PDA

View Full Version : Report: Reggie Sanders to KC

WhiteSoxFan84
12-22-2005, 03:50 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5188214

Royals looking very different, yet very old.

soxfanatlanta
12-22-2005, 06:32 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5188214

Royals looking very different, yet very old.
You mean very different, and very bad. Unless their pitching figures out how to work in the biggs, they will be on the bottom looking up.

samram
12-22-2005, 06:58 AM
Looks like Reggie finally will have a year in which his team doesn't go to the playoffs.

RKMeibalane
12-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Start selling those World Series tickets now!

RoobarbPie
12-22-2005, 10:57 AM
You mean very different, and very bad. Unless their pitching figures out how to work in the biggs, they will be on the bottom looking up.
I agree they're still gonna be bad. But I think that they'll be better than last year - I think they may actually lose less than 100 games!

The pitchers they picked up so far (Elarton, Redman, Dessens) have experience which is better than the crap they threw every day last year. Add that to Grienke and Hernandez/Wood and they'll at least be better than Tampa

I can actually recognize all of the names that will hit for them this year too:
1b - mientkiewicz
2b - grudzielanek
ss - berroa
3b - teahen
lf - sanders
cf - dejesus
rf - brown
c - buck?
dh - sweeney

Now if they could just sell the team to a better owner, they might spend some more ca$h on players that aren't on the decline in their careers....

ndu3t4
12-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Now if they could just sell the team to a better owner, they might spend some more ca$h on players that aren't on the decline in their careers....

That's the thing, I think they've always had a decent lineup witha solid top four, but their starters have always been absolutly terrible. A good starting pitcher is really expensive these days and until the roylas start spending more cash they're never gonna get it.

Zack Greinke is gonna break out sooner or later though.

caulfield12
12-22-2005, 12:08 PM
I agree they're still gonna be bad. But I think that they'll be better than last year - I think they may actually lose less than 100 games!

The pitchers they picked up so far (Elarton, Redman, Dessens) have experience which is better than the crap they threw every day last year. Add that to Grienke and Hernandez/Wood and they'll at least be better than Tampa

I can actually recognize all of the names that will hit for them this year too:
1b - mientkiewicz
2b - grudzielanek
ss - berroa
3b - teahen
lf - sanders
cf - dejesus
rf - brown
c - buck?
dh - sweeney

The problem with the Royals is that their pitching has yet to develop. Greinke really regressed this past season from what he did as a rookie...Denny Bautista looked to be a potential ace of the staff but went down with injuries. That guy reminded me a lot of Daniel Cabrera of Balt but with more fluid mechanics. Miguel Ascensio also had a lot of potential but went down....he was a Lorenzo Barcelo type.

They've got 2-3 really good position prospects (B. Butler, Alex Gordon..a couple more whose names slip me)...but they really need a solid year from Hernandez in his comeback from surgery. Last year was his first year back.

They also need Angel Berroa to start playing like the Rookie of the Year.

Redman, Elarton, Mike Wood, Dessens....etc....keep the Royals from having to throw unproven rookies out there like JP Howell. At one point, the Rangers asked for Gobble and were willing to give up Mench but the Royals turned them down.

Another issue is that they have Affeldt and MacDougal...I think they should package one of these guys to get something in return before they start becoming too costly. I think they also need to trade the face of the franchise in Sweeney if he can get out of the gate fast and prove that he is healthy once again.

At least Glass is acknowledging that he has to field a competitive team to automatically draw 18,000-20,000 per game. Even though he profited because the payroll was so low, it was beyond demoralizing.

Foulke You
12-22-2005, 06:22 PM
That's the thing, I think they've always had a decent lineup witha solid top four, but their starters have always been absolutly terrible. A good starting pitcher is really expensive these days and until the roylas start spending more cash they're never gonna get it.

Zack Greinke is gonna break out sooner or later though.
I agree about Greinke. I think it was a bit of a sophomore jinx with him. You have to have patience with young pitching. Look at how long Garland took to put it all together. Greinke's stuff is great, he just needs to put the pieces together. For the sake of the Sox though, I hope he doesn't:cool: