the winning run to clinch the world series
3. He is getting a lot of money to play baseball

what more can you ask for

A job!!

Minnie Me
12-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Willie,
You a good player. Go over to the NL and have some fun.

24thStFan
12-24-2005, 09:48 AM
:weewillie
Willie, thanks for everything you did for the Sox. Your clutch hit in Game 4 was amazing and you ended 88 years of misery on the Southside by scoring the winning (and only) run in the 2005 World Series. To me, you will be always have a fond place in White Sox history.

I hope you go on to a successful career with another major league team, because, despite what some here have said about you, you are major league all the way!

Go Willie and Go Syrupmakers!!!

wassagstdu
12-24-2005, 10:22 AM
He was disappointed and somewhat angry not to take over 2B in April, but ended up with a great attitude and a once in a lifetime chance in the WS that he took advantage of big time. Not bad. I think he will do well.

soxfanreggie
12-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Best of luck Willie wherever you may end up.

soxinem1
12-27-2005, 10:59 AM
No...sick would be the "*OFFCIAL* Monty Stratton Appreciation Thread!"

Or the Jaime Navarro appreciation thread!!